The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

Imo Carr is his own worst enemy.

Like in kc he will lead a drive into the red zone looking great then he makes the int pass in the end zone. Confidence broke plays like crap for the rest of the game 

vs minny good drive going game still in reach then boom over throw for a int. Confidence broke plays like crap for the rest of the game 

see last year vs la rams 

different coaches, different targets, different o line same qb tho same game killing ints

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly correct although I don't know much about the college Wr's.  I will say that everything regarding AB is spot on and you clearly see the trickle down affect.   

It's true for any good receiver. They make the whole offense better by pushing everyone down the "priority chain" of who to cover with your best guy. 

I bet we would have been lethal on offense with AB. Too bad he had to go psycho the last 2 weeks.

• Like 2

Carr and AB are alike in that they both have the physical tools but they both can not make the good decisions.  Carr on the field and AB off the field.  The sad part with Carr is that a lot of QBs in the league can match his physical abilities.  That is why he went from being a possible MVP candidate to hopefully a top 15-20 QB.  If he can get over his fears, stop thinking, and start playing he has a chance but the clock is ticking.  Your QB play is going to suffer when you focus on not making a bad play rather than focusing on making a good play.  Same thing happens in golf.  When you are on all you see is the fairway but when you are spiraling the traps and water hazards are really big.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's true for any good receiver. They make the whole offense better by pushing everyone down the "priority chain" of who to cover with your best guy. 

I bet we would have been lethal on offense with AB. Too bad he had to go psycho the last 2 weeks.

100 percent agree and you're right he would have been a lock for 1200 and 10 all while occupying their best CB.  That type of production was irreplaceable and has thrown our whole team out of whack. 

28 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

100 percent agree and you're right he would have been a lock for 1200 and 10 all while occupying their best CB.  That type of production was irreplaceable and has thrown our whole team out of whack. 

So you are saying that Cooper, Crabtree, and Murray fall somewhere between AB, Williams, Waller and Williams, Waller, and Jacobs?  Also you think AB would be as good as Cooper with Dak?  Just curious about your ranking since Carr is suppose to be a very good QB in your eyes, Cooper sucks, and AB is one of the best in the league.

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imo Carr is his own worst enemy.

Like in kc he will lead a drive into the red zone looking great then he makes the int pass in the end zone. Confidence broke plays like crap for the rest of the game 

vs minny good drive going game still in reach then boom over throw for a int. Confidence broke plays like crap for the rest of the game 

see last year vs la rams 

different coaches, different targets, different o line same qb tho same game killing ints

And both of those ints came after he changed the play at the line.

New coach. Same headlines. It's called a trend:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/del-rio-carr-must-be-patient-take-more-shots-downfield

There are times, head coach Jack Del Rio says, where the patience might add a few more.

No NFL quarterback holds the ball less that Derek Carr. He has possession an average of 2.3 seconds per attempt, according to NFL Next Gen stats.

When he lets go, the ball isn’t traveling far.

He averages 6.9 yards per attempt, around his 7.0 average the past two seasons, but isn’t taking deep shots with regularity.

I was sitting here thinking about JDR calling Carr out after a loss, saying he didn't know why they didn't take more shots down field. And we called plays to stretch the field.

Year 2 of Gruden, still getting the same sound bites in the post game pressers. It's a problem.

Edited by big_palooka

12 minutes ago, roi34 said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/a-look-at-every-throw-did-derek-carr-hold-back-the-raiders-offense-on-sunday/

Damn gotta say.. this makes Carr look a bit better. Maybe it's the route combos or lack of use of Jacobs? Safety constantly deep middle

I was going to do this today. But i watched the KC coaches film and Carr didn't miss many guys. The play calling needs to be better.

• Like 2

I'm not jumping to any conclusions after 3 games, especially when two of the teams we played were playoff caliber teams.  Our schedule is the worst I've ever seen.  We need a #2 WR, pass rushers, and DBs that can INT the ball.  I just hope our team can get healthy for this upcoming game.  So many injuries already.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm not jumping to any conclusions after 3 games, especially when two of the teams we played were playoff caliber teams.  Our schedule is the worst I've ever seen.  We need a #2 WR, pass rushers, and DBs that can INT the ball.  I just hope our team can get healthy for this upcoming game.  So many injuries already.

Actually the Dolphins have a worse schedule. They opened up with 4 playoff teams from last season.