Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

32 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Seeing it from a few beats tonight. Kruse also reported about 2 hours ago. Hadn't noticed it broadcast across all media networks.

Yeah I've seen it like all day it seems like. I was just wondering why this is all being said so often today.

“It’s so new and so different than what we’ve done in the past,” Rodgers said, according to Packers.com. “It’ll be fun to lay it out there Thursday and work through the stuff we’ve been working hard on in practice. And make teams, when they play in Green Bay, it’s not just what they’ve seen for years. We’re throwing different stuff at them.”

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Seeing it from a few beats tonight. Kruse also reported about 2 hours ago. Hadn't noticed it broadcast across all media networks.

MJS article from Silverstein, subscribers only so not sure when he said it. 

Our boy Florio hammered out an article an hour ago on it lol I had to check. I even went to the comments for the first time. Those people need to legit be euthanized. Lol. Those guys are so damn dedicated to trolling, my gosh. I can't believe they never attempted to clean that up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Norm said:

Yeah I've seen it like all day it seems like. I was just wondering why this is all being said so often today.

He said it at the end of the press conference Monday, no reporter got a chance to follow up about it. 

Edited by deathstar
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Glad that Rodgers has the control to do what needs to be done at the line. That shouldn't have been a concern in the first place.

I would like to know how he got it through. Was this a mutual decision, or did Rodgers win a power struggle?

First point--absolutely.

Second point--we are in trouble if this was a power struggle thing at all. In your experience AG, doesn't a good offense use a certain set of plays to set up others? One set of plays creates expectations so that the defense is led to cheat with just a step in the wrong direction when a similar looking play is employed? If our new offense does this stuff then set B of plays isn't as likely to work if set A plays aren't run for effect. I hate to be a Glory Days guy, but Starr and Lombardi were thinking with the same brain when it came to play calling. Lombardi was a control freak, but he had to trust Starr to follow a plan they had created together. In the new era of coach-to-helmet play-calling such unity of purpose isn't required. But if MLF wants the benefit of Rodgers' brain he and Aaron have to build some trust and some shared purpose when it comes to play-calling and Aaron's freedom to audible out of one play to another. 

• Like 1

Rodgers should have a ton of control to change things based on what the defense is doing .. a no-brainer for a guy with his level of expertise.  With that comes a lot of responsibility to make the proper calls and be accountable when things don't go right.  LaFleur has said all along that this is a partnership between and Rodgers and this decision backs that up.  I hope the two of them knock it out of the park together.

52 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Glad that Rodgers has the control to do what needs to be done at the line. That shouldn't have been a concern in the first place.

I would like to know how he got it through. Was this a mutual decision, or did Rodgers win a power struggle?

I’d lean more towards this being the plan from the beginning than Rodgers winning some sort of struggle over control at the LOS. 

No matter how much they both like hiking, the pacific coastline and smelling their own farts Mariota isn’t Rodgers and if MLF can’t tell the difference then I need make sure I grab more beer by Thursday cause this forum is gonna need it. 

To me LaFleur's offense was only ever supposed to have specific audibles on certain plays. In his opening press conference he cited 'can'ning a play, as in on certain plays you 'can' do one thing or another. Rodgers probably brought up how important it was to have the freedom to check to things. We've also seen LaFleur cite that during practices Rodgers has "gotten them out of some bad looks" by switching to different plays. Throughout the games we've seen Rodgers and LaFleur discussing things on the sidelines while the offense is on the field. LaFleur doesn't seem to me to be the type of person to 'lose a power struggle', specifically when asked about why players didn't play in Winnipeg he pushed back at the media and said specifically because he didn't want them to. What it seems has happened is that throughout the offseason Rodgers has earned LaFleur's trust, which, in my opinion, he absolutely should've had to do to introduce such a big wrinkle to the offense such as, checking out of any play at any time.

All I know is LaFleur is my last great hope to appreciate Rodgers, and I think this is the tipping point for other fans, too.

If the same stupid bull**** happens with Rodgers this year, people won’t be able to fool themselves.  

Last year was easily Aaron’s worst as a pro and it was glaringly obvious to those without blinders on.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Glad that Rodgers has the control to do what needs to be done at the line. That shouldn't have been a concern in the first place. I would like to know how he got it through. Was this a mutual decision, or did Rodgers win a power struggle?

First year coach MLF wasnt going to override ARs capability to change things at the LOS. Nothing but media hype.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

All I know is LaFleur is my last great hope to appreciate Rodgers, and I think this is the tipping point for other fans, too.

If the same stupid bull**** happens with Rodgers this year, people won’t be able to fool themselves.  

Last year was easily Aaron’s worst as a pro and it was glaringly obvious to those without blinders on.  

Yup. I still believe, but if he's healthy and we see something similar, it's over for me

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yup. I still believe, but if he's healthy and we see something similar, it's over for me

I agree as well.  If this thing morphs back into that mess we saw last year they should prepare for life without Rodgers.  He's being given a ton of control and he better not muck it up.  

If any QB is going to get near full freedom at the line his name will be Rodgers or Brady.  I will say this, there can not be a matter of Rodgers "winning" a power struggle.  I would bet it's more like coach telling Rodgers you do indeed have certain freedoms as long as you stay within certain parameters.  More important, if it's not working expect things to change.  That's good coaching, not losing a power struggle.  The likes of Rodgers and Brady make for exceptions, with limits.