2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

You are too hung up on speed what did Richard Sherman run? Aquib Talib?

Sherman played in a Cover 3 Press scheme in both Seattle and San Francisco. The times he did play Man Coverage he had a Top 3 Safety tandem in NFL History having his back. 

As for Talib, he ran a 4.44 40....

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/ashtyn-davis-draft-position-uncertain

If he dropped to 80 I’m running to the podium. This is probably smoke though from a Front Office with media connections. 

Funny thing is I never saw him as a S for us until everybody here started talking about him. Cal gets more love from Raider fans so he probably will slip to 4th or be there at 80. Many here sound like if we had Indy 34/44 they'd take him 44 but that seems high for a guy I never heard of before the hype here...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/ashtyn-davis-draft-position-uncertain

If he dropped to 80 I’m running to the podium. This is probably smoke though from a Front Office with media connections. 

Ashtyn Davis in the third round is great value i feel, much prefer that value than Delpit or McKinney in the first or even Winfield in the second.

• Like 1

First time to express input.  So hello to all. I have been reading for the past 4-5 years but never took the time to respond. So please don’t be to brutal.  First the our gm stated at the beginning of the off-season that he blamed himself for not having adequate back ups. So what did he do reinforced the defense of line. Improved the linebacker corps 100%. And added some secondary help. He gave us a back up qb that actually has a chance to help the team if something happened to carr. In my opinion I think that carr  Williams and our right tackle restructure their contracts to give them cap help. Based on what I said above. And that Williams is not 100% healthy and ren is a little small and I think he will get injured a lot. I think they will take wr at 12 and move up to 11 or 14 from 19 and get wr again. It would make sense. Gives us Quality depth and based on what Gruden said last year he won one of the best wide receiver cores in the game. Again just my opinion. What do you think 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, raider4567 said:

First time to express input.  So hello to all. I have been reading for the past 4-5 years but never took the time to respond. So please don’t be to brutal.  First the our gm stated at the beginning of the off-season that he blamed himself for not having adequate back ups. So what did he do reinforced the defense of line. Improved the linebacker corps 100%. And added some secondary help. He gave us a back up qb that actually has a chance to help the team if something happened to carr. In my opinion I think that carr  Williams and our right tackle restructure their contracts to give them cap help. Based on what I said above. And that Williams is not 100% healthy and ren is a little small and I think he will get injured a lot. I think they will take wr at 12 and move up to 11 or 14 from 19 and get wr again. It would make sense. Gives us Quality depth and based on what Gruden said last year he won one of the best wide receiver cores in the game. Again just my opinion. What do you think 

Who do you think they draft at 12 and 14, Im assuming were after 2 out of Juedy, Lamb and Ruggs? 

16 minutes ago, raider4567 said:

I think getting 2 WRs in the 1st makes no sense. When you draft a WR in the 1st, you're hoping to get high volume production. If you get 2 WRs in the 1st with Waller and, to a lesser extent, Renfrow already on the team in a balanced run/pass scheme already featuring a 1st round RB, you'll never get that high volume production from those 2. And you won't re-sign them both when the time comes because you can't spend that much on the position. If you want 2 WRs, you get 1 later and take advantage of the depth in this class.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, raider4567 said:

So, what side are you on? Carr stays or Carr goes. Sorry, had to ask.

• Like 1

I agree with what you are saying but with the uncertainty of Williams and Renfrow Being smallish. Last year I felt that when renfrow was out Williams was not 100%  our rb was hurt and then we had no offense. I won’t get on the Carr subject because that has been dissected on this forum enough. ( I am pro Carr at least for this year)  we have no depth at wr. At least nothing that if the game was on the line you would feel Some what comfortable putting out there again just a thought 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

So, what side are you on? Carr stays or Carr goes. Sorry, had to ask.

😎 I feel that he should stay . Our front office was wise in what they did . We have a backup that has played in the league. If we drop Carr this coming year will be a wash because I feel that the amount of time it takes someone new to learn gruden’s system it would be counterproductive. We are in a new City and a brand new stadium .  

• Like 1

Did a full three round mock and I like how this one turned out. 

12. WR Jerry Jeudy- Alabama

*Trade*

Eagles give us their very late 3rd (Pick 103) to move up from 21 to 19 to select CeeDee Lamb who is surprisingly still on the board. 

21. DT Ross Blacklock - TCU

The key to winning a championship is building a dominant defensive line. I don’t see Hurst as our primary interior rusher. I know you guys may hate to hear it but Hurst is a very-very slightly above-average player. 

Blacklock oozes potential. His first step and bullrush are absolutely insane and Chris Jones-like. With Rod coming in to coach him, he could turn into a real stud 3T for us. Is he a reach at 21? Nope. Goes 22-32 in all mocks and usually 22-27. He is also ranked 20-30 on most boards. 

80. S Terrell Burgess - Utah

Love this kid. In Nickel Packages you can line him up anywhere. FS, SS, LB, Nickel CB, etc. Could be a great safety for us and that versatile piece we have been looking for. 

81. QB Jalen Hurts - Oklahoma

Jalen grows on me by the day. I’m starting to really think he can develop into a Franchise guy. You’re basically using Pick 81 on a gadget guy/top tier backup QB who does indeed have a legit chance to become a Franchise QB. If he doesn’t, it was still worth the pick for the gadget/backup aspect. Win-win situation. 

91. OG Nick Harris - Washington

103. (From Eagles) RB Eno Benjamin - Arizona State

We won’t get a CB in the first three rounds in this mock. The value wasn’t there. However, Saints fans are pretty adamant Eli Apple was a good CB2 last year. Not saying Apple is the long-term answer by any means, but we’ll see how he does. 

Edited by BayRaider