Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Nba playoffs. Everything is down. I don’t know much about ratings but I’d assume that’s still a good number compared to other shows on Monday. 

Bouncyballs ratings are at ALL TIME lows as well. And when facing each other neither have come remotely close to these numbers.

Last AEW Dynamite did 500k. And was after the Bouncyball games. Figure if it was Bouncyball grabbing the ratings from Raw. They would have just carried over into Dynamite.

Aleister Black is the only one from the group I'll miss maybe. I haven't seen him in months other than a now abandoned feud with Big E which honestly probably explains why there was no followup this past week.

Some people have their jimmies rustled over Braun leaving (mainly on Twitter) and I just ask why. Frankly, the guy didn't have much for charisma, his moveset was kinda bland, and his character acting just kinda got worse over time. He will probably wash up onto the Impact roster. He seems like that kinda fella.

4 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Aleister Black is the only one from the group I'll miss maybe. I haven't seen him in months other than a now abandoned feud with Big E which honestly probably explains why there was no followup this past week.

Some people have their jimmies rustled over Braun leaving (mainly on Twitter) and I just ask why. Frankly, the guy didn't have much for charisma, his moveset was kinda bland, and his character acting just kinda got worse over time. He will probably wash up onto the Impact roster. He seems like that kinda fella.

braun was underrated.  he could wrestle.  sure his mic skills werent up to par and thats what probably prevented him from being a consistent main eventer.  he was way better as a heel.  i never got why wwe did that fued with him and shane.  it made no sense. 

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

braun was underrated.  he could wrestle.  sure his mic skills werent up to par and thats what probably prevented him from being a consistent main eventer.  he was way better as a heel.  i never got why wwe did that fued with him and shane.  it made no sense. 

Because "Shane must be on Mania (because, at least in their minds, that's what people want to see)."  Braun was always at his best when he had a mouthpiece, but Vince, while he loves him some valets, is pretty anti-manager nowadays unless it's Heyman (and a lower extent now MVP).

He's going to be one I could honestly see falling off the face of the industry because all he's ever known in the industry is this character (and they stressed "character" so much in the PC, not sure he can be broken of it at this point).  Adam Scherr (may be the first time some people are even learning his real name) doesn't have a ton of draw.  But he'll probably end up in Impact.  My biggest issue with Braun was that he never seemed to realize the cache that his size gave him with Vince and that he could have gotten away with saying no to some things that made him look like a cartoon character or basically "The Big Strow."  Either that or he just didn't have the stones to do it; too many guys seem to be so grateful to make it to WWE these days that the company has basically ingrained dutifulness and rooted out any willingness to challenge VKM.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I thought Braun was great that one feud with Roman. When flipping ambulances and all.

"IM NOT THROUGH WITH YOU YET!" When attacking Roman on the stretcher. Basically all he should be saying are catchphrases like that.  And WWE took him from that, to tagging with an 11 yo for the tag belts.

But WWE has always done that with their monsters when people start liking them. Adam Bomb was a beast for awhile. Then WWE switched him to a face and had him go out tossing Nerf football bombs to kids in the crowd and ruined him completely.

And his moveset is what he was told it would be. Just like with Cena. Cena as the Prototype was a juiced up Kurt Angle. Cena as Vince wanted was a Rock wannabe. Cant fault those type of things on the wrestler.

And Aleister is a guy Id avoid. Be paying good money to a guy that cant draw a dime. Braun can at least grab peoples attention when a monster. While Aleister looks like hes cosplaying a Twilight villain.

22 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Mic skills matter in main event feuds. You cannot be a top star and expect to get buried on the mic by others unless you have a mouthpiece and a skill set to back it up.

Lana will come over to join Miro. 50/50 on Braun. He's a big name and has value but there isn't room for him unless they move on from Archer or something. He'd be fun to see in NJPW. No interest in Tommy End at all. He's like Cesaro, he'll have cool matches, the IWC will rave about him, and at the end of the day no one will really care about him at all because he's boring. I can almost guarantee he'll end up in AEW though.

AEW should really cut some fat. Archer has been a bust, Ogogo might still have some value now but can almost guarantee in a year he won't, Sydal brings nothing, Dork Order can lose or swap a few guys out and lose nothing, Hager is in a high profile group but has literally done nothing in AEW, give Hardy a final run then move on, and there are a ton of other no names who don't need to be around.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Why on earth have 52yo Dustin beat Nick Comoroto? Dustin should be putting talent like that over. Especially if its the ME of a show.

Because nepotism isn't solely a WWE thing.

On 6/5/2021 at 12:36 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Why on earth have 52yo Dustin beat Nick Comoroto? Dustin should be putting talent like that over. Especially if its the ME of a show.

It was a weird show all around. The Inner Circle promo

Brit Baker’s promo 

The Mark Henry to Andrade transition 

strange . 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It was a weird show all around. The Inner Circle promo

Brit Baker’s promo 

The Mark Henry to Andrade transition 

strange . 

Agree. Not much on the show was very good for their own product. Whole show was loaded with former WWE guys. Then end it with an over-the-hill WWE guy going over a solid 30yo.

PAC, then Henry, Andrade and Vickie, to Cody, then Christian and Matt, Taz/Hobbs in a promo, Sting, a Miro segment and ending with Dustin. Only part not touched by WWE was the womens match.

WWE released that group at the perfect time.

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Agree. Not much on the show was very good for their own product. Whole show was loaded with former WWE guys. Then end it with an over-the-hill WWE guy going over a solid 30yo.

PAC, then Henry, Andrade and Vickie, to Cody, then Christian and Matt, Taz/Hobbs in a promo, Sting, a Miro segment and ending with Dustin. Only part not touched by WWE was the womens match.

WWE released that group at the perfect time.

I don’t mind ex WWE talent . There’s a ton of talent in WWE. I just think they have too many old coaches/personalities who are real expensive and don’t add too much imo. 

Show, Henry , Hardy, Vikki, Christian, Sting

Im sure that’s a significant chunk of change to be paying for people who don’t move the needle. You need some , but not all.