Playstation 5

showtime

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Anything besides $499 for the PS5 would be very surprising to me. Although, I could see them doing $449 if they were looking to intentionally undercut Microsoft.

The digital will be between $50 and $100 cheaper, so either $399 or $349.

I think they’ll leave it at $499 for the regular one. They have the market, they’ll keep the market. Especially if those murmurs from earlier in the year on how much it costs them to make.

If they’ll change based on the Xbox news it’d probably be dropping the digital edition from $449 to $399 if anything. Knowing they’ll get a lot more of a cut from digital sales. 

If Sony does drop the base model to $449, I suspect Microsoft will just do the same and spin it as “every gamer deserves choice” sorta thing. So at that point they are just costing each other money.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:04 PM, Kiltman said:

I think they’ll leave it at $499 for the regular one. They have the market, they’ll keep the market. Especially if those murmurs from earlier in the year on how much it costs them to make.

If they’ll change based on the Xbox news it’d probably be dropping the digital edition from $449 to $399 if anything. Knowing they’ll get a lot more of a cut from digital sales. 

If Sony does drop the base model to $449, I suspect Microsoft will just do the same and spin it as “every gamer deserves choice” sorta thing. So at that point they are just costing each other money.

Yeah, there is no need for them to undercut the Xbox price. If rumours are true and they cut the price to compete, they can't undercut. Most surveys show PS5 quite a bit ahead anyway. Plus, with the way Xbox has marketed this generation, plenty of people who had a PC + Xbox will just pass and upgrade their PC with the new GPUs. Why bother when every Xbox exclusive is coming to PC, and the price of the new GPUs is insanely attractive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah, there is no need for them to undercut the Xbox price. If rumours are true and they cut the price to compete, they can't undercut. Most surveys show PS5 quite a bit ahead anyway. Plus, with the way Xbox has marketed this generation, plenty of people who had a PC + Xbox will just pass and upgrade their PC with the new GPUs. Why bother when every Xbox exclusive is coming to PC, and the price of the new GPUs is insanely attractive

Xbox is definitely on the verge of just going pure PC and not even really doing consoles anymore. 

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Xbox is definitely on the verge of just going pure PC and not even really doing consoles anymore. 

Think they will always have a box of some kind, vast majority of people aren’t going to get an expensive PC rig or even know where to start upgrading their own. Makes it easy. When GTA 6 comes out they can go get the $300 S and the game and be on their way.

I’ve thought about it but I need to be on a laptop for work to stay mobile, so investing in a quality PC rig would be way more extra cost. 

42 minutes ago, scar988 said:

That's not really the case. That said, they don't care what platform their players are on. They just want to get the biggest market share of users overall to sell games to. There are people like me who wouldn't go PC, and if they abandoned consoles, they lose us. And mom and pop, grandma/grandpa aren't building little Timmy a PC.

• Like 2

Glad Final Fantasy was at the beginning, I know they have a lot of fans but never really got into them.
They probably won't really move the needle too much with that being exclusive, but hate to see that stuff.

Spidey looks like a really polished upgrade of the last one. But does seem like a few things could've been toned down to have it on PS4.
Already like Miles more than their Peter.
EDIT: Nice, they are releasing it on ps4 too. https://www.engadget.com/sony-shows-off-seven-minutes-of-miles-morales-mayhem-205752241.html

Nice surprise with the Hogwarts game finally seeing the light of day, they actually made it sound and look way more appealing than I thought.

COD looks like, COD.

This Resident Evil looks really good, from someone that doesn't usually play them.

Love the aesthetic of Deathloop, sad that it's an outright exclusive now?

Souls remake looks great, I guess maybe it's like q2 or q3 next year? Weird it got no date.

$499/$399 is about what I expected, if they did any changes there it was probably shaving off $50 from the digital.
Surprised it's coming out on the 12th and the 19th, wonder if that points to some of the production stories coming out. 

Oh damn God of War next Fall....guess I'm not waiting til 2022 to get one like I thought ha

• Like 1