2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

At this point, getting 2 out of Isaiah Simmons, Trevon Diggs and Derrick Brown in the 1st would have me thrilled. Obviously, i'm good with Chase Young too but that's not happening.

That would mean no WR in the 1st though.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

At this point, getting 2 out of Isaiah Simmons, Trevon Diggs and Derrick Brown in the 1st would have me thrilled. Obviously, i'm good with Chase Young too but that's not happening.

That would mean no WR in the 1st though.

Honestly, we are scoring points.  Do we need another WR?  Maybe see about adding another guy in FA WR2/3 tier.  Defense needs a big infusion of young talent.  Add water, let them grow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Totty said:

Honestly, we are scoring points.  Do we need another WR?  Maybe see about adding another guy in FA WR2/3 tier.  Defense needs a big infusion of young talent.  Add water, let them grow.

Personally, I would love another WR, but think I like this approach better honestly. Yetur is my guy though. If we can draft Simmons and Yetur I would love that. I would sign Robbie Anderson to a similar contract Tyrell got. Tyrell, Robbie, Jones, Renefrow, Davis with Waller, Moreau and Carrier and Ingold and Jacobs. Behind that OL, that offense would be humming

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Personally, I would love another WR, but think I like this approach better honestly. Yetur is my guy though. If we can draft Simmons and Yetur I would love that. I would sign Robbie Anderson to a similar contract Tyrell got. Tyrell, Robbie, Jones, Renefrow, Davis with Waller, Moreau and Carrier and Ingold and Jacobs. Behind that OL, that offense would be humming

This is correct.  We don't NEED anything offensively to score.  If you wanted to add a true #1 WR to take the lid off this offense, I am fine with it, but not entirely necessary.  My feeling is that 75-85% of our off season should be dedicated to fixing our defense.  If our D could rank in the top 15 of the league, we are a playoff team.  

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Finish the offense. WR, backup RB, and IOL. That's all we need. That's one 1st rounder and either 2 free agents or 2 late rounders.

Everything else goes into the defense. 1st, 3 3rd's, and a boat load of cap space.

A backup RB is key and you should be adding dept to the o-line every year.  Just the nature of the position.  I would be fine with a backup QB and WR also but neither are necessarily top needs.  A third or roughly $10 million on a WR should net us what this offense needs.  Everything else is D. 

DE: Young, Espenesa, or Yetur 

DT: Brown

ILB: Murray, Simmons, or Moses (3rd)

WR: See who drops in this class.  Like last year the #3 WR from Alabama (Ole Miss last year) might be worth a look if he is there in the 3rd.  

Wow I thought I posted this weeks ago but it just popped up when I tried to comment. No wonder I couldn't find it in old posts. LOL

"I don't watch college ball but this is how I rate the underclassmen looking at size/stats/online rep fitting into our system... So PLEASE correct me.

Also not into light WR's so Smith is low and I wouldn't have touched Hollywood Brown in the 1st because of it. No Seniors looked at because of the underclass talent. Would take a Senior WR in the 3rd (double dip) and Pittman Jr. would be my target if there. 

1) Jerry Jeudy, Alabama  6'1 192lbs

2) CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma 6'2 191lbs

3) Tee Higgins, Clemson  6'4 215lbs

4) Henry Ruggs, Alabama 6'0 190lbs

5) Laviska Shenault, Colorado 6'2 220lbs

6) Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State 6'0 185lbs

7) Justin Jefferson, LSU 6'3 192lbs

8) DeVonta Smith, Alabama 6'1 175lbs

So get a pass rusher vet in FA and draft a top 5 WR in the draft. Would also like to draft a DE if the FA isn't a long term solution. Depending how the draft fell, I might get the WR with the 2nd 1st round pick. Especially if there's an early run on the WR's and DE's slide." Now with that said, I'd be cool with Defense with both first rounders. We have 3 thirds and I'd be willing to package one with our 4th to get to the end of the 2nd round if a WR slips like DK Metcalf did. I'd be tempted to move up higher in the 2nd with two 3rds, but honestly even if we got Simmions we'd still need another LB. WR Pittman would probably slip to our 3rd. Also some IOL would be nice. So many possibilities so probably no trading up but...=P-------

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

If the Raiders could create a player to play LB it would be in the mold of Isaiah Simmons.

More like Te'o's girlfriend. Our ability to avoid addressing LB is on par with the Browns getting a HC with a winning record after 2 seasons. 

I believe they are going to target KoJo to resign for cheaper then his 5th year option was worth. I never bought the idea that Abram was drafted to replace Abram. I also think they resign; Lawson, Good, Mayowa, Incognito, Devey, Doss, Davis, Sieg, Carlson, and Morrow from our current FA class. 

Bradley Roby, Robby Anderson and Leonard Williams will look great in Silver and Black in Las Vegas next year and would headline my targets for who I currently think will become Free Agents. Might look at Danny Trevathan or Kyle Van Noy as interesting targets as well as Ronald Darby or Chris Harris if not Roby. If we decide to move on from Incognito I would be interested in Brandon Scherff to replace him, ESPECIALLY if Jay and/or Bill join the staff.

Isaiah Simmons and Yetur Gross-Matos will round out the defense in the first round.

Find CB, RB, OT depth with our 3rds. 

Edited by OG_C2X

17 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I believe they are going to target KoJo to resign for cheaper then his 5th year option was worth. I never bought the idea that Abram was drafted to replace Abram. I also think they resign; Lawson, Good, Mayowa, Incognito, Devey, Doss, Davis, Sieg, Carlson, and Morrow from our current FA class. 

Bradley Roby, Robby Anderson and Leonard Williams will look great in Silver and Black in Las Vegas next year and would headline my targets for who I currently think will become Free Agents. Might look at Danny Trevathan or Kyle Van Noy as interesting targets as well as Ronald Darby or Chris Harris if not Roby. If we decide to move on from Incognito I would be interested in Brandon Scherff to replace him, ESPECIALLY if Jay and/or Bill join the staff.

Isaiah Simmons and Yetur Gross-Matos will round out the defense in the first round.

Find CB, RB, OT depth with our 3rds. 

I agree with this whole-heartedly.  Depth can be found in many ways.  No need to over spend.  No need to over draft.  Draft D.  I am not even opposed to the idea of drafting a WR in the first if it completes what Gruden wants to do on offense. I just don't see is as a big of need as D.   Matos/Epenesa and Simmons makes my eyes water honestly.  

31 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Scherff would cost way to much in my opinion. Unless we plan on moving from gabe. Scherff is going into fa looking to be highest paid guard ever. 

This is a statement that very much confuses me. Why do we need to move on from Gabe in order to pay Scherff? We had Osemele and Jackson. Putting money into your OL is probably the SMARTEST place to put money. If i could have the highest paid LT, LG, C, RG, and RT in the league and it translated to having 5 all pros in front of Carr. I would do that in heart beat. 

• Like 1