The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/a-look-at-every-throw-did-derek-carr-hold-back-the-raiders-offense-on-sunday/

Damn gotta say.. this makes Carr look a bit better. Maybe it's the route combos or lack of use of Jacobs? Safety constantly deep middle

That’s an interesting take on the route concepts which has been mentioned before. When you look again at the play to Waller before h/t he did have room to go vertical and that’s what it looks like Carr was expecting.

There is a serious lack of understanding the relationship a WR and QB have to have. Carr has never thrown to ANYONE on our roster except carrier and Waller (less then 30 completion prior to this season). Lets let the season progress. The Vikings might have the best defense or at least top 3 in the league. The Chiefs have the best offense in the league. We will be fine and Carr will be fine. 

Y'all almost got me this week. About to jump off a bridge but then re watched the coaches film today. He had no one to throw to. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Glad more people coming to their senses, instead of a witch hunt. 

FYI, no one wants Carr to fail.  We all want him to be a great QB.  I’ve been very supportive of Carr for his career, but it’s become obvious that he isn’t progressing like we all hoped.  No witch hunt, just not irrationally defending all of Carrs issues.

• Like 7

The biggest issue is out schemes suck. Offense is always shaky, we can blame Carr are you want but I don’t trust Gruden. Our defense always looks a step too slow, instead of flying round making plays. We don’t have a way to generate a pass rush. Mayowa is our best pass rusher, a guy we signed for peanuts 

• Like 1

Here are some advanced stats for our receivers.

TEAM     POS                      CUSH          SEP            TAY         TAY%           REC          TAR       CTCH%         YDS              TD         YAC/R        xYAC/R       +/-

OAK
TE
OAK
WR
OAK
WR

Here are Carr's numbers.

TEAM        TT      CAY    IAY     AYD     AGG%     LCAD     AYTS   ATT  YDS      TD   INT  RATE   COMP% xCOMP% +/-

OAK

Not going to make any judgments yet just going to add some stats to the discussion.  

Edited by drfrey13

51 minutes ago, daineraider said:

FYI, no one wants Carr to fail.  We all want him to be a great QB.  I’ve been very supportive of Carr for his career, but it’s become obvious that he isn’t progressing like we all hoped.  No witch hunt, just not irrationally defending all of Carrs issues.

For real. Nobody is mentioning that. If Carr fails, this team won't be headed anywhere for another 3-4 years. We want it to click for Carr.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

The biggest issue is out schemes suck. Offense is always shaky, we can blame Carr are you want but I don’t trust Gruden. Our defense always looks a step too slow, instead of flying round making plays. We don’t have a way to generate a pass rush. Mayowa is our best pass rusher, a guy we signed for peanuts 

It can be both. Gruden is leaving a lot to be desired as a play caller. But that doesn't excuse happy feet and his total lack of pocket presence or willing to extend a play with his feet.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, daineraider said:

I remember defending Jamarcus until it cannot be done anymore 

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I remember defending Jamarcus until it cannot be done anymore 

Same. It wasn’t until Week 3 2009 or so I started to sour. I defended his 2008 season much saying it was just his first season starting. But when you look that bad, for any reason, where there’s smoke there’s fire. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Here you go, the Raiders are down by 21 points at halftime the team plays prevent defense to stop the long pass.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/derek-carr-unfair-situation-when-it-comes-deep-ball-critics

All well and good. But doesn't explain what was going on the first half of the game when they were still dinking and dunking in a one score game.

There is always an excuse... but dating back to 2014, Carr is among the lowest yard per attempt passers in football. That means it's consistent. 

Gotta show me something. Otherwise, it;'s just noise. It's been this way his entire career, so making excuses for 1 game doesn't really inspire much.

Further, maybe if he extends a play with his feet instead of getting rid of the ball so fast, he can let guys get open deep. He just wants to get it out and avoid contact. That's reality. 

• Like 2