2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Yove said this a few times. Youre either flat out lying/making stuff up or have legit proof of it. Which one, cause its very likely that its the former but id love to be wrong. 

you are asking for proof of an unwritten rule??

Think about it logically. What he is saying makes perfect sense, especially when you consider the people who are negotiating the CBA are current players who hope to hit FA in a few years... that means that they are trying to leave more money for themselves rather than for the younger guys that come after. what about that is confusing to you?

The problem is that the difference between guys on rookie deals and guys who were overpaid as FAs is so great that teams would rather just have a roster full of young players, and this has caused the FA market to get squeezed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

you are asking for proof of an unwritten rule??

Think about it logically. What he is saying makes perfect sense, especially when you consider the people who are negotiating the CBA are current players who hope to hit FA in a few years... that means that they are trying to leave more money for themselves rather than for the younger guys that come after. what about that is confusing to you?

The problem is that the difference between guys on rookie deals and guys who were overpaid as FAs is so great that teams would rather just have a roster full of young players, and this has caused the FA market to get squeezed. 

im looking for proof there was some agreement that teams would overpay players. its stupid to even say that out loud, it makes zero sense. why would owners purposefully overpay players? Is it more likely that they have a better view of actual value instead of saying, sure we'll just throw buckets of money at you cause youre not under team control anymore? 

but why admit its simply teams have smartened up, no, it has to be that the owners are reneging on some under the table, back room, wink wink deal that old guys would get paid just cause theyre old. not buying it, and I challenge anyone to show a shred of actual evidence of it. 

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

im looking for proof there was some agreement that teams would overpay players. its stupid to even say that out loud, it makes zero sense. why would owners purposefully overpay players? Is it more likely that they have a better view of actual value instead of saying, sure we'll just throw buckets of money at you cause youre not under team control anymore? 

Its an unwritten rule. 

They say 'we will pay 50% of gross revenue to the players' then they cap the amount of money that rookies can earn. where tf do you think the player's share of the revenue is going to go in this scenario? to the older players who have been underpaid for years. 

Instead of giving the players their fair share, the owners have instead decided to keep a bigger slice of the pie themselves. If you don't understand that, then I cant help you

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

Its an unwritten rule. 

They say 'we will pay 50% of gross revenue to the players' then they cap the amount of money that rookies can earn. where tf do you think the player's share of the revenue is going to go in this scenario? to the older players who have been underpaid for years. 

Instead of giving the players their fair share, the owners have instead decided to keep a bigger slice of the pie themselves. If you don't understand that, then I cant help you

where was it said we will pay z50% of gross revenue to players? Was it in a cba, if so, thats not unwritten. Its very specificly written. If it wasnt in there, who said it? Where was it said? When was it said?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2019/07/10/mlb-all-stars-strike-cba/1690983001/

The belief among the players was always that the owners would hold the power over them when they first entered the league, paying close to the minimum salary as long as possible. But once they became free agents, they’d open those checkbooks.

“So, underpaid on your way in and overpaid on your way out, relatively speaking," Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher Clayton Kershaw said.

Teams no longer view free agents the same, particularly those in their 30s.

“Our free agency structure and our salary structure," Kershaw said, “is that teams have a right not to pay guys when they’re getting older. The analytics say to pay guys in their prime, the younger guys.

“So, if that’s not going to happen anymore, we’ve got to find a way to get these guys paid during their peak years if they’re’ not going to be rewarded on the way out.’’

Said Martinez: “Teams don’t want to pay players late, and they don’t want to pay them early, but you got to pick one. You got to pick your poison."

lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

How did Bieber get MVP over Chapman? Both struck out the side. 0 hit, 0 runs. Only difference is Chapman did it in fewer pitches and got the save. Lol MVP makes zero sense.

Because Bieber is the hometown favorite and it's a meaningless exhibition.

6 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Well, let put it to the test. what are you talking about? Please say rams post, please say rams post. The irony would be hysterical.

You asked for proof and he literally replied with quotes from actual, real people who are in the know. I'm not sure why you are having troubles following the logic here, or why these quotes are insufficient. 

You are asking for WRITTEN PROOF that an UNWRITTEN RULE exists and then have the audacity to claim the irony is hysterical to you. That has to be the most ironic thing I've ever seen in my entire life 

That Georgia State schooling must not have done you any favors 

Edited by N4L

4 hours ago, N4L said:

You asked for proof and he literally replied with quotes from actual, real people who are in the know. I'm not sure why you are having troubles following the logic here, or why these quotes are insufficient. 

You are asking for WRITTEN PROOF that an UNWRITTEN RULE exists and then have the audacity to claim the irony is hysterical to you. That has to be the most ironic thing I've ever seen in my entire life 

That Georgia State schooling must not have done you any favors 

No, thats a players perspective of what should be happening. Its not proof of anything. I almost wanna say having a make believe conversation in your head isnt an unwritten rule, but they arent even saying that was the case. Maybe you should use whatever fancy degree you got to reread it so you can reread what was posted and figure out it literally doesnt say anything?