1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

Just now, Isherwood said:

To me, this feels like GB treating the 12th pick like their "bonus pick" (to bring up a sore argument from earlier)

I mean, you're not going to get a guy like this later in the draft.  There's no clear blue chip prospect available.  Brian Burns can't set the edge, Montez Sweat has enough medical concerns, and the rest of the draft doesn't have any great prospects.  It's got a bunch of good ones, but no great ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

Not getting the level of hatred on this. Preferred Sweat/Dillard/Wilkins....but the guy has absurd upside, was considered a top 10 talent, and we have a second pick in the first. It’s not the worst to swing for the fences here.

I don't think most hate it. 

I just think many are in wait and see mode here. 

TC/PS will be important.

Edited by Cadmus

I'm reading that he took the double and triple teams to open it up for Winovich and Bush. And teams schemed Gary, not the others. And he is a complete freak. Don't get the lazy vibe at all.

I did love his interview at the combine, like a kid. Clark 2.0 type

R-E-L-A-X

We got a freak. Can mold him any way Pettine wants. 

• Like 3

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, you're not going to get a guy like this later in the draft.  There's no clear blue chip prospect available.  Brian Burns can't set the edge, Montez Sweat has enough medical concerns, and the rest of the draft doesn't have any great prospects.  It's got a bunch of good ones, but no great ones.

Yeah, I get it 

3 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

For such a scrub like you think a number of mock drsfts have him going in the top 15. So I suggest you have no idea. Packers struggled all last year for that consistent DE opposite big Mike. 

Just a heads up to somebody with no idea.... they announced him as a LB, he’s not playing DE in base oppo Daniels. His traits are big physical edge, he didn’t play in the right position at Michigan. He had dropped to mid 20s in most recent boards/drafts. Its on Pettine now.

Huge upside, huge bust risk.  

Well, I didn't throw up in my mouth, but it felt like someone kicked me in the groin.

RAS scores at DE, DL and LB are eerily similar to Ed Oliver.  We got an amazing athlete.  Now the coaches have to get it out of him.

Thinking Gil Brandt said it best about this pick, "Good luck, Green Bay".