Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t lose it to Drew at CATC.

i mean, it's kinda evident they'll have punk screw over Drew.  He brings him up evey segment he's on.  Plus with Gunther getting the slam championship match, it really doesn't make sense to take it off Priest with Punk vs Drew being an easy SS match.  The only way you can swing it is if Drew wins at castle and theres an instant cash in at MITB

Posted (edited)

There is a new developement in the Janel Grant case against Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis and WWE. As far as i understand the sex trafficking investigation by the Southern District of New York is coming to a conclusion, which as far as i heard is more likely bad news for Vince McMahon.

https://x.com/BabyfacevHeel/status/1796235141494489220

https://x.com/BabyfacevHeel/status/1796237674199794134

Edited by Edge

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Sol Ruca gonna be good in 2 years

Yep.  Still needs some work on her promos - the charisma actually comes through in her social media posts, she just needs to translate that to the mic and that's really just reps and identifying with her character.  I just hope, for her sake, she manages to avoid the recurring knee injuries that have plagued the likes of Tegan Nox and Dakota Kai as they moved up the ladder and onto the main roster.

But similar to Rhea, I think the potential is there for Sol at some point to be a transformative heel with both look and in-ring style, assuming that kind of character lends itself to her personality.  Sol's got, dare I say, Lita type ceiling.

On 6/15/2024 at 8:55 PM, bcb1213 said:

Had to.   Eventually they either run out of teams to squash or the crowd turns on both of them

They were in a very odd spot with them as Tag Champs. Bianca has been positioned above them nearly her entire main roster career, and they were trying to use a cheat code to fast track Jade. Regardless of the Tap in the match, that clearly hasn't really worked to this point and it Bianca seemed almost annoyed she was there?

In theory those two should have majorly elevated those titles, didnt really feel like it, nor were they impressive enough in the dominant run they were given that it was going to give a massive run to the team that eventually took them down. Plus they didnt really do enough to set up the split (plus it would feel really fast at this point, unless they would admit defeat and be sending Jade back down to NXT till she's actually ready to make it back up and take on Bianca)

As for the actual match outcome, I think giving them to the Witches is the right call. I would have done the whole program differently, but they are much better suited for these Belts, and I think it sets up the division in a better place. (assuming they steer Bianca/Jade away)

20 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

They way Wade was complaining, I hope he gets involved somehow 

Hes got history with Punk. Seems like they are steering into it, and they obviously should. Adding more wrinkles to these feuds is a step that modern wrestling desperately needs. We've seen A vs B talk at eachother for so long now as nearly the only way they set up feuds, it would be a fresh way to go at this.

I will give Hunter and Creative credit, While we all knew Punk was going to interfere, no one had that as the way to do it. And it got massive heat on Punk in the building. I like Drew alot, but I never understood the "give him his moment" argument. Yes the Pandemic stuff was rough for everyone, but he got it at Mania this year. Then his hubris got the best of him and lost the title. And a potential 6 month program with Punk is way more impactful for him right now than winning the WHC for a like 7 weeks just to drop it at Summer Slam. (although, were starting to get alittle too much honesty in these post show pressers, need some kayfabe)

On 6/15/2024 at 6:55 PM, bcb1213 said:

Had to.   Eventually they either run out of teams to squash or the crowd turns on both of them

Also, they don't seem to want to pull the trigger on Bianca as a heel (yet; they may be reluctant to do it until their confident in Jade to be able to stand on her own in that same ultra-athlete babyface that Bianca has been in since she got the rocket and this is largely a bottom line/ensuring ROI on Jade - who wasn't cheap).  So there's more juice in running them as singles who occasionally tag together and have each other's backs.  And Jade's future is as a singles star so there's only so much development she can get in the hot-tag role of a tag team; something I think we started seeing in Scotland, where they had Jade do more selling than she's really been charged with since she debuted.

33 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Also, they don't seem to want to pull the trigger on Bianca as a heel (yet; they may be reluctant to do it until their confident in Jade to be able to stand on her own in that same ultra-athlete babyface that Bianca has been in since she got the rocket and this is largely a bottom line/ensuring ROI on Jade - who wasn't cheap).  So there's more juice in running them as singles who occasionally tag together and have each other's backs.  And Jade's future is as a singles star so there's only so much development she can get in the hot-tag role of a tag team; something I think we started seeing in Scotland, where they had Jade do more selling than she's really been charged with since she debuted.

i don't think it was the selling as much as the multi woman mayham.  It's easier to understand and think when it's you and one opponent.  It looked like her brain was moving slower than the others who have done it a ton.  The top rope thing was on her, but frankly, she shouldn't be doing that type of stuff anyhow, it's not necessary.  Be the power house