Sheldon Richardson traded to Seahawks

Forge

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

So much for league parity.  The Browns, Bills and jets trading off players to top Super Bowl contenders.  Rich getting richer, poor getting poorer, and the middle class drifting back closer and closer to the poor end of things.

Browns send Erving to the Chiefs.  Jets send Richardson to the Seahawks.  The 49ers send McDonald to the Steelers.  The Bills send Ragland to the Chiefs.

In free agency, Brooks leaves SF to join Green Bay and  the Browns let go of Haden, who joins the Steelers.  

Tanking is real.  

In the 80's New Zealand Prime Minister Piggy Muldon spoke on the topic of New Zealanders migrating to Australia, he said it raised the IQ's of both countries. In this instance as we lose Erving so we get stronger, and the Cheifs get weaker. Why? Erving sucks, we got better by subtraction. Next year we will have a 5th and we can spend more money next off season, I could see us purchasing another G or C or a defensive back or WR. 

Extremely excited about this trade.  Getting rid of Jermaine Kearse is unfortunate, but I made a post in the Seahawks section earlier this off-season about the crazy depth the team has at the receiver position.  Hopefully all works out well for Kearse.

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

So much for league parity.  The Browns, Bills and jets trading off players to top Super Bowl contenders.  Rich getting richer, poor getting poorer, and the middle class drifting back closer and closer to the poor end of things.

Browns send Erving to the Chiefs.  Jets send Richardson to the Seahawks.  The 49ers send McDonald to the Steelers.  The Bills send Ragland to the Chiefs.

In free agency, Brooks leaves SF to join Green Bay and  the Browns let go of Haden, who joins the Steelers.  

Tanking is real.  

Trading Cam Erving isn't a tanking move..:

12 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Trading Cam Erving isn't a tanking move..:

You are right.  But I find it odd that when you open the news thread, the top teams are gaining players while the other end is getting cap space, rid of salaries to free space, whatever.  But the disparity between top and bottom teams is definitely widening.

Good player. He should give them a bump. Perfect place for him as they have a bunch of established alpha-dog guys to keep him in place. Hope gets a second life there and steers things in  the right direction. The New York Jets are a terrible place for a player like Richardson. I hate when players like him get drafted early to rudderless organizations. 

12 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Tanking is real.  

Browns arent tanking.   They just realize they are rebuilding, which is why I like what they are doing.   They clearly arent rushing the process, and long term, they will (or at least SHOULD) be better off for it.

Haden was definitely overpaid in Cleveland and even if he turned it around, he wasnt going to be part of the new wave.    Cam Erving was garbage.

The Bills on the other hand MIGHT be tanking.     They werent terrible and had some nice pieces, but the new regime seems like they dont even want to try with the players from the old regime.        

The Jets....I guess it could be argued, but they were going to be a bottom 3 team with or without Richardson.   

Archived