2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3rd round for me would be guys like Antoine Winfield Jr if he declares. Safety still is a need. E.Harris is a nice option to have on your team, but you feel better if he was your third safety instead of your starting safety.

Evan Weaver ILB Cal. Would be your depth at MLB who can learn the system from Burfict. 

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

3rd round for me would be guys like Antoine Winfield Jr if he declares. Safety still is a need. E.Harris is a nice option to have on your team, but you feel better if he was your third safety instead of your starting safety.

Evan Weaver ILB Cal. Would be your depth at MLB who can learn the system from Burfict. 

Abram coming back and Joseph should resign cheaply because of the injury.  We also have Joyner for one more year.  We have options without using draft picks.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Abram coming back and Joseph should resign cheaply because of the injury.  We also have Joyner for one more year.  We have options without using draft picks.

Joyner hasn’t played safety with us and probably never will. There should be legit talks about Joyner even being on the team next year. 

KJ played well against the Lions and Chargers, but let’s not act like he was playing at a level where he should automatically be given his job back if he comes back. Raiders ignoring the Safety position would be a mistake. 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Joyner hasn’t played safety with us and probably never will. There should be legit talks about Joyner even being on the team next year. 

KJ played well against the Lions and Chargers, but let’s not act like he was playing at a level where he should automatically be given his job back if he comes back. Raiders ignoring the Safety position would be a mistake. 

To many other holes.  Joyner already has $8 million guaranteed for next year so unless you can upgrade him $5 million he will be back.  Also the last time Joyner was a good player it was at safety.  Joseph was playing great and looked like the light had finally turned on.  I am not saying he deserves a ton but another contract should come his way.  Somewhere in the $6-7 million range.  We have a lot of cap space but the amount of players that will hit the market that deserve it will be small.  We are better off signing our own and priority FAs.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Giants didn't trade for Leo to let him go in FA. So probably need to find a different DT target 

I would be surprised if Leo signs a deal with NYG. So unless they are planning on Tagging him and paying him Donald/Watt Money I doubt it. 

I would have no problem cutting our losses with Joyner. He isn't playing as well as we wanted, granted he is in his first year here. Still, he has not been at S and part of the plan was versatility, I thought? Even with Riley crapping the bed and Worley (for some reason) playing FS, Joyner didn't. Why? My vote is to see how Lawson and Nixon look for the rest of the year. If either looks serviceable then cut Joyner (8 mill bonus but 0 dead cap hit) and maybe take a flier on a mid-round slot guy.

I like the idea of Big Cat but also am not sure its worth it. Does he really provide much more than PJ/Hurst? Both those guys need more reps because of each other and iirc both have shown more as pass rushers than he has so far. Would prefer to allocate money elsewhere or address DT differently. If we really wanna shore up DT, Derrick Brown could be an option.

• Like 1

really torn, a WR like Ruggs could possibly turn a very good offense into an elite offense with a multitude of ways of beating teams. But chances are our defense would still be without enough playmakers on defense to be a true contender. double dipping on defense in the first would give us a chance of having a balanced out team with a good offense and a solid defense.We may have a chance at two studs like a Derrick Brown and a Isaiah Simmons who added to the young talent we already have could give us the foundation of a great defense. 

Man, knowing that Gruden is an offensive guy and how much he loved AB, how excited he was to draw up plays for the punk. I have a hard time believing he would pass up on a WR talent that is sure to be there with both of our #1s.

im going all in on defense in FA, attack all levels DL, LB and DBs then targeting a WR and BPA in the draft. WE have the chance to be a very deep and talented team at the end of this next offseason. 

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I would have no problem cutting our losses with Joyner. He isn't playing as well as we wanted, granted he is in his first year here. Still, he has not been at S and part of the plan was versatility, I thought? Even with Riley crapping the bed and Worley (for some reason) playing FS, Joyner didn't. Why? My vote is to see how Lawson and Nixon look for the rest of the year. If either looks serviceable then cut Joyner (8 mill bonus but 0 dead cap hit) and maybe take a flier on a mid-round slot guy.

I like the idea of Big Cat but also am not sure its worth it. Does he really provide much more than PJ/Hurst? Both those guys need more reps because of each other and iirc both have shown more as pass rushers than he has so far. Would prefer to allocate money elsewhere or address DT differently. If we really wanna shore up DT, Derrick Brown could be an option.

IF we are going to acquire a DT, they better be really really good. Brown or Kinlaw fulfills that. Hankins deserves to start next year for sure. I still think one of Hurst/Hall will take the next step, but never a bad idea to acquire interior talent.

LB is by far our biggest need though IMO. If we can get Kwiatkowski, Littleton, Shaq Thompson, or Schobert, plus a draft pick, we'd be in really good shape there.

Kristian Fulton is also an excellent CB prospect. It's not a HUGE need, but adding him would make the corner group absolutely excellent. Fulton, Mullen, and Worley would be a real group to build around. If we don't add him, adding a day 2 corner is a good idea regardless. 

Mayock seems to value fluid hips in his CB's, as Mullen was among most fluid "big CB" and that's really showing. 

15 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I would be surprised if Leo signs a deal with NYG. So unless they are planning on Tagging him and paying him Donald/Watt Money I doubt it. 

Why? I'm sure they Giants didn't trade for him to get him half a season and let him walk. They will have a plan.

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why? I'm sure they Giants didn't trade for him to get him half a season and let him walk. They will have a plan.

It didn't really make any sense for them to trade for a player this season so maybe you shouldn't apply logic to this matter! I agree they basically have to re-sign him now. But I don't understand why they couldn't wait until he was a FA.

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Will they? I mean these guys passed on Darnold for Barkley, they traded OBJ after saying they wanted to keep him. Heck there’s rumblings that the owner (we’ll i guess acting owner) is going to clean house because of the Win/Loss record. I know they are a storied franchise with a long history but if you take away those two Super Bowls they are a pretty mediocre organization. 

18 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I believe it is an $8 million cap hit, savings of almost $5 million, but no actual money spent because he already received the $8 million.  So you are looking at whether you can replace him for $5 million.

I personally want to see The tandem of Joseph and Abram. Harris is a fine 3rd down safety. Joseph was winning us games and ballin before injury. Joseph is just hitting his prime and shouldn’t be let go after he finally develops. I would maybe add another safety on Day 3 if Mayock seems a guy likes.... I still say 

1) WR

1) MLB

3) G 

3) LB 

3) RB 

4) DB 

sign a Vet Pass rusher too! 

just saw an article on s&b pride talking about hamsah nasirildeen from fla st. I had to smile a little because I was gonna mention him and weaver as guys id like in the 3rd round yesterday, of course if their available. very interesting player imo. anyone who can register a 22 tackle game as a safety has some kind of instincts, and at 6`4" he can definitely match up with our divisions te`s. if he runs well though he wont be available in the 3rd. if we could get simmons  and him somewhere in this draft it would be a huge help for our pass defense imo.  hes gonna get some attention because of size and skills , which are necessary in todays nfl.