***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

This depends entirely on when you buy/rent it. 

Digital rentals come before blu ray release at 15 dollars to rent.  Blu ray and digital release a week or so later at 22 dollars to own, plus digital, plus DVD. 

if there's the slightest chance I would watch a movie again, I buy it. 

You seriously rent movies for $15? That sounds like a ripoff, I sometimes rent from the PlayStation Store for $5-6 and otherwise rent everything from Redbox at $2 a pop. 

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, renting movies at $15 is incredibly overpriced and anyone who rents movies for that much is ******* stupid.

I don't think you can.  When stuff first hits streaming it's $15-20, but that's to buy.  Not to rent.  When it hits rental a little while later, it's generally $4-6.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

You seriously rent movies for $15? That sounds like a ripoff, I sometimes rent from the PlayStation Store for $5-6 and otherwise rent everything from Redbox at $2 a pop. 

No.  Never have, never will.  I could swear digital rentals were that much their first week before boy ray, but that might be to own a digital copy.

Either way, spending 5 dollars more to own a physical copy and a digital copy is worth buying blu Ray.  

As far as renting, I don’t believe in it.  For anything from housing all the way down to movies.  

35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

As far as renting, I don’t believe in it.  For anything from housing all the way down to movies.  

I cannot imagine owning every single movie i've ever rented.

Of course, most of my rentals are done through Google Play, and i use the free money i get through those surveys.  The rest are library "rentals".  So i guess i shouldn't talk, because i never spend real money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

No.  Never have, never will.  I could swear digital rentals were that much their first week before boy ray, but that might be to own a digital copy.

Either way, spending 5 dollars more to own a physical copy and a digital copy is worth buying blu Ray.  

I'll disagree. If there's a movie you know you'll just watch once, why take up the physical space and add extra clutter? I use to purchase DVDs all the time and they just sit there taking up space.

As far as housing, I love renting because I don't have to do any yard work or maintenance. I also travel a lot for work, so that likely plays a part in preferring renting at this point in life.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'll disagree. If there's a movie you know you'll just watch once, why take up the physical space and add extra clutter? I use to purchase DVDs all the time and they just sit there taking up space.

As far as housing, I love renting because I don't have to do any yard work or maintenance. I also travel a lot for work, so that likely plays a part in preferring renting at this point in life.

To be fair, I think there was a disconnect - he was talking about renting at $15, which wasn't the same context - you were referencing the $2-$5 range, which is what most ppl encounter.  I think that $15 was rent-to-own.

Finally watched it.  Definitely a good movie, but dragged on at parts, especially the first act.   They crammed alot in.

Nonetheless, a very fitting and satisfying ending to the MCU (as we know it).    Depresses me knowing DC isnt competent enough to form a semi decent cinematic universe while the MCU successfully had what...18 movies strung together?  Ugh.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:09 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Finally watched it.  Definitely a good movie, but dragged on at parts, especially the first act.   They crammed alot in.

Nonetheless, a very fitting and satisfying ending to the MCU (as we know it).    Depresses me knowing DC isnt competent enough to form a semi decent cinematic universe while the MCU successfully had what...18 movies strung together?  Ugh.

23 and counting

We bought Endgame at the digital release.  There is a real good 10 minute or so featurette in the extras on the Stan Lee cameos that'll make the room a little dusty.

• Like 1