Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

If Boston wasn’t offering Tatum, our deal wasn’t even close.

Pelinka man. New Orleans going to put that dude in the ring of honor.

Dude you've spent the past 12 months talking about how the Lakers offer was trash, now all of a sudden its too much to give up for a top 5 player in the world?  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He thinks Tatum is some superstar in the making. Don’t mind him.

Tatum will have to improve a lot to equal Davis offensively, and he will never be the defensive force Davis is.  Oh, and Tatum is only 5 years younger.  

1 hour ago, indifference said:

He already has a nice crib out in westlake. But I get your point

I had no idea he had a pad in westlake village. Probably lives less than a mile from me, but in the fancy gated communities I'll never afford. That's like a 1.5 to 2 hour commute to downtown L.A. if traffic sucks on the 101, and it always does. He should've bought a spot in Santa Monica or Newport.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

So Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams, #14, #20, and Grizzlies 1st wouldn't be close?

We don't know what Boston was offering and we never will, so you can't say nothing was close. All we know is Tatum was off the table.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

So Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams, #14, #20, and Grizzlies 1st wouldn't be close?

We don't know what Boston was offering and we never will, so you can't say nothing was close. All we know is Tatum was off the table.

I saw a report that Tatum was discussed, but Tatum himself wasn't enough

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I had no idea he had a pad in westlake village. Probably lives less than a mile from me, but in the fancy gated communities I'll never afford. That's like a 1.5 to 2 hour commute to downtown L.A. if traffic sucks on the 101, and it always does. He should've bought a spot in Santa Monica or Newport.

Yeah that pad is far as hell. Its past hidden hills where drake resides, yikes. Practice in el segundo is going be an hr everyday even if arrives at 7am. But Kobe lived far too from the arena but he flew the helicopter to Staples. Dont think AD will have that privilege.

36 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude you've spent the past 12 months talking about how the Lakers offer was trash, now all of a sudden its too much to give up for a top 5 player in the world?  

Preach.  We've heard about how the Laker's offer was garbage, and all of a sudden the Lakers gave up too much?  Give me a break Mookie.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

About the picks, Lakers can't trade any first round picks until 2026 right? Or if the 2021 pick is deferred? Or can you trade the pick swap picks?

Correct.  They can't deal their own FRP until 2026 at the earliest.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Pelinka man. New Orleans going to put that dude in the ring of honor.

When the picks from the Pelicans don't amount to much, I'll be there to say I told you so (not really).  Anyone wanna recap what the Nets/Celtics trade brought back?  James Young (2014), Jaylen Brown (2016), Markelle Fultz (2017), and Colin Sexton (2018).

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

When the picks from the Pelicans don't amount to much, I'll be there to say I told you so (not really).  Anyone wanna recap what the Nets/Celtics trade brought back?  James Young (2014), Jaylen Brown (2016), Markelle Fultz (2017), and Colin Sexton (2018).

That’s like the Julio Jones argument. If they gave NO the 1st, 3rd, and 8th pick LA would burn down.

but they won’t so it’s fine

As much as I could continue to dump on Mookie, here's my thoughts on the trade.

It's a risky trade for both sides with plenty of upside for both.  For the Lakers, they're tying the franchises' future to Anthony Davis.  And there's risk involved with that like anyone else.  But the Lakers needed a legitimate co-star for LeBron James, and they got one of the best one available.  And now, they're a premier FA destination if they weren't already.  This absolutely opens up the door for that 3rd star to join the Lakers (think Kyrie or Kawhi).  If they are able to land that 3rd star, those picks are borderline worthless.

For New Orleans, they're taking on a TON of risk from Ingram's health to the picks that far in the future.  Personally, I would have preferred the Pelicans taken on more "known" value, but it was going to be hard pressed to get more from anyone else.  They got the most they were going to get for Anthony Davis, so kudos to David Griffin.

• Like 2