Playstation 5

showtime

Yeah, that list is a solid for PS games, but almost all of the non PS games (RE7, FFXV, Fallout, Monster Hunter, etc.) have all been on Gamepass at some point or still are. Gamepass is still a much better overall deal IMO, and it's not even close. Hopefully, though, Sony continues to update that list into their own Gamepass of sorts.

As far as the conference: The prices are exactly what I think everyone expected. There weren't any real surprises with the games outside of GoW Ragnarok, but that's honestly enough to remind us all how much better their exclusives are over Microsofts. With that being said, I'm a little disappointed that many of the PS games are also going to be on PS4 such as the new Horizon. I was thinking these games were being designed with the PS5 in mind and we'd get our first look at how games perform being built around the new SSD architecture. Looks like we'll be waiting a few years to really see that sadly. Overall though, good conference from Sony.

51 minutes ago, showtime said:

What happened to Spider-Man Miles Morales being a PS5 exclusive?  Now they saying it's a PS4 game, too?

This is straight up crap.

Yeah especially with them dunking on Xbox for the same thing, it’s odd. Feels like a way easier pill to swallow to be upfront than just lying about it.

Overall I think it’s good for consumers, makes the need to upgrade to next gen pretty much zero. People can upgrade when they can. None of these games were incapable of being played on PS4s...especially a stand-alone game/expansion built upon PS4’s Spider-Man.

I guess God of War might be the first Next gen exclusive? Though maybe not?!?

1 hour ago, showtime said:

What happened to Spider-Man Miles Morales being a PS5 exclusive?  Now they saying it's a PS4 game, too?

This is straight up crap.

They never said PS5 exclusive.    When they dropped the first trailer, they even said it would be on PS4 and 5.   

Not seeing the big deal, TBH.

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah especially with them dunking on Xbox for the same thing, it’s odd. Feels like a way easier pill to swallow to be upfront than just lying about it.

Overall I think it’s good for consumers, makes the need to upgrade to next gen pretty much zero. People can upgrade when they can. None of these games were incapable of being played on PS4s...especially a stand-alone game/expansion built upon PS4’s Spider-Man.

With Horizon 2 being on PS4, who knows?    God of War 2 may end up being a swan song exclusive on the PS4.

16 minutes ago, 43M said:

They never said PS5 exclusive.    When they dropped the first trailer, they even said it would be on PS4 and 5.   

Not seeing the big deal, TBH.

Yes they did.  They said Miles Morales would be exclusive for PS5.  They just mentioned the PS4 stuff today.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

All PSN+ members will get these games for free.  Amazing if you are new to Playstation or you haven't played them:

IDqKV6u.jpg

This is honestly a higher quality list of games than all of Gamepass

Holy ****, what a list!! I just bought RE7. Dang. I have two years of PS+ burning a hole in my pocket bc I don't play online. 

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

I swore they stated it would be on PS4 before.  Hmm.

Either way, who cares?  

In order for a brand new game to be playable on 7 year old hardware, they have to dumb the game down for that.  For example, the PS4 still has a old hard drive and is much much less powerful, so for the game to be able to run on that system, it's not taking advantage of all the pure power of the PS5.

From Gamesindustry, Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO and President Jim Ryan spoke on the companies philosophy behind generations of consoles. “We have always said that we believe in generations,” said Ryan. “We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features.”

I'm just saying, they were being extremely misleading and even lying in certain aspects.  Even with the pre-order stuff... they said they would give everyone plenty of advance notice before pre-orders went live.  Even one day advance notice is still not that long, but pre-orders have already sold out in most retailers.

31 minutes ago, showtime said:

In order for a brand new game to be playable on 7 year old hardware, they have to dumb the game down for that.  For example, the PS4 still has a old hard drive and is much much less powerful, so for the game to be able to run on that system, it's not taking advantage of all the pure power of the PS5.

From Gamesindustry, Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO and President Jim Ryan spoke on the companies philosophy behind generations of consoles. “We have always said that we believe in generations,” said Ryan. “We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features.”

I'm just saying, they were being extremely misleading and even lying in certain aspects.  Even with the pre-order stuff... they said they would give everyone plenty of advance notice before pre-orders went live.  Even one day advance notice is still not that long, but pre-orders have already sold out in most retailers.

I knew that....but most launch titles, even ones that are exclusive, only make use of a fraction of the systems power.   Thats why games later in a consoles life are usually much more impressive.

Launch titles are USUALLY just glorified last gen games, maybe with slightly better textures.   Usually takes a year for TRUE next gen games to roll out, which is one of the reasons I wait at least a year.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Demon's Souls is PS5 exclusive and confirmed a launch title so technically that's the first next gen exclusive for PS5

The launch titles are: 

Demon's Souls

Spider Man: Miles Morales

Destruction All Stars

Sackboy's big adventure

Astro's playroom

Ribits big adventure

and obviously games like Madden and NBA 2K will be there too

Also some prices for the peripherals: 

DualSense wireless controller - $69.99

Pulse 3D wireless headset - $99.99

HD Camera - $59.99

Media Remote - $29.99

DualSense charging station - $29.99

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No way in helllll would I buy a digital only console.  However, I can see how that would be appealing to a lot of people.

Is the PS5 going to be able to play 4K blu rays?

Honestly I've purchased almost every ps4 game I have digitally...didn't intend for it to be that way it just sort of happened, so I might just go with the digital PS5 and save the extra hundred bucks. 

And yes the disk version plays 4k blu rays. 

Also..I'm angry at Sony...they tweeted that pre orders would be available tomorrow...then multiple stores started selling them today and sold out before I even knew they were.