Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

There is nothing I love more than seeing Rodgers accept that nobody is going to get open, that he is not Fran Tarkenton, and take the 3-5 yards instead of the 20-60 yards or sack or throwaway. 

I love how much action the RB's are getting in the pass game. It's refreshing.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

It's almost as if all the evidence indicates MM was the reason for not involving RB's in the passing game. Not Rodgers. Who changed it when MLF emphasized it.

@Outpost31

I've already at length proved this wrong.  MM has always had it as a part of his offense.  From his time as offensive coordinator through Favre and early in Aaron's time as a starter, passing to backs has been a staple of his offenses.  Then it slowly started disappearing.  I don't know where the post is, but it's somewhere on this site.  It was decidedly NOT McCarthy.  But keep telling yourself it was all McCarthy. 

Maybe instead of LaFleur emphasizing it more than McCarthy did, Rodgers is just not being an entitled diva who was brought down a peg when Murphy told Rodgers to not be a part of the problem. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I've already at length proved this wrong.  MM has always had it as a part of his offense.  From his time as offensive coordinator through Favre and early in Aaron's time as a starter, passing to backs has been a staple of his offenses.  Then it slowly started disappearing.  I don't know where the post is, but it's somewhere on this site.  It was decidedly NOT McCarthy.  But keep telling yourself it was all McCarthy. 

Maybe instead of LaFleur emphasizing it more than McCarthy did, Rodgers is just not being an entitled diva who was brought down a peg when Murphy told Rodgers to not be a part of the problem. 

Murphy said that was false. 

Sorry man, all the evidence disproves the dumb conspiracy theory that Rodgers refuses to throw to certain players/positions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Murphy said that was false. 

Sorry man, all the evidence disproves the dumb conspiracy theory that Rodgers refuses to throw to certain players/positions.

What’s he going to say?  That it’s true?  
All evidence?  I literally showed visual evidence of Rodgers not throwing to wide open tight ends, MVS, Graham and running backs in 2018.

Literally.  You’re just too Goddamn stubborn to accept it.  

It's less about whether the timing back was an option and where the RB is in the play design. McCarthy used RBs like RBs were often used in the initial spread invasion of like 2000-2014. They're in the pattern and they function as a checkdown

LaFleur brings a more modern approach of using RBs as a primary or second option in plays. (Note that Modern doesn't necessarily equate to better). Rodgers doesn't like to progress. If his second read isn't open, he wants to break the pocket and improvise. 

It's not a coincidence that as our RB targets go up, our secondary WR targets are shrinking.

• Like 2

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Trust me. I know. Haha

Haha.  I've actually shown the evidence.  Haha.  You've said the evidence I've shown is false without providing any counter evidence.  Haha.  Ten thousand stories of Rodgers and all of them are hearsay.  Haha.  Where there's smoke there's fire is never true.  Haha. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What’s he going to say?  That it’s true?  
All evidence?  I literally showed visual evidence of Rodgers not throwing to wide open tight ends, MVS, Graham and running backs in 2018.

Literally.  You’re just too Goddamn stubborn to accept it.  

Last night might have been reason for Rodgers not to throw to certain players: Allison, Shepard, Graham. They all sucked except Graham made one good catch. 

If you've come to this thread to trash Aaron Rodgers today, you have lost your damned mind. He proved why he'll go down as the GOAT with that crap show of 'talent' he was working with. It was so bad, he asked the WR coach to give #13 a few snaps. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Last night might have been reason for Rodgers not to throw to certain players: Allison, Shepard, Graham. They all sucked except Graham made one good catch. 

If you've come to this thread to trash Aaron Rodgers today, you have lost your damned mind. He proved why he'll go down as the GOAT with that crap show of 'talent' he was working with. It was so bad, he asked the WR coach to give #13 a few snaps. 

This wasn't a GOAT performance. This was a strong showing. He's still playing with an elite offensive like and good running backs. 

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Haha.  I've actually shown the evidence.  Haha.  You've said the evidence I've shown is false without providing any counter evidence.  Haha.  Ten thousand stories of Rodgers and all of them are hearsay.  Haha.  Where there's smoke there's fire is never true.  Haha. 

Do you enjoy things in life or are you on the constant grind to prove your statements correct? Lol. I'm going to post that Mac was the reason Rodgers didn't throw to RBs after we win the SB to test this.

50 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This wasn't a GOAT performance. This was a strong showing. He's still playing with an elite offensive like and good running backs. 

Had the one 'good' running back caught a perfectly thrown ball for 6, Rodgers numbers would have been at a whole other level. Not to mention the other perfectly thrown ball that bounced off 10's facemask for an INT. He was dropping dimes all game and guys were dropping them.