2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

Surprised neither Keuchel or Kimbrel signed a 1 year deal for this year by now. I get they aren't getting what they want but do they think that an injury is going to result in someone giving them a multi year deal at the AAV they want? Or that they'll get it next year after not playing for a full season? I just don't see what their aim here is. What is the benefit they get by refusing to sign yet?

10 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Surprised neither Keuchel or Kimbrel signed a 1 year deal for this year by now. I get they aren't getting what they want but do they think that an injury is going to result in someone giving them a multi year deal at the AAV they want? Or that they'll get it next year after not playing for a full season? I just don't see what their aim here is. What is the benefit they get by refusing to sign yet?

Both could likely get a really nice prorated 1 year deal from a contender after the draft, but then you run the risk of injury with no long term deal.  

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Bryce Harper has already been booed by Philly fans. This is ridiculous.

It was 2 guys boo'ing, but still kinda funny.

Phillies lineup has some nice depth. The 1 through 3 hitters from last year are now the 6 through 8.