The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

That sounds a lot like what his weapons would be in Oakland. So what would we as fans expect? The same Minnesota guy? Where the difference from him and Carr? And if the Raiders are paying him 25+ million they would be paying more for the same amount of production. 

You can tell me why I am wrong but I see no way Bridgewater gets more than $20 a year.  If I would have to bet I would say around $12-15 on a short term contract where he looks like the likely starter and has a chance to cash in after year 1.

6 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK540mDdGXU

Not saying he is the answer, but if either of these next two games get out of hand, they need to see what he has.  He seems pretty smart and composed.

Not saying check him out but if we are reaching I would still not mind signing Fitzpatrick if he gets cut this year.  If Miami drafts a top QB they may want to get rid of him and have the rookie and Rosen compete.  I still think Fitzpatrick would be an amazing QB in Gruden's offense and a good cheap transition QB.  He is a gamer and would be fun to watch.  With what he is doing in Miami after everyone quit is amazing.  He still has his team playing hard and leading by example.  He is the anti Carr including his lack of natural talent.

On 12/20/2019 at 3:02 PM, RaiderX said:

Bridgewater isnt much better than Carr. Had weapons in Minnesota and he was basically a game manager. Seems like a quality career backup.

Not sure you can judge a player than was in his 1st two seasons of his career at Minnesota. He got them to the Playoffs in his 2nd season. He was improving until the Knee injury going into his 3rd season.

Even now, I would still take him over, Carr. Carr is 38-54 as a starter. New town, new starter. Time to refresh the position and try someone else. We aren't winning with Carr and haven't been for a while. 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 2

Carr played well against a bad team. It's his inability to beat good teams that is the problem. He's not consistent week to week.

Next week is another game that matters, potentially cold weather game. Can he rise to the occasion? That's been the problem. Meaningful game, cold weather. This is where he's struggled.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Their D is no joke though. It was refreshing to see him throw to WR's consistently. Getting Renfrow back gave Carr a lot more confidence it seems.

We were pretty short handed too. One thing I can say is that we are over performing with our talent. The chargers have a 12-4 roster, but are weak between the ears. They can’t execute and get it done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Carr played well against a bad team. It's his inability to beat good teams that is the problem. He's not consistent week to week.

Next week is another game that matters, potentially cold weather game. Can he rise to the occasion? That's been the problem. Meaningful game, cold weather. This is where he's struggled.

Do we have the roster to beat good teams? Many had us winning 4-6 games this year, vs a very tough schedule and that wicked road trip we had. We’re still alive going into week 17. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

Bad QBs don’t go 26-30 vs a good defense, missing his two best players.

Lol And Franchise QBs don't average an NFL worst 3.6 points per game in the 2nd half over the last 6 games. Actually, that number comes down to an abysmal 2.1 if you deduct the garbage time 9 points we scored against KC when the game was 31 to 0, largely thanks to picks thrown by Carr. 

We are tied the worst scoring team in the 2nd half this year. Last year, we were the 5th worst 2nd half scoring team in the league. All 4 teams that we're below us last year replaced their QBs.

44 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Lol And Franchise QBs don't average an NFL worst 3.6 points per game in the 2nd half over the last 6 games. Actually, that number comes down to an abysmal 2.1 if you deduct the garbage time 9 points we scored against KC when the game was 31 to 0, largely thanks to picks thrown by Carr. 

We are tied the worst scoring team in the 2nd half this year. Last year, we were the 5th worst 2nd half scoring team in the league. All 4 teams that we're below us last year replaced their QBs.

Who do we replace him with, that will be an actual upgrade? 

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Who do we replace him with, that will be an actual upgrade? 

This is a reasonable question. We are not in a position to draft an obvious franchise QB. So, we would have to draft one in a lower round and hope we hit on someone. The funny thing is, most QBs that are considered obvious franchise guys rarely turn out to be elite. It's the developmental guys that have a chip on their shoulder that pan out. 

31 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

This is a reasonable question. We are not in a position to draft an obvious franchise QB. So, we would have to draft one in a lower round and hope we hit on someone. The funny thing is, most QBs that are considered obvious franchise guys rarely turn out to be elite. It's the developmental guys that have a chip on their shoulder that pan out. 

Hmm, wasn't Rodgers at 20 something, Mahomes at 10, Jackson at 32, etc.? You can take an elite talent anywhere in the 1st. It's possible to get a franchise guy, but you have to actually try to draft them and then build an offense for them. I'm not sure why the thought is if you don't get a guy in the top 3 you have to wait until the 5th round. Take an elite talent in the 1st.

This is the Andy Dalton purgatory of QBs. The Jason Garrett of QBs. Put together an elite string and get the fan base hyped then absolutely drop a deuce when the games count for something more (Jets, Jags, Chefs, on and on).

It can absolutely be worse, like trading up for Tribisky, but it could also be a franchise saver like Mahomes. Or we can go 10 years of Andy Dalton. Hope whatever Mayock and Gruden go with works out, but think we've seen the potential of Carr already in his 6th year.

9 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Hmm, wasn't Rodgers at 20 something, Mahomes at 10, Jackson at 32, etc.? You can take an elite talent anywhere in the 1st. It's possible to get a franchise guy, but you have to actually try to draft them and then build an offense for them. I'm not sure why the thought is if you don't get a guy in the top 3 you have to wait until the 5th round. Take an elite talent in the 1st.

This is the Andy Dalton purgatory of QBs. The Jason Garrett of QBs. Put together an elite string and get the fan base hyped then absolutely drop a deuce when the games count for something more (Jets, Jags, Chefs, on and on).

It can absolutely be worse, like trading up for Tribisky, but it could also be a franchise saver like Mahomes. Or we can go 10 years of Andy Dalton. Hope whatever Mayock and Gruden go with works out, but think we've seen the potential of Carr already in his 6th year.

When I said "obvious franchise QB", I was referring to the general consensus franchise guys. There are guys with elite talent (that are not consensus franchise QBs) that you can draft. 

Who do you consider an elite talent in this draft?

Jordan Love (who I like a lot) is too risky to draft in the 1st round IMO.

Herbert and Eason are basically the same guy IMO (Herbert is obviously better. Eason plays down to his competition way too much for my liking). Both have great size and arm talent, but lack intangibles. 

There is nobody with Lamar Jackson type speed either. 

• Like 1