The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

17 minutes ago, Geezy said:

It was a group W, defense played well, offense played well, coaches had a nice game plan. There’s nothing wrong with giving the squad props. 

Yea I mentioned in another thread that this is the first time offense defense and st had a solid showing 

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

You guys kill me, we lose it’s Carr’s fault, we win it’s coaching and Jacobs. Where is the coaching and co. when we lose?

I just want just one of you Carr haters to show me how we can legit upgrade the QB position. Teddy B, Fitzpatrick, Jordan Love ain’t upgrades(I’ve asked this question for about a month)...

we’ve seen a 3-4 win improvement with a very flawed roster, vs a tough schedule while losing our best player just a couple days before the season and y’all act like Carr got us at 0-15...

someone pull up the 2019 Prediction Thread so all you experts can see how you felt about this talented roster before the season. 

Again Jacob's made a huge difference in wins, and only a few of us knew he was a stud.

26 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Again Jacob's made a huge difference in wins, and only a few of us knew he was a stud.

No doubt about it, but if Carr was as bad as some of y’all make him Out to be, Jacobs would’ve been facing 8-9 man boxes all year. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

No doubt about it, but if Carr was as bad as some of y’all make him Out to be, Jacobs would’ve been facing 8-9 man boxes all year. 

You are not wrong, but I think Carr still gets a measure of respect for 2016. He is capable of an MVP level of play but rarely shows it. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Fitz is a gunslinger who lives and dies with his aggression. I think that’s what most fans want but that comes with lots of TOs which will probably turn fans off. 

I want some of that fire and think it would elevate his teammates.  He does have a lot more TOs than Carr but that is a trade off and I think his interceptions would be limited in Gruden's offense.  He is pretty old for though so signing him was something I wanted to do a couple years ago.  I was just using him as an example of a less talented QB that could have more success in our system than Carr.  If he is available, we are looking for a 2 year stop gap, and move on from Carr than he would be a good choice.

4 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

You are not wrong, but I think Carr still gets a measure of respect for 2016. He is capable of an MVP level of play but rarely shows it. 

I think we all see glimpses every game. I'm still a part of the crowd that thinks if we add another weapon (WR), and revamp our defense,  we will begin to see it all the time. I think that's going to happen this off season and fans are going to pile back onto the DC wagon. Should've happened with AB but CTE happens.

• Like 2

The Chargers win was a team win vs a team who had a road game at home. Chargers also have quit on the year as well with a declining QB. One of the more disappointing teams this season

Yes, Carr played well but still he needs to be replaced next season. He's not a bad QB but not an elite QB that's consistently good enough to beat the best teams in the NFL. Carr needs to prove he can win in cold weather and match up with Elite QBs.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

I think we all see glimpses every game. I'm still a part of the crowd that thinks if we add another weapon (WR), and revamp our defense,  we will begin to see it all the time. I think that's going to happen this off season and fans are going to pile back onto the DC wagon. Should've happened with AB but CTE happens.

I am not a Carr hater, but a Carr critic. 2016 was the biggest tease that I have gone through as a Raider fan. I was almost certain that Carr would improve to elite status after that season. Then reality hit.... 

If he can get back to form, then I would be on board with keeping him. But he is making it difficult. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The Chargers win was a team win vs a team who had a road game at home. Chargers also have quit on the year as well with a declining QB. One of the more disappointing teams this season

Yes, Carr played well but still he needs to be replaced next season. He's not a bad QB but not an elite QB that's consistently good enough to beat the best teams in the NFL. Carr needs to prove he can win in cold weather and match up with Elite QBs.

Matched up well vs Watson but our defense couldn’t get off the field in the 2nd half. I’ll reserve judgement until we round out the roster. I’m all for an upgrade at any position, but I’m not a fan of change for the sake of change. If we make a change we have to make sure it’s for the better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Matched up well vs Watson but our defense couldn’t get off the field in the 2nd half. I’ll reserve judgement until we round out the roster. I’m all for an upgrade at any position, but I’m not a fan of change for the sake of change. If we make a change we have to make sure it’s for the better.

Arden karate kid key 🤦🏽‍♂️

If only he made that sack

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

It was a group W, defense played well, offense played well, coaches had a nice game plan. There’s nothing wrong with giving the squad props. 

Yeah we win and lose as a team. It's a team sport.

Interesting stat...

The Raiders have bottom 5 starting field position on offense, but average something like T10 in yards per drive. If we just had better field position from turnovers or more stops, we could definitely be scoring more like 4-10 more points a game.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah we win and lose as a team. It's a team sport.

Interesting stat...

The Raiders have bottom 5 starting field position on offense, but average something like T10 in yards per drive. If we just had better field position from turnovers or more stops, we could definitely be scoring more like 4-10 more points a game.

Nah it’s Carr throwing short of the sticks.