2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

if I have any problem at all with oc`s mock it would be okudah falling that far, maybe , maybe not. but landing brown wouldn't upset me one bit. don't know if id want Higgins or ruggs at 19, best case we trade down ,standing pat id rather have murray. IMO. problem is if you do that you`re either trading back into the 2nd or hoping the right rec is there in the 3rd. if we could sign sanders in fa.....to be continued.

30 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Saw a tweet probably about a month ago that the media is much higher on him then a lot of teams. Guess we’ll see. 

If we could land Higgins anytime after the first it would be a ridiculous steal. 

The 40 is good, the rest isnt, but he's still a guy I think has the potential to be a go to wideout at the NFL level. If teams overthink it, it's entirely possible he tumbles to the second or third, but we should jump. Even if we have taken a WR at 12 or 19. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

If we could land Higgins anytime after the first it would be a ridiculous steal. 

The 40 is good, the rest isnt, but he's still a guy I think has the potential to be a go to wideout at the NFL level. If teams overthink it, it's entirely possible he tumbles to the second or third, but we should jump. Even if we have taken a WR at 12 or 19. 

Sometimes, you have to trust the numbers. See Laquan Treadwell. I like Higgins, but it's a risk/reward selection.

• Like 2

From Vic

Speaking of the draft, there is growing buzz that the Raiders might draft a quarterback with their second first-round pick at No. 19. Utah State’s Jordan Love is a possibility if the consensus fourth-best QB falls to No. 19, or the team could trade down from 19 and grab Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts, whom the team is very high on. 

Either would come in behind Derek Carr, assuming he is still the quarterback after the free-agency period. 

• Like 2

I'd like hurts but I'm not sure if I would want to spend a first on him. Would prefer it if we traded into the second but that involves some moving parts. His stock is on the rise too. I guess it all depends on how we address free agency. Is anyone other than Vic Tafur and Chris Simms expecting a free agency window delay?

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

From Vic

Speaking of the draft, there is growing buzz that the Raiders might draft a quarterback with their second first-round pick at No. 19. Utah State’s Jordan Love is a possibility if the consensus fourth-best QB falls to No. 19, or the team could trade down from 19 and grab Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts, whom the team is very high on. 

Either would come in behind Derek Carr, assuming he is still the quarterback after the free-agency period. 

Neither QB could start right away. And Carr would cry his way out of town just to screw us.... Would need to get either Brady or Teddy. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the lesser of the two evils would be to trade down from #19 and get extra picks. I don't like Hurts but I trust Mayock. Especially with extra picks. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t want Hurts before the Late 2nd, possibly a trade up with our 3rds. 

I’m almost certain Love wouldn’t be there at 19. If they did indeed want him, Pick 12 would be the pick. And even then, I think there’s a 50% he’ll be gone.