2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Lol, I never heard of CP but Fort Lauderdale is my spot.  I use to have 5-10 doctors in that city alone.  I’d love to move down their permanently once off paper.  I’d go down there for a week at a time, 1-2x a month back in the day.  Really good times I adore that place.  Ugh i miss it!

That’s a lot of doctors. 

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s what I was getting at when asking the merits of drafting Ruggs.  I just don’t see a guy whose gonna get 85-100 catch, 13-15yds per Rec.  I see a 50-60 catch, 15-16yds per.  I don’t want a decoy and complementary WR.  I want a Alpha-go to, high target guy.  If it’s 3rd and 8, down 6 in 4th quarter I want Lamb as my target not Ruggs.  
And does anyone really see Carr and Gruden bombing it deal if we had Ruggs? I don’t.

Ruggs got most of his looks on underneath routes at Alabama though sir. 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I remember someone on Twitter saying what comes after AB? CeeDee. I'd be happy with Ruggs or Lamb at #12, not a huge fan of Jeudy but would also be happy with him being the pick as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s what I was getting at when asking the merits of drafting Ruggs.  I just don’t see a guy whose gonna get 85-100 catch, 13-15yds per Rec.  I see a 50-60 catch, 15-16yds per.  I don’t want a decoy and complementary WR.  I want a Alpha-go to, high target guy.  If it’s 3rd and 8, down 6 in 4th quarter I want Lamb as my target not Ruggs.  
And does anyone really see Carr and Gruden bombing it deal if we had Ruggs? I don’t.

That's on you for thinking he's just a speed guy.

• Like 1

* Trade #19 to Green Bay for #30 & #62 * 

12  - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

30 - AJ Terrell | CB | Clemson

62 - Julian Okwara | Edge | Notre Dame

80 - Malik Harrison | LB | Ohio State

81 - Jalen Hurts | QB | Oklahoma 

91 - AJ Dillon | RB | Boston College

121 - Antonio Gibson | WR/RB | Memphis

159 - Davion Taylor | LB | Colorado 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

That’s a lot of doctors. 

It’s Florida,,, that’s nothing lol. I wasn’t gonna fly to Florida for just one when there’s more pain clinics then McDonald’s and they all played ball back then.

theyd all give 240 perc 30s, 240 perc 15s, and 120 Xanax bars.  If anyone ever  took the Rx daily amount they’d be dead in 10mins.  Man every 6 months I have to take a 15 to pop for the drug screens and man I was messed up beyond belief the whole Plane ride... then Idk how the car rental people gave me keys to a nice car.... and It’d be like that all night into the next morning.... idk how people like Walker function on that.

Edited by jimkelly02

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

* Trade #19 to Green Bay for #30 & #62 * 

12  - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

30 - AJ Terrell | CB | Clemson

62 - Julian Okwara | Edge | Notre Dame

80 - Malik Harrison | LB | Ohio State

81 - Jalen Hurts | QB | Oklahoma 

91 - AJ Dillon | RB | Boston College

121 - Antonio Gibson | WR/RB | Memphis

159 - Davion Taylor | LB | Colorado 

Best. Mock. Ever!

no one talks about JO but he brings an element of pure speed with agility that we haven’t had in a long time.

hed prolly be able to be a SAM on early downs if he’s not given much coverage responsibility.  

only thing I don’t LOVE is Jalen Hurts... how many QBs do we need? What does he do that MM doesn’t?  I don’t see a franchise QB, maybe a stop gap starter but that’s it.  

29 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s Florida,,, that’s nothing lol. I wasn’t gonna fly to Florida for just one when there’s more pain clinics then McDonald’s and they all played ball back then.

theyd all give 240 perc 30s, 240 perc 15s, and 120 Xanax bars.  If anyone ever  took the Rx daily amount they’d be dead in 10mins.  Man every 6 months I have to take a 15 to pop for the drug screens and man I was messed up beyond belief the whole Plane ride... then Idk how the car rental people gave me keys to a nice car.... and It’d be like that all night into the next morning.... idk how people like Walker function on that.

One of my friend's had a Dr in LA and would come down to visit. One time they kicked him off the plane because of the combo making him 'out of it' I took him to eat and the door guy was worried about him but we knew each other and I told him it was a 'bad combo' Basically face plant into his food. LOL Football carried him back to the apartment to sleep it off and he flew the next day. I had a lot of people I knew in LA with heavy scripts. I trade in the biotechs that got beaten down with the lawsuits from those days...TEVA, ENDP and MNK. Had a tiny one rocketed overnight  for a treatment for those addicted. The friend who was kicked off the plane informed me of the potential of treatment for addiction to those pills. It's HUGE as you very well know. Especially in the NFL, just ask Brett Favre.

With the signing of Randall this takes S out of the 1st for me. I'd take one slipping in 2nd/3rd and really want to trade back with 19 but that's no man's land. LOL

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, G said:

One of my friend's had a Dr in LA and would come down to visit. One time they kicked him off the plane because of the combo making him 'out of it' I took him to eat and the door guy was worried about him but we knew each other and I told him it was a 'bad combo' Basically face plant into his food. LOL Football carried him back to the apartment to sleep it off and he flew the next day. I had a lot of people I knew in LA with heavy scripts. I trade in the biotechs that got beaten down with the lawsuits from those days...TEVA, ENDP and MNK. Had a tiny one rocketed overnight  for a treatment for those addicted. The friend who was kicked off the plane informed me of the potential of treatment for addiction to those pills. It's HUGE as you very well know. Especially in the NFL, just ask Brett Favre.

With the signing of Randall this takes S out of the 1st for me. I'd take one slipping in 2nd/3rd and really want to trade back with 19 but that's no man's land. LOL

I hope you make money and all but F all those drug companies.  Their all dirty.  I remember when Ethex (KV’s subsidiary) was making oxy 30’s but making Them 40mgs so all the clinics (use to sell you the pills they prescribed.. wtf looking back on it) would buy their brand only... think Heroin dealers spiking the package, dropping a few bodies so everyone wants that stamp... they went down for it in like 2007-8, maybe? Idk exactly.  How does a billion dollar pharmaceutical company do something like that? Punishment: small fine, stop production, then relabel the company and start up again.   And don’t get me started on those Doctors!

back to football.... yeah I don’t think we go S unless someone good falls to us in round 3.

• Like 1

I was wheeling and dealing in the simulator.  Let me know what you think.

team logo
LV 14.
CeeDee Lamb
WR Oklahoma
trade icon
LV 43.
Damon Arnette
CB Ohio State
trade icon
LV 59.
Neville Gallimore
DT Oklahoma
trade icon
LV 64.
Jalen Hurts
QB Oklahoma
trade icon
LV 76.
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
RB LSU
trade icon
LV 80.
Willie Gay Jr.
OLB Mississippi State

LV 81.
Ashtyn Davis
S Cal

LV 159.
Anfernee Jennings
DE Alabama

Trade value chart says I won the trades by a combined 97 points or the 101st pick.  Only player I missed out on was ILB Shaun Bradley but settled for Jennings.  Dantzler, Igbinoghene, and Johnson were all on the board when I selected Arnette so you can pick your poison.  I like Arnette and Igbi the most but Arnette is the most ready and we might need someone right away opposite Mullen.

Hope we gets Hurts at 80. 40-45% shot he lasts that long imo. Just need a little luck from the football gods.

Toughest QB in this draft, both physically and mentally. Great dude, too. 

I think he has the ability to become a Franchise QB the more I watch him. Are the odds against that happening? Yes. He’s going in the Late 2nd-Late 3rd Range for a reason. However, worst case scenario is you get a great gadget QB like Taysom Hill and Top-Tier backup for the 2021-2023 seasons. Best case scenario, although not likely to happen, is he becomes a Franchise QB. Definitely worth Pick 80. 

Edited by BayRaider

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hope we gets Hurts at 80. 40-45% shot he lasts that long imo. Just need a little luck from the football gods.

Toughest QB in this draft, both physically and mentally. Great dude, too. 

I think he has the ability to become a Franchise QB the more I watch him. Are the odds against that happening? Yes. He’s going in the Late 2nd-Late 3rd Range for a reason. However, worst case scenario is you get a great gadget QB like Taysom Hill and Top-Tier backup for the 2021-2023 seasons. Best case scenario, although not likely to happen, is he becomes a Franchise QB. Definitely worth Pick 80. 

Wouldn't be surprised if SEA takes a flier on him with one of their 2 picks at the end of round 2.