The Mass Exodus (cuts to 53)

CaliforniaKid7

20 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

"This staff does this, repetitively. They preach competition, preach overlooking draft status."

You certainly made a point of saying the staff repeatedly ignores competition in favor of draft status. 

Exactly this.

22 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

"This staff does this, repetitively. They preach competition, preach overlooking draft status."

You certainly made a point of saying the staff repeatedly ignores competition in favor of draft status. If this isn't a major issue, why bring it up? In fact, I'd say the Raiders have had a pretty good track record in rewarding guys who showed out in TC and the preseason (Latham, Autry, McGee, Richard) and moving on from those who don't (Tyler Wilson). Again, the real issue is not the Raiders are letting the right guys go and sticking with the wrong guys, it's that the majority of the defensive roster is made up of the wrong guys. Enough people on this forum have criticized the offseason the Raiders had, and even picks from a year ago (Jihad Ward). 

The fact that the staff was able to let go of a 3rd round pick in Calhoun shows there is honesty in the building about the defensive roster. Hopefully it serves as somewhat of a wakeup call for both the team and fans, alike. 

Ok, we're talking about 2 different things.

I thought you were asking for a list of guys we cut who have shown out elsewhere. Which is small to insignificant.

But now you're asking for the list of guys we hold onto or pump up too big and too long. Or guys who they talk up and move around to new positions, who never work out. That list is plenty.

And no, while I did put forth a point about draft status specifically in the case of Calhoun - I did not center my points around a draft status problem as you say I did. I centered it around the staff being stuck for reasons I cannot understand on guys who underperform repetitively. 

I've been patiently trying to respond a number of times now, but now I'm getting annoyed and done replying. Read my posts and quote what I wrote and how I wrote it in it's full context and meaning, if you want to actually discuss it. Don't spin garbage to fit a needlessly argumentative narrative you like to hear yourself say, just so you can feel important on a message board on topics about nothing generally important in life. I have time to talk Raiders, no time to talk garbage.

You and Dessie win all the points and 100% correct all around, but that's definitely the end of it on my end.

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

DIwl0-xUIAEgYvM.jpg:large

Nothing earth shattering there in cuts or keeps.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mcgill IR or cut, Hamilton / McDonald expendable, Kirkland IR if he is to miss significant time. But I imagine those 4 are the intechangeable bottom of the 53 anyway.

Hood is the only draft pick to be cut, and it seems they hid him by not playing him. Just noting it.

7 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Calhoun has been a mixed bag. Looked decent vs Arizona, but ultimately he was in the wrong position his rookie year. Think he's better than Ward, still.

They don't really play the position so it's tough to compare. I was a big Calhoun fan when he was coming out. He profiled pretty well as an athlete and had multiple ears of production at Michigan State. I honestly think the weight he added didn't help him and he should of stayed at 250-60 but just gained strength. 

Archived