The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

Just now, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

If you want Fitztrash, then you are clueless and don't know anything about football. Is that how it works Frankie?

If you want Fitz you are someone that has no vision for the future and wants a player that has been nothing more than a stopgap journeyman his entire career. I absolutely get the frustration with Carr, but wanting Fitz is laughable at best.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

If you want Fitz you are someone that has no vision for the future and wants a player that has been nothing more than a stopgap journeyman his entire career. I absolutely get the frustration with Carr, but wanting Fitz is laughable at best.

Gannon was nothing but a stop gap journeyman until Gruden made him an MVP. 

I see a lot in Fitz what I saw in Gannon. 

Plus we would still draft our QBOTF. 

41 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Cannot believe people are banging the drum for Fitzpatrick. 

If there is even a drum I am the closest to hitting it on the forum and I am just looking at it right now.  I guess you missed the part about everyone saying 2 year stop gap.  The overall point of the Fitz discussion was how a lesser talented QB could possibly have more success in Gruden's offense because they are a better fit.

I'd rather stick with Derek Carr than give a chance to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick maybe does have the potential to be another Gannon for us, but I'd say it's more likely he comes out like the Fitzpatrick we've seen many times before; chucking a ton of interceptions, losing some games and getting benched. More chance of that guy than a Gannon clone who would take us to the Superbowl.

We know what we're getting with both of them, and whilst I'm definitely not saying Carr is irreplaceable, I really think Carr is a better fit for what we want to do than Fitz.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

No doubt about it, but if Carr was as bad as some of y’all make him Out to be, Jacobs would’ve been facing 8-9 man boxes all year. 

He's average nobody disputes that, leave lots of plays on the field and Wrs get the blame. Until we win one out of four games then he's great again. Smh

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I want to upgrade from Carr, but Fitzmagic doesn’t really inspires confidence. Sure Gruden made Gannon an MVP, but Gannon and Fitzpatrick are totally contrasting styles. 

I just want someone who can scramble to keep drives alive when the opportunity is there, who can throw an accurate deep ball and stretch a defense, who can stand in the pocket and take a hit as he throws every once in a while, and can make off script plays here and there.

• Like 1

Just now, raidr4life said:

I just want someone who can scramble to keep drives alive when the opportunity is there, who can throw an accurate deep ball and stretch a defense, who can stand in the pocket and take a hit as he throws every once in a while, and can make off script plays here and there.

What happens when he strings together a few 4 INT games and we lose because of it?

3 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

What happens when he strings together a few 4 INT games and we lose because of it?

So you saying he shouldn't throw down field because he might throw int's, then he wouldn't be  NFL QB material, you ever think that defenses might know that Carr rarely leaves the pocket and won't test you deep? You rather dink and dunk for 14 points a game and lose that way? It worked this last game because Wr's were able to get YAC, a defense that tackles well shuts it down.