Carson Wentz... or this haul?

mistakey

Carson Wentz... or this haul?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have

• Carson Wentz
    • This haul

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

Most of those rookies are possible starters and not much more. Time will tell who won the trade, but until Cleveland finds a franchise QB, they are doomed to last place and who knows how many years it will be before they are even competitive. My money is on Wentz, but he still has to prove he is a solid franchise QB, but if he is, Cleveland is left in his dust awaiting a savior and it has been known to take even more than a decade to find a great one.

Cleveland broke the Golden Rule long held in the NFL, 'that you never pass on a potential franchise QB if you need one and have the opportunity to draft one.' They are just too hard to find. Cleveland has tried 2 late first rounders and now a high second rounder, where the odds are about 6% that he will become a true franchise QB. If you like those odds then Cleveland won the trade, but for myself, I'd say 6% is just not the way to go.

As a Cleveland fan, I am not happy with the trade, as I prefer to use a lot higher odds if I expect to find a true franchise QB. Cleveland might as well tried drafting a QB in round 6 where NE found Brady, it just isn't a solid foundation for finding a solid franchise QB.

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

its obviously not over (HOU 1st round pick and PHI 2nd round pick in play) but we can start to determine whether or not it was worth it for Cleveland.  I say obviously yes.  Just wondering what NFLG thinks.

Starters gained:
Corey Coleman
Shon Coleman
Deshone Kizer
Derrick Kindred
Jabrill Peppers

5 hours ago, RedRider said:

Wentz. I think he will be a top 10 QB most of his career.

Corey Coleman is alright, but I'm not a fan of spending first rounders on receivers. Kizer and Peppers could be good, but I don't think either will turn out, Jim. The aqcuisition of 2018 1st and 2nd are good. The rest are JAGs.

so to (over)simplify, it's essentially Coleman/1st and 2nd with a long shot in Kiner's and Peppers VS Wentz. I'll definitely take Wentz.

i think shon coleman is gonna be a pretty good right tackle.  maybe a 1 time pro bowler.  i dont think he's another jag.  i highly disagree about peppers.  i think he's going to be absolutely wonderful.  if not in the field (which he's already shown to be a better safety than anyone we've had since TJ ward), certainly in the return game.  c coleman and kizer are tied together for sure.  kindred we'll see.  he could be a jag, could be an avg starter.

i think the wentz people could be entirely correct.  i'm not of the belief, but i'll prob end up asking again mid season, then post season then post draft next year.  

7 hours ago, mistakey said:

carson wentz is a week 1 starter second year player...

Never said he wasn't? I said it's too early. That applies to Wentz too. But it wasn't a thread that said Wentz is a starting QB so the Eagles won. It was a thread saying the Browns have gotten 5 starters so far so you think they've won. I'm not going to counter a point not being made. I was countering your implication that the 5 starters means they've had a worthwhile haul.

"Too early" is the only answer right now, but projection wise, I would take the Browns haul....not because I dislike Wentz or love the Browns haul (especially since the Browns have yet to prove they can draft well in the first round), but I personally believe Wentz will be in the same breath as a guy like Ryan Tannehill, who believe is merely an average starting QB....so unless the Browns completely blow all of these picks (which isnt completely out of the realm of possibility)....I like their haul better.   I believe Corey Coleman will be pretty good, and the ammo they have next year should allow them to get any of the QBs they want.

Archived