Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

10 minutes ago, roi34 said:

He also plays up middle a bunch, drops back in coverage and spies alot. He's a smart player and they use him in multiple roles.

Which drives me nuts because I rather him try to perfect the DE position rather than play freaking LB. It's nice to try new things but the fact he plays less and less from the DE spot kills me. He was drafted to be a base DE. If we wanted a utility rusher we should have gone Allen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Maybe I missed it but I do not see anyone calling him a bust.  Half of us are saying we are disappointed that he was taken 4th when better talent was there and the other half are saying be patient because he has only played half a season.  There is a disconnect in the two sides.  We wanted a better player who was there and many are saying it is not his fault.  Nobody is saying it is Ferrell's fault.  What we are missing is that neither side is happy with his production so far and neither side believes he was the #4 overall prospect.  We should all agree that no matter our opinion now we should all be rooting for him to reach has ceiling.

So this

• Like 1

When they had him as the spy on Watson on Sunday. I laughed and really lost hope in him at that point. His snap are going down each week and the Raiders are running out of ways to get him to contribute. His a Liability when he’s on the field as a pass rusher. Might as well be playing with 10 guys. 

3 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I mean this isn’t breaking news obviously majority want him to play well.

The issue is that posters accusing others about opinions of the player when the discussion should be how he is being used, why our FO made decisions, and how he fits with what is best for the team.  Just trying to stop this from turning into a "you are wrong/you said this" debate rather than discussing the player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Maybe I missed it but I do not see anyone calling him a bust.  Half of us are saying we are disappointed that he was taken 4th when better talent was there and the other half are saying be patient because he has only played half a season.  There is a disconnect in the two sides.  We wanted a better player who was there and many are saying it is not his fault.  Nobody is saying it is Ferrell's fault.  What we are missing is that neither side is happy with his production so far and neither side believes he was the #4 overall prospect.  We should all agree that no matter our opinion now we should all be rooting for him to reach has ceiling.

Yeah you did miss it Humble Beast actually calling him a bust repeatedly every single day. Unless you consider him a nobody then carry on sir.

• Like 1

There is no doubt that all of us were hoping for an instant impact from Ferrell, he was touted as a Pro ready prospect, very smart and from a championship programme. The reality is that he's looked less than star quality and it is concerning to me he's been moved around, seems like the coaches are trying to figure ways to get him mismatched rather tha him being able to exploit that on his own. However, there are possibly a couple mitigating factors - he is still a rookie, he's played barely half a dozen games and it's not as if he's on a loaded DL like Allen. I think this last point has been missed somewhat, there is no-one else who commands special treatment on the line, no one else who the opposition DC game plans against, no-one to ease the burden a little. I think we have to give the kid the full year and if he doesn't show some serious signs in the latter ha;f of the season such as an urgency like Crosby or some near misses like Key then we should be getting worried.

5 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I know it’s early but my mans @BayRaider said Cle going to have double the career of Josh Allen this all in fun. ( I don’t think I know more than anybody else ). 

When did I say that? I never even once said Josh Allen would be a bust, just that he’s a total mismatch in a 4-3, especially the 4-3 version that the Raiders run. In 4-3 systems Allen was like my 15th ranked player on the draft board. As a 3-4 team, I had Allen ranked #1 ahead of Bosa, Murray, and even QW. You can search the threads and find those if you want. 

Ferrell is in his rookie year, not even half way through. My projection for him was 6-8 sacks a year and eventually an elite run defender and A+ leader. I also even said Ferrells rookie year is more 4-5 sacks and average run defense. 

Josh Allen will always be the better pure pass rusher bur Ferrell will be the more complete player and IMO will be a better player overall eventually. Not changing that belief. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

When did I say that? I never even once said Josh Allen would be a bust, just that he’s a total mismatch in a 4-3, especially the 4-3 version that the Raiders run. In 4-3 systems Allen was like my 15th ranked player on the draft board. As a 3-4 team, I had Allen ranked #1 ahead of Bosa, Murray, and even QW. You can search the threads and find those if you want. 

Ferrell is in his rookie year, not even half way through. My project for him was 6-8 sacks a year and eventually an elite run defender and A+ leader. 

Josh Allen will always be the better pure pass rusher bur Ferrell will be the more complete player and IMO will be a better player overall eventually. Not changing that belief. 

First page of this thread homie