Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So I'm as pumped about this performance as anybody, we saw some fantastic things here, but this was some serious punching down. This is a bottom 5 defense we just played. 

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

No it's not.

What I saw....Raiders were not playing their responsibility and trying to jump a route based on Rodgers eyes.  

His eyes led to some pretty wide open plays. 

It was amazing to watch.

I don't think the Raiders defense was very good, but I thought they'd be fundamentally sound.  Instead, they were not sound and our QB took advantage of them like internet Princes take advantage of Michael Scott.

Edited by vegas492

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

What I saw....Raiders were not playing their responsibility and trying to jump a route based on Rodgers eyes.  

It was amazing to watch.

I don't think the Raiders defense was very good, but I thought they'd be fundamentally sound.  Instead, they were not sound and our QB took advantage of them like @AlexGreen#20 takes advantage of hot chicks on Tinder.

Any chance you could edit that last bit? I know you're just making a joke, but that's not really an implication I want to be associated with, even in a joking manner.

33 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It was amazing to watch.

I don't think the Raiders defense was very good, but I thought they'd be fundamentally sound.  Instead, they were not sound and our QB took advantage of them like @AlexGreen#20 takes advantage of (insert something inappropriate).

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Any chance you could edit that last bit? I know you're just making a joke, but that's not really an implication I want to be associated with, even in a joking manner.

This better?

And I am kidding...much respect for you.  I'll edit.

Edited by vegas492

Rodgers threw very well.  The receivers caught very well, other than the one drop by Lazard.  A couple of excellent catches.  Rodgers threw very well on monday, too, but the numbers looked worse in part due to drops.  

He's gotten really good protection.  I think that all works together.  

Last year, I felt like on 3rd downs, the protection would routinely fall apart and he'd have limited time to look.  I felt like he was pressured enough so that even when he wasn't, he was still too spooked from other pressures that he he wasn't calm in the pocket.  He's looked more patient and un-distracted in the pocket in recent weeks, during which the protection has usually been good.  Pressure is the exception, not the rule, now.  Fun to watch.  

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Rodgers threw very well.  The receivers caught very well, other than the one drop by Lazard.  A couple of excellent catches.  Rodgers threw very well on monday, too, but the numbers looked worse in part due to drops.  

He's gotten really good protection.  I think that all works together.  

Last year, I felt like on 3rd downs, the protection would routinely fall apart and he'd have limited time to look.  I felt like he was pressured enough so that even when he wasn't, he was still too spooked from other pressures that he he wasn't calm in the pocket.  He's looked more patient and un-distracted in the pocket in recent weeks, during which the protection has usually been good.  Pressure is the exception, not the rule, now.  Fun to watch.  

He really has gotten outstanding protection since the Bears game.

Much of the pressure last season seemed to come up the middle.

Everyone knew RG was a problem last season.

Looks like LG may have been more of an issue than most realized.

19 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do they have a better offense than us?

IMO there is no way Cousins could do what Rodgers did with the WR corps we have right now.   And our O will be even better with #17 back now that AR is beginning to trust the others.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

IMO there is no way Cousins could do what Rodgers did with the WR corps we have right now.   And our O will be even better with #17 back now that AR is beginning to trust the others.

Cousins is currently leading the league in passer rating. Even after a 158.3, Rodgers still isn't top 5.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cousins is currently leading the league in passer rating. Even after a 158.3, Rodgers still isn't top 5.

But like I said Cousins has a better WR corps right now that Rodgers does, even when Adams comes back.