2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

Just now, kyle21121 said:

Idk I mean referring to him like he’s the MVP after half a week is what a Rockets fan would do for Harden. I mean I can already see the parallels. 

It was a running joke last September that Yelich was doing something amazing every day, so I'd post the daily reminder when he'd hit a HR. I did it on Opening Day as a joke. I didn't think he'd have a HR every game and a walkoff double to start.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It was a running joke last September that Yelich was doing something amazing every day, so I'd post the daily reminder when he'd hit a HR. I did it on Opening Day as a joke. I didn't think he'd have a HR every game and a walkoff double to start.

Alright that’s fair I was basically out on September baseball and the banter as my team was essentially a joke and football had started by then. I thought this was either a parody of Harden Stans or perhaps unwittingly doing the same thing and it was ironic with the Harden/Giannis MVP debate on going all season. Carry on. 

53 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

good luck this year rest of NL.

Yea, Im buying the Phillies and think Harper will put up a MVP type season. I thought he made the right decision when he signed

McCutchen looking like a nice fit already as well.

28 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Imagine having Christian Yelich, Marcel Ozuna, and Giancarlo Stanton all in the same OF and trading all of them.

Pretty crazy and sad to think about how much Jose Fernandez death impacted that franchise.

If you think Fernandez death had anything to do with the Marlins ownership being toxic af, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slateman said:
1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Imagine having Christian Yelich, Marcel Ozuna, and Giancarlo Stanton all in the same OF and trading all of them.

Pretty crazy and sad to think about how much Jose Fernandez death impacted that franchise.

If you think Fernandez death had anything to do with the Marlins ownership being toxic af, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you.

Both things are true. Loria is a leech who should be beaten with hammers and Fernandez's death was a factor in the decision-making that lead the Marlins to another tear-it-down-then-salt-the-fields rebuild.

Paul Dolan and the rest of the family has been steadily urinating on the Tribe's fanbase for 20+ years now and telling them that it's raining.

His recent SI Interview basically saying "We're not resigning Lindor, get used to it. Also, we are going to ALWAYS be cheap, get used to it" at least says he's embraced his role as the villain instead of trying to feign that he cares about winning, while simultaneously trading or letting guys walk in free agency with this attitude:

giphy.gif 

Someone try to give me an ounce of hope that they sell the team at some point. It's egregious. 

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Paul Dolan and the rest of the family has been steadily urinating on the Tribe's fanbase for 20+ years now and telling them that it's raining. 

His recent SI Interview basically saying "We're not resigning Lindor, get used to it. Also, we are going to ALWAYS be cheap, get used to it" at least says he's embraced his role as the villain instead of trying to feign that he cares about winning, while simultaneously trading or letting guys walk in free agency with this attitude:

giphy.gif 

Someone try to give me an ounce of hope that they sell the team at some point. It's egregious. 

He actually had the balls to say that the team lost money last year even though the value of the team went up "considerably". Real solid accounting. That's like your landlord saying he lost money because he used your rent to pay off his mortgage, and not including the fact that he has more equity in the property as making money.

But when MLB teams are giving out championship belts for who penny pinches the most in arbitration instead of who, you know, wins, that's what you get.