Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

@Outpost31 is one of the few guy rightly complimenting Aaron Rodgers for what is a difficult play he made. I'm not sure what's going on anymore.

Worried we have a HC who isn't as smart as some guys on this forum.

This was a difficult throw. 

This isn't even the same throw, but this shows you just what a good NFL QB is throwing to when releasing the ball. Absolutely nothing. Space, that he's anticipating his receiver being in the seconds after he releases the ball.

Now imagine that throw rolling to the left, pressured, needing the ball far enough to the right so the pressuring player doesn't bat it down and far enough to the left so the WR full speed in his route can catch it without the DB making a play on it. Only arm slot that allows you to do this is below a 3/4 slot, almost pure side arm. Lol thinking it's a normal QB throw. Just proves how spoiled Aaron's made you. Kirk Cousins isn't making that throw. Neither are probably 28 of the starting QBs in the NFL. I know for a fact that Russ and Mahommes can make that throw, that's all I can confidently state can do so.

Finally! This is the first time I've seen anyone mention this particular throw (the slant to Davante). I gasped when it came out of his hand. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol, @Packerraymond I was thinking the same thing.  People just need to imagine Brees or Peyton or Brady making that throw.  

Everything Peyton and Brady threw was over the top. That arm flexion isnt something you just do some drills and have. That's a God given gift. The other video I embedded where he is throwing side arm, which naturally takes power out of your throw, and then he double clutches during his cockback stopping all momentum and still puts that velocity on that ball. That just doesn't naturally occur. Aaron's arm is an as rare as they come from a purely genetic standpoint. Mahommes may have it, he's going to be fun to watch. Russ is close, but not quite to that level. Favre's was stronger, but not from as many arm slots. Aaron can throw any ball full velocity from any arm slot, without stepping into the throw, just stupid.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

QB's practice that throw time and time again.  It truly is no big deal.

He had a lot of room to throw that ball.  It was not a perfect throw.  It was a fine throw.  Good throw.

I took my fair share of snaps as a QB.  I can guarantee you that since middle school, every QB has thrown that route thousands of times, at different times, at different arm angles.

Rodgers has made an absolute ton of amazing throws in his career.  Sorry, but this was not one of them.  It was a fine throw.  But I won't pretend that it is something that it is not.

I bet if coach had put you in at half time you would have won state....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

I bet if coach had put you in at half time you would have won state....

One time these dudes were arguing about how well the new age gloves work in the rain and the one guy dropped a "dude I play semi pro so I know...." 

Best thing ever. It's all we said for months.

Instant argument winner

Dude, I play semi pro so...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

One time these dudes were arguing about how well the new age gloves work in the rain and the one guy dropped a "dude I play semi pro so I know...." 

Instant argument winner

Four TD's in a single game at Polk High ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

Instant argument winner

I played some of "semi pro" league in Wisconsin after HS/college just to try it out and this quote hits home pretty well. The majority of the guys playing were beta males who didn't fare so well in HS varsity football and were generally pretty douchey lol. 

Not to say I didn't meet any quality guys/football players, but... yeah. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Everything Peyton and Brady threw was over the top. That arm flexion isnt something you just do some drills and have. That's a God given gift. The other video I embedded where he is throwing side arm, which naturally takes power out of your throw, and then he double clutches during his cockback stopping all momentum and still puts that velocity on that ball. That just doesn't naturally occur. Aaron's arm is an as rare as they come from a purely genetic standpoint. Mahommes may have it, he's going to be fun to watch. Russ is close, but not quite to that level. Favre's was stronger, but not from as many arm slots. Aaron can throw any ball full velocity from any arm slot, without stepping into the throw, just stupid.

Kinda makes you wish he could throw a check down.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

@Outpost31 is one of the few guy rightly complimenting Aaron Rodgers for what is a difficult play he made. I'm not sure what's going on anymore.

Worried we have a HC who isn't as smart as some guys on this forum.

This was a difficult throw. 

This isn't even the same throw, but this shows you just what a good NFL QB is throwing to when releasing the ball. Absolutely nothing. Space, that he's anticipating his receiver being in the seconds after he releases the ball.

Now imagine that throw rolling to the left, pressured, needing the ball far enough to the right so the pressuring player doesn't bat it down and far enough to the left so the WR full speed in his route can catch it without the DB making a play on it. Only arm slot that allows you to do this is below a 3/4 slot, almost pure side arm. Lol thinking it's a normal QB throw. Just proves how spoiled Aaron's made you. Kirk Cousins isn't making that throw. Neither are probably 28 of the starting QBs in the NFL. I know for a fact that Russ and Mahommes can make that throw, that's all I can confidently state can do so.

Just like his Favre, this is not how you throw a slant.  It's a great completion, but look at it.

He's got the most perfect pocket to make that throw.  Huge lane.  No obstruction of the lane, action away from the slant is moving a defender to the right.

He's staring down the receiver.  Don't give me that anticipation stuff.  It's a designed slant.  He's looking right at the area.  Never takes his eyes away from it.

It's bad mechanics.  Feet aren't what they are supposed to be.  No step into the throw.  He double hitched.  He double hitched because it wasn't working out as it should.  It took a tick longer.

This is just Rodgers releasing the ball like Rodgers can.

Other QB's make that play and it isn't "gasp" worthy because they would step into the throw and it would look more "normal".

I get the Rodgers love.  But I've been more impressed with some of his other throws this year.

Highlight the G-MO TD grab.  I thought he threw that ball perfectly.  High, where GMO could get it, and if not?  Out of bounds.

I thought he had a great play on the first TD, he faked a screen to the left with Aaron Jones, only to come back to the right and get a pass through the fray and into Williams' hands.  That was a very, very pretty play.

Those are off the top of my head.

I'm not trying to take away these other throws, just pointing out that I was more impressed with some of his other throws.