2020 Needs and Free Agent List

ChaRisMa

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Remember that Adams was a very, very young rookie.

I think he's one of those relatively rare exceptions where a 3rd contract is fairly likely.

Davante will be a FA at 29. I would not be remotely surprised if GB extended him for 3 years beyond that.

Just now, rcon14 said:

Davante will be a FA at 29. I would not be remotely surprised if GB extended him for 3 years beyond that.

I was looking at and thinking the same thing.

He'll be UFA in 2022 at age 29. 2020/2021 is when his salary jumps into the current market value range: 16.5M per.
Wonder if they'll try to extend him to age 31/32 and at what number.......WR's generally dont linger. When it goes. It goes. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I was looking at and thinking the same thing.

He'll be UFA in 2022 at age 29. 2020/2021 is when his salary jumps into the current market value range: 16.5M per.
Wonder if they'll try to extend him to age 31/32 and at what number.......WR's generally dont linger. When it goes. It goes. 

All true points.  Vante's game is mental and quickness/agility.  I think he'll age just fine.  Just gotta keep him away from those hellacious hits.

Wildcard is the development of Moore, ESB and MVS.  

• Like 1

Davante's age and longevity will hinge on the development of those younger receivers. Keep him on the outside and/or send him on deep back-shoulder throws while the young-uns do the dirty work over the middle with Sternberger and whichever young TE emerges over the next two years. If we were to win a Superb Owl in Davante's contract year, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired on top TBH; especially if concussions are becoming an issue.

35 minutes ago, Joe said:

Davante's age and longevity will hinge on the development of those younger receivers. Keep him on the outside and/or send him on deep back-shoulder throws while the young-uns do the dirty work over the middle with Sternberger and whichever young TE emerges over the next two years. If we were to win a Superb Owl in Davante's contract year, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired on top TBH; especially if concussions are becoming an issue.

We're winning back to back Super Bowls leading up to the end of Davante's contract, so I wouldn't be surprised either.  He'll have enough stats, touchdowns and rings to make a case for HOF by then with the projection of what he would have done had he not retired.

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We're winning back to back Super Bowls leading up to the end of Davante's contract, so I wouldn't be surprised either.  He'll have enough stats, touchdowns and rings to make a case for HOF by then with the projection of what he would have done had he not retired.

subscribe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Remember that Adams was a very, very young rookie.

I think he's one of those relatively rare exceptions where a 3rd contract is fairly likely.

He will price himself out of GB is what I meant. I think he definitely has another contract in him. DD and Jordy got the only third contracts. I strongly feel he will continue to improve and he'll move on.  Just my own opinion there.

2 hours ago, rcon14 said:

If Pettine doesn't want Kenny Clark we burn down Lambeau.

Clark is very good. He'll get a great contract. I'm only saying this: is that the role/part you want to put all that money into? It's gonna be huge. I honestly don't know. It's not a knock at all on Clark.

Clark's 5th year option might have been the most obvious "yes, do it" in the entire 2016 class.  With those top 10 guys who hit at least the number gives you pause, even though you go through with it.

It's just that there is no reason to do it well before the deadline (which is this week IIRC).

Edited by PossibleCabbage