Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, boratt said:

I see what I see and say it as I see it. Im proud of Aaron for staying calm in a brand new offense against the leagues best defense. Most quarterbacks would have made costly turnovers  under that pressure. 

I don’t disagree, but there were some low throws and slightly off deep balls that made me, among the most charitable of Rodgers fans,  wonder—entertain the uncomfortable thought that maybe just maybe—the new normal is that he can’t make all the throws he used to make easily. (Although he never was all that proficient at throwing to RBs or throwing flats and bubbles.)

But if I can give Lane Taylor a  pass cuz it’s the Bears D I can do the same for Rodgers. 

5 hours ago, boratt said:

I see what I see and say it as I see it. Im proud of Aaron for staying calm in a brand new offense against the leagues best defense. Most quarterbacks would have made costly turnovers  under that pressure. 

Here is the key takeaway from the game.

After the game while on the field and at his presser, he PRAISED his defense.  Grinned.  Said he told us so earlier in camp.  Stark difference from when his defense won a game for him last year (Bills I believe) when he didn't appear happy about it.

Rodgers is a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them.  If he sees his defense is like that?  He's going to take fewer chances and he will stick to game plans (meaning runs) more.

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Rodgers is a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them.  If he sees his defense is like that?  He's going to take fewer chances and he will stick to game plans (meaning runs) more.

Absolutely. Bears defense. On road. First game of the season in new offense. Really, really, really hard conditions to open up the season with a new offense. It’s going to go up from here. He played really well considering the conditions imo. 

The Packers won the 2010 NFC Championship in Chicago with the offense scoring 14 points.

Tom Brady WON last year's SB by leading the Patriots to 13 points.

Brady has WON many games over his career by watching his D do all the work.

The Packers won last night because of great defensive (and special teams) play.

It was fun watching the Packers win a game that was not a track meet.

There is reason to believe Aaron will pick up his game when not playing a Bears level defense.

But for the first time in years there is also hope that the D (and STs) can also lead the team to victory.

Hallelujah.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

That is awesome. From now on I won’t be able to watch a Rodgers rollout without thinking that he’s looking for his second favorite target. 

One of the comments was about how they took the GB sidelines in fantasy based on this

• Like 1