2020 Needs and Free Agent List

ChaRisMa

I am real new to this forum, but I love the depth of the discussions. A theme I hear that keeps repeating itself in the talk about Bulaga is his back and knee injuries, so I looked ahead at some of the very early thoughts about o-line tackles available in the first and second rounds in next year's draft. At least for my inexperienced self, I came away with two or possible three players. WalterFootball. com mentions five possible tackles in 2020--Trey Smith (blood clots in lungs early Round 2), Tristan Wiffs, (big but really needs work at pass blocking), Liam Eichenberg, (mid round two and plays left tackle), Marcus Norman, (who reportedly had a great season), and Trey Adams, (he played great until an ACL injury). Of course, all this is very preliminary, but there could be a couple lineman who we could draft or trade/draft for in the second round. If I made a mistake mentioning another website, please let me know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gypsy1027 said:

there could be a couple lineman who we could draft or trade/draft for in the second round. If I made a mistake mentioning another website, please let me know.

I like the idea of spending a 2nd on an RT;  that was the one drawback to snagging Dillard at 12 this year, spending LT draft capital on an RT

As far as mentioning other sites, no problemo. However, "Walter" is not well - regarded round these parts  B|

• Like 1

I suspect none of us want to be in such a bad state at RT that we are forced to draft our 2020 starter and put a rookie out there to defend Rodgers.

Being so desperate is what bad teams do - just look at the Texans who got their lunch money stolen by the Eagles with Dillard and had to reach for Tytus Howard (the video from their war room looks like a wake as they try and convince themselves Howard is legit).

By all means draft a guy to develop but we need a plan before then.  And personally I'd rather not overpay in free agency for some other team's castoff.  We did that this year with Turner.

Palmy used to say that he thought Spriggs would be fine if allowed to stay in one position.  With all the depth inside and Bahk solid at LT, it seems we could afford to give Spriggs a full year at RT as a final attempt to make him worth keeping around. 

Cole Madison is also definitely a wildcard possibility considering he played the position in college. 

6 hours ago, British said:

Palmy used to say that he thought Spriggs would be fine if allowed to stay in one position.  With all the depth inside and Bahk solid at LT, it seems we could afford to give Spriggs a full year at RT as a final attempt to make him worth keeping around. 

Cole Madison is also definitely a wildcard possibility considering he played the position in college. 

Spriggs has been thrown into some no-win situations totally cold off the bench.  He's made small, steady progress.  Would love to see him get the majority of snaps all preseason and see if Palmy was right.  Heading into the season with Bulaga healthy and Spriggs more seasoned is a big positive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Yes. I'd be elated

I'd be annoyed, not at him or really anyone. That if Turner was the plan at the other guard spot, we already had one on the roster for peanuts. I wouldn't be mad, but I'd be like.... Well dammit

• Like 2

9 hours ago, British said:

Palmy seems to be highly regarded round here, I've seen him referenced several times, but his last post looks like it was late September 2018.

Has he moved elsewhere ?

37 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats generally what happens with sideline guys. There's no bullpen in football.

I've typed out my response, deleted it in the name of sportsmanship.  Three times.  So I'll just say  'No **** Sherlock'. Thanks for the enlightenment.

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Palmy seems to be highly regarded round here, I've seen him referenced several times, but his last post looks like it was late September 2018.

Has he moved elsewhere ?

Stopped posting cause a bunch of yahoos were posting the nuggets he shared with us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I feel like I'm the only person on here who would be happy to see Bulaga extended this year.

While I would like to see a right tackle taken in the 2020 draft, I'd be happy to see Bulaga extended a year or two beyond when his contract ends, at the end of the 2019 season. He has only just turned 30 (March 21), so letting him go is more about injuries and how hard it is to get a third contract in Green Bay.

The real question is would he take a 1-2 year extension ?  I wouldn't want it longer than that, and he might be looking for a longer deal. Perhaps, as it so often does, it will all come down to money. I'm guessing he is gone after this year, but that need not be the case.