Top 5 AFC/NFC Teams post NFL Draft?

Blackstar12

7 hours ago, Buckweath said:

I guess you guys had it rough for a couple of years because those drafts you are referring to are nothing special. They are merely good if even that because Trubisky was not a good pick when you see Mahomes and Watson.

I mean Trubisky to me is Ryan Tannehill but slightly better. I'd like to see what you see in him but I'm afraid it's just you being a homer. I'm a fan of Matt Nagy though.

2 all pros in the 4th round isnt special?  Rookie WR leading the team in TDs, rookie OG who played at an EXTREMELY high level, rookie LB who put up Urlacher like stats, and rookie 6th round DT, who even though Fangio hates to start rookies, forced his way into the starting lineup of the best defense in the NFL.  None of that is special.  Sure pal.  

On 5/5/2019 at 10:20 AM, game3525 said:

The Steelers were 9th in DVOA and 6th SRS. They were a little bit better then their record suggested. I expect them to go 10-6, which should be enough to win the division. They had some unlucky breaks last year and usually that evens out the following year. 

The most interesting question about the conference is who finishes second and how many wins they get? I don't see anyone other then the Pats winning 12+ games this year. This could be the year like the NFC in 2006, when a 10-6 team has a bye week. 

I don't see 10-6 ever getting a bye week again. The main reason that happened in 2006 was because the AFC went 40-24 against the NFC that year. 2004-2006 was ridiculous in terms how much better the AFC was. (AFC went 118-74 against the NFC during that stretch)

I see the Pats winning 12-13 games with their schedule. I think the Colts and Chargers/Chiefs go around 11-5, and whoever wins of those tiebreakers will likely get the 2-seed.

Edited by Bolts223

On 5/1/2019 at 12:52 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

My man. I knew I always liked you @TheVillain112. I wouldn’t count on Simmons much this season. Only way I see him playing is down the stretch in maybe December or if we make the playoffs. I think it’ll come down to Mariota staying healthy. Although Tannehill really isn’t much of a drop off if any. The defense will be good again even with an inconsistent pass-rush and I’m expecting Henry to pick up where he left off. Since Robinson has taken over, he has stacked this team with talent. Only thing missing is the thing he hasn’t drafted yet and that’s a QB. Still waiting around Mariota.

The Titans are such a weird team to figure out. They were easily the most bipolar team in the league last season. I really like what they've done this offseason, but I still don't have much faith in Mariota. They're a team who I could see finishing anywhere from first in their division to third and missing out on the playoffs.

Cleveland vs. Tennessee seems like one of the most interesting week one matchups, but I'm also a bit biased, haha.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:02 AM, El ramster said:

I am terrified if the bears make a leap. Im

hoping they regress and just fall apart.. But if that defense stays the same! They’ll be a problem for my rams. 

It really depends on Trubisky. I am not a believer in him.

On 2019-05-12 at 1:40 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

AFC

1. Patriots
  2. Chargers
  3. Chiefs (assuming no Hill, otherwise they are easily 2, maybe 1)
  4. Colts
  5. Browns

NFC

1. Rams
  2. Packers
  3. Bears
  4. Saints
  5. Eagles

Another one putting the Chargers over the Chiefs. Another time I'm rolling my eyes.

The Chiefs are about to field an absolute powerhouse. Their offense will again be vastly superior to the Chargers and their defense wont be far off the Chargers'. 

You live to see. 

I'll always respect someone putting the Pats no. 1 though, for obvious reasons.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:02 PM, El ramster said:

I am terrified if the bears make a leap. Im

hoping they regress and just fall apart.. But if that defense stays the same! They’ll be a problem for my rams. 

Your Rams even winning the division this year???

The Chiefs are about to field an absolute powerhouse. Their offense will again be vastly superior to the Chargers and their defense wont be far off the Chargers'. 

You are such a homer.

KC's defense is going to be no where near as good as the Chargers. LAC may finish top 3-5, while KC will be lucky to finish in the 15-17 range. As for offense, KC is better, but the gap the is a lot smaller then you think. 

20 minutes ago, game3525 said:

You are such a homer.

KC's defense is going to be no where near as good as the Chargers. LAC may finish top 3-5, while KC will be lucky to finish in the 15-17 range. As for offense, KC is better, but the gap the is a lot smaller then you think. 

I sure am taking my screenshots these days.

Once the Chiefs have traded for a CB, which will happen soon, the only notable difference between both defenses will be the LB corps and it is not like the Chargers' LB group is special.

Just in case you didnt know, in terms of PPG, which is the best stat to compare offenses, the difference between the Chiefs offense and the Chargers' last year was the same as the Chargers' compared to a bottom 5 offense. The Chiefs' offense will indeed be vastly superior to the Chargers' again, maybe not by as much as last year but yeah.

Edited by Buckweath

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

I sure am taking my screenshots these days.

Once the Chiefs have traded for a CB, which will happen soon, the only notable difference between both defenses will be the LB corps and it is not like the Chargers' LB group is special.

Just in case you didnt know, in terms of PPG, which is the best stat to compare offenses, the difference between the Chiefs offense and the Chargers' last year was the same as the Chargers' compared to a bottom 5 offense. The Chiefs' offense will indeed be vastly superior to the Chargers' again, maybe not by as much as last year but yeah.

Lmao.

The Chiefs may only have two guys who could actually start on our defense (Clark and Jones), it isn't close at all.

In terms of offense, KC was first in offensive DVOA, the Chargers were third. The Chiefs are clearly better, but the gap between them on offense is far smaller then the gap between the two teams on defense (The Chargers were 8th in defensive DVOA and it was a down year for the unit, while KC was 26th)

I'll do 6 as well.

NFC:

Rams

Cowboys

Vikings

Falcons

Eagles

Packers

AFC:

Patriots

Chargers

Colts

Steelers

Browns

Jaguars

Bears - I'm sure Bears fans won't agree, but I just expect them to take a small step back. I don't think their offense is going to be very good and it will be very difficult for their defense to play that well again. I still think they may win around 10 games, but the Vikings are the most talented team in that division and the Packers have Rodgers. Either way, I think it'll be a three team race down to the wire.

Saints - the offensive regression was real last year down the stretch, and I've never really trusted that defense - like Chicago, I think they win around 10 games, but the NFC is too deep and the Falcons will be getting back what seems like their entire roster from injury and I like attacking that OL in the draft.