2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I can't figure out who I prefer as a fit next to Abram, Ashtyn Davis or Antoine Winefield Jr. 

I really like both prospects. Going to go back and rewatch some games this weekend.

Can't go wrong with either. Just don't draft them at 19

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I love him, he’d help so much against the Chiefs. Also, him and Abram would be such a dominant duo. A few don’t like him, BP and Jim, but can’t please everyone. That’d be literally impossible. Nothing against them.

He is not a fit in Guenther's system. S is interchangeable in his defense. They have to be able come into the box, cover and offer run support. 

I like Delpit, in round 2. 19 is a complete reach.

27 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Delpit is a much better tackler than Henderson. Henderson doesn't have the aggression or desire.

Henderson won't play in Vegas either for this exact reason. Grudens/Mayock's Raiders are physical and can tackle. Hence why Gruden sent Obi's soft *** straight out of town when he arrived.

You don't draft 2 absolute DOGS in Abram and Mullen, then switch course and draft guys like Delpit or Henderson who are the polar opposites. Just my opinion, but doesn't seem to follow the Raider MO.

• Like 2

I did a mock of my own, what I would do personally: Based on how the TDN board fell

12: Ceedee Lamb 

Not much to say here

19: Grant Delpit

Gives us the rangy FS playmaker to take away deep threats and create big plays. Delpit forces a lot more fumbles than people realize too. He will bring an attitude and swagger with Abram on the back end.

80: Darnay Holmes

Just missed on Troy Pride here. Very scrappy DB who can play inside or outside. Has shown the ability to play off, zone, and press.

81:Amik Robertson

Hear me out. Yes Holmes and Robinson aren't big. But Robertson can make a living off his instincts and tackling ability. He will find his way onto the field sooner rather than later. Both Robertson and Holmes offer a different "flavor" of corner than Mullen, Apple, Nixon, and Isaiah Johnson, who are all a bit longer. These guys have twitch and closing burst. I can see Robertson eventually transitioning to safety/ a versatile dime back who can play all over.

91: Michael Pittman Jr.

I agonized over Claypool and Pittman. Pittman is a more natural WR prospect and he has savvy, like many of these guys. He will find his way onto the field. Will be an immediate RZ asset for potential for more over time.

121: Logan Wilson

Athletic, smart LB who can come in and learn. He won't start right away, but has no physical limitations to eventually become a good 3 down LB. It may take a year or so, but he's not going to be counted on right away.

159: Lamical Perine

Perine is underrated IMO. I don't hear talk of him, but he's a smart underrated player in the SEC who picks up tough yards, can catch the football, and will be a valuable, cheap backup on a rookie deal. The most value I could get here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He is not a fit in Guenther's system. S is interchangeable in his defense. They have to be able come into the box, cover and offer run support. 

I like Delpit, in round 2. 19 is a complete reach.

What about Marinelli's system?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Henderson won't play in Vegas either for this exact reason. Grudens/Mayock's Raiders are physical and can tackle. Hence why Gruden sent Obi's soft *** straight out of town when he arrived.

You don't draft 2 absolute DOGS in Abram and Mullen, then switch course and draft guys like Delpit or Henderson who are the polar opposites. Just my opinion, but doesn't seem to follow the Raider MO.

I'll mildly disagree here. I agree Henderson is a beta. I want to give Delpit a mulligan because of his injury. I've seen him chase down plays from behind in 2018 where he seemingly has no chance and sprints it out anyways. I've seen him be a physical player, unlike Henderson. He also came from a pretty rough background growing up. I think he's going to come in and be an impact player.

That being said, you're right that he's not a clean character or prospect. Which is why I don't think Mayock will take him unless they did extensive hw at the combine. But I personally feel like in the right place, he'll be a resounding success. And he has a rare skillset.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'll mildly disagree here. I agree Henderson is a beta. I want to give Delpit a mulligan because of his injury. I've seen him chase down plays from behind in 2018 where he seemingly has no chance and sprints it out anyways. I've seen him be a physical player, unlike Henderson. He also came from a pretty rough background growing up. I think he's going to come in and be an impact player.

That being said, you're right that he's not a clean character or prospect. Which is why I don't think Mayock will take him unless they did extensive hw at the combine. But I personally feel like in the right place, he'll be a resounding success. And he has a rare skillset.

He had tackling issues in 2018. An ankle injury doesn't effect your ability to wrap and make form tackle. I like Delpit, in round 2. 19 is too high for a S who has no elite traits and tackling issues. Agree to disagree... I don't think he has a "rare" skillset. There is no Adams, Derwin, Harrison to his game. I think he's a good, but overhyped prospect. After 2017, people started praising him as the next big thing and he never lived up to it. That hype is still resonating with fans who think they can get a "steal" now with him. But his game doesn't add up.

Never forget, he got planted by Georgia's kicker lol. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

He had tackling issues in 2018. An ankle injury doesn't effect your ability to wrap and make form tackle. I like Delpit, in round 2. 19 is too high for a S who has no elite traits and tackling issues. Agree to disagree... I don't think he has a "rare" skillset. There is no Adams, Derwin, Harrison to his game. I think he's a good, but overhyped prospect. After 2017, people started praising him as the next big thing and he never lived up to it. That hype is still resonating with fans who think they can get a "steal" now with him. But his game doesn't add up.

Never forget, he got planted by Georgia's kicker lol. 

His size, ball skills, range combo is "rare" IMO. Maybe not Adams/James rare (I agree there), but definitely not a skillset that I see in any other safety in THIS class.

That play was absolutely awful, but he still held onto the guy. So technically a success? :)

If he stays healthy, he’ll have a better career than Burrow in my opinion. Has all the tools, smarts, and accuracy to be a Top 5 QB in this league. 

Would be a great year to be picking Top 5. He would absolutely be the pick. 

Edited by BayRaider

27 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I did a mock of my own, what I would do personally: Based on how the TDN board fell

12: Ceedee Lamb 

Not much to say here

19: Grant Delpit

Gives us the rangy FS playmaker to take away deep threats and create big plays. Delpit forces a lot more fumbles than people realize too. He will bring an attitude and swagger with Abram on the back end.

80: Darnay Holmes

Just missed on Troy Pride here. Very scrappy DB who can play inside or outside. Has shown the ability to play off, zone, and press.

81:Amik Robertson

Hear me out. Yes Holmes and Robinson aren't big. But Robertson can make a living off his instincts and tackling ability. He will find his way onto the field sooner rather than later. Both Robertson and Holmes offer a different "flavor" of corner than Mullen, Apple, Nixon, and Isaiah Johnson, who are all a bit longer. These guys have twitch and closing burst. I can see Robertson eventually transitioning to safety/ a versatile dime back who can play all over.

91: Michael Pittman Jr.

I agonized over Claypool and Pittman. Pittman is a more natural WR prospect and he has savvy, like many of these guys. He will find his way onto the field. Will be an immediate RZ asset for potential for more over time.

121: Logan Wilson

Athletic, smart LB who can come in and learn. He won't start right away, but has no physical limitations to eventually become a good 3 down LB. It may take a year or so, but he's not going to be counted on right away.

159: Lamical Perine

Perine is underrated IMO. I don't hear talk of him, but he's a smart underrated player in the SEC who picks up tough yards, can catch the football, and will be a valuable, cheap backup on a rookie deal. The most value I could get here.

I like this, nice explanations of the picks too. Not a huge fan of Delpit at 19 but as has been said above theres a hollow in the talent at that point and guys are either flawed or seem like reaches.

Particularly love Lamb, Pittman and Wilson. Have to look into Robertson as I haven't seen enough of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Delpit is a much better tackler than Henderson. Henderson doesn't have the aggression or desire.

He better be. Tackling is more important for a S than CB.

Anyway, i think you guys are right, Henderson isn't someone the Raiders will be interested in.

• Like 1

This has us taking Fulton at 19. Every two weeks I give Fulton another chance and end up turning off his tape 15 minutes in. Hard pass. 

With that said, Jaylon Johnson goes 22 in this Mock. A perfect fit for our defense and a true Gruden Grinder. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This has us taking Fulton at 19. Every two weeks I give Fulton another chance and end up turning off his tape 15 minutes in. Hard pass. 

With that said, Jaylon Johnson goes 22 in this Mock. A perfect fit for our defense and a true Gruden Grinder. 

Johnson is also an A+ person. He doesn't hold at all. My favorite part about him.

• Like 1