Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

4 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Tanga Loa has to be the worst member of the Bloodline and you can tell by how they have booked them that the WWE agrees.  But I suppose they can't all be good.

Not trying to be the ahole but none of them are good. 

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

Not trying to be the ahole but none of them are good. 

To each their own, everyone has different tastes.  Personally I do think Solo, Jacob, and Tama are good in-ring performers.  Solo also has gotten much better with his character work over the last few months.  

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

To each their own, everyone has different tastes.  Personally I do think Solo, Jacob, and Tama are good in-ring performers.  Solo also has gotten much better with his character work over the last few months.  

Some of them are fine I guess but there is not a chance you'd try to introduce a skeptical person to get into wrestling by watching one of their matches. It would absolutely blow my mind if there was a single person in the history of forever who said I wasn't into wrestling but then I saw a "Bloodline" match and I was hooked. 

On 6/22/2024 at 1:04 AM, wgbeethree said:

Some of them are fine I guess but there is not a chance you'd try to introduce a skeptical person to get into wrestling by watching one of their matches. It would absolutely blow my mind if there was a single person in the history of forever who said I wasn't into wrestling but then I saw a "Bloodline" match and I was hooked. 

Be interesting to see how much of his repertoire they let Jacob use, but I have to wonder how much of Jacob Fatu you've actually seen.  Dude is legitimately the best working Samoan since Eddie/Umaga.  And he's actually slimmed down since I first met him and had the, very limited, opportunity to bounce suggestions off him and Joe Cabbibo (who in himself has a massive understanding of wrestling psychology and was a great mentor and riding buddy for Jacob early in his career).  The brother is capable of, and has worked extraordinarily good matches, with opponents ranging from Swerve Strickland to Low Ki to John Hennigan to Yuji Nagata to luchadors like Blue Demon and Bestia 666, and comfortably got his stuck in while allowing his opponent to shine while still looking strong, without having to just no-sell.

4 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Be interesting to see how much of his repertoire they let Jacob use, but I have to wonder how much of Jacob Fatu you've actually seen.  Dude is legitimately the best working Samoan since Eddie/Umaga. 

Yeah. To be honest I wasn't even aware he debuted in WWE until your response. I'm just really not a fan of the rest of the Bloodline's in ring work at all but I have been impressed by some of the matches I've seen from Jacob Fatu before. If they don't nueter him I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he's the lone brightspot in The Bloodline for my personal tastes.

On 6/24/2024 at 9:08 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

This Wyatt 6 crap is nonsense. I’m sure it’s aimed at kids but it’s just so hokey. I’m suppose to believe Chad gable who is one of the best wrestlers on the roster is afraid of a girl dressing up as a zombie?

Im with you, its just not for me. I rarely like to dive into this because so many get into their feels about him, but the issue that Bray often ran into was when he went too spooky/supernatural. When he was cult leader in NXT and the start of his WWE run and then then Funhouse stuff was always his best. When he was the fiend, and wrestling as him, it never elevated anyone, not even himself

This feels like more of that kind of stuff. Im sure they are pouring all of their efforts into it, but I ask again; Who is benefiting and how so?

If they woiuyld lean more into the 'cult of Bray' then it could work much better. But the Evil Monsters and the blood and spooky and all of that is just so overboard, and as you have to bring those halloween masks into the light (like actually the light of a wrestling ring) they look more and more tacky. 

Alot to start, but do they have any follow through?

Edited by StLunatic88

I have to assume Bloodline 2.0 is supposed to look off a bit.  They are currently minus Roman and minus The Rock.  It should feel like Solo over reaching and at some point is going to get put back in his place.  That has to be the long term payoff.  Solo is no Roman.  The Tonga's are no Uso's.  You either build it to war games and let Roman turn quasi-face and re-unite the Uso's, or you build it to Roman reclaiming what is his.  If Roman is going to continue to be a very part timer, then I think you do the quasi-face turn.  If you are going to have him reclaim the Bloodline, then he's got to be around a little more.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I have to assume Bloodline 2.0 is supposed to look off a bit.  They are currently minus Roman and minus The Rock.  It should feel like Solo over reaching and at some point is going to get put back in his place.  That has to be the long term payoff.  Solo is no Roman.  The Tonga's are no Uso's.  You either build it to war games and let Roman turn quasi-face and re-unite the Uso's, or you build it to Roman reclaiming what is his.  If Roman is going to continue to be a very part timer, then I think you do the quasi-face turn.  If you are going to have him reclaim the Bloodline, then he's got to be around a little more.

To me, the mega face turn for Roman has always been the end game. Him being the ultimate conqueror of Rock seems like where this was always headed. Because as a Part Timer, he can sell way more merch that way. 

Im also always confused by people who complain about this Bloodline 2.0, especially when they specifically complain that its not the same level as before... Well no duh, you take out two of the most popular performers of all time, what do you think is going to happen?