The Batman

Acgott

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im kinda lost how some of you arent excited about this Batman movie. Are you guys just dead inside?

I'm pumped.  Old school villains with a new iteration.  I can finally wash the Jim Carrey Riddler teaste out of my mouth (favorite villain when I used to read comics a lot in the 80s).

The Joker the next one, and a bunch of newer characters moving forward.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I'm pumped.  Old school villains with a new iteration.  I can finally wash the Jim Carrey Riddler teaste out of my mouth (favorite villain when I used to read comics a lot in the 80s).

The Joker the next one, and a bunch of newer characters moving forward.

We have two very definitive live action Jokers. Nothing Leto did ruined that for me. They can let Joker lie for awhile and I'd be happy. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

We have two very definitive live action Jokers. Nothing Leto did ruined that for me. They can let Joker lie for awhile and I'd be happy. 

I'm fine with that.  I have read stuff saying the Joker will be hinted at but not really a thing until the sequel.  I loved Leto's Joker, I really liked Jack Nicholson's.  

On 2/23/2022 at 11:43 AM, StLunatic88 said:

Im kinda lost how some of you arent excited about this Batman movie. Are you guys just dead inside?

Gotta be like me and haven't seen a DC movie since the Dark Knight films.. this one I'm actually looking forward to.

Edited by adamq

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I'm fine with that.  I have read stuff saying the Joker will be hinted at but not really a thing until the sequel.  I loved Leto's Joker, I really liked Jack Nicholson's.  

Has anyone watched Gotham? I admit it's cheesy AF at times but once Fish Mooney is finally gone that show is fantastic. Best versions of multiple villains that I've seen, specifically Riddler and Penguin

22 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I'm apprehensive more than "not excited". I was excited for BvS too afterall. 

I'm going opening weekend, still. But like others have said, WB and DC have ruined a lot of these movies. 

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Has anyone watched Gotham? I admit it's cheesy AF at times but once Fish Mooney is finally gone that show is fantastic. Best versions of multiple villains that I've seen, specifically Riddler and Penguin

That show was my secret guilty pleasure.  Very campy, but a nostalgic throwback with some tweaking for sure.  I might rewatch on Netflix

• Like 1

I have a feeling this is going to be the best batman film by far. Pattinson is a great actor and he fits the character more than christian bale (bale gave it his all but his bruce felt off).
As others have mentioned my prime concern is catwoman, hope its not a needlesly tacked on subplot that takes forever.

Edited by ifeelasleep
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, adamq said:

Was a fun show, those two were great

Gotham was solid, but I agree with @Deadpulse....the show had an identity crisis between being a gritty crime drama or a show about a young Batman, and the latter IMO didnt work out so great.    

I honestly wish the show had just stuck to the gritty crime drama that focused on Jim Gordon, showed the struggle of him trying to do whats right in such a corrupt city, and the rise of certain villains over the course of the show.    I wish they barely ever showed Bruce Wayne.    Jokers origins got overexposed and convoluted.   

Most of the actors did a good to great job portraying their characters.   It was the wrting and planning that needed work.

TV shows need to get away from the 20+ episode seasons.  Its outdated and honestly was never really a great idea.  This is one of many shows that wouldve benefited greatly from a 10 or 12 episode season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

I have a feeling this is going to be the best batman film by far. Pattinson is a great actor and he fits the character more than christian bale (bale gave it his all but his bruce felt off).
As others have mentioned my prime concern is catwoman, hope its not a needlesly tacked on subplot that takes forever.

I thought Bale’s Bruce was fine. It’s his stupid Batman voice that I had issues with. Batfleck’s voice modifier was actually good in that context.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1