Madden 20

Cheesehawk

21 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

My buddy and I started a franchise as the Evil Ravens and my lord the turnovers are funny. Lamar Jackson is the best running QB in the game but his carry rating causes him to fumble like three times a game whenever a stiff breeze comes his way.

We played through three games and the dude has 8 fumble on the season so far. Everything else is turning out to be pretty much legit and we did have a tough couple of games but that's beyond crazy to have that many TOs so far.

Probably gonna try the QB1 thing before I do a Franchise of my own.

Do you slide or run out of bounds or do you just let him get tackled?

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Do you slide or run out of bounds or do you just let him get tackled?

My friend and I both control him alternating quarters. And we have each had the problem. We each run out of bounds and slide. Sometimes it's hard to slide quick so he dives. It doesn't seem to discriminate lol

On 8/7/2019 at 10:49 AM, Tyty said:

So this game is as empty if not emptier than prior maddens because it parades itself as a madden with more effort put into it lol. The whole face of the franchise scam just means you play TWO games in college. The street receiver guy disappears after the game and doesn’t enter the next year’s draft like he should’ve. The game is bare bones and empty and I could’ve been saved from it all just by watching one video of Let’s Play on YouTube but I didn’t want to ruin the surprise cause I thought the college experience would be cool. It’s kinda comical how deaf EA is. Companies like Ubisoft listen to how crappy their product was and turned it around and made some great games. EA is just gonna suck forever until 2k or something takes over and renders them obsolete 

I buy them off EBay so EA never gets my money.

Just waiting for 2K revival myself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

So is the game any better than last year on Franchise Mode?

Not terribly different or new. Now you get random text messages from players and stuff. But yeah, not terribly different or new. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 12:19 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I'll buy the game 3rd party if anything. I refuse to give EA my money.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:56 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Yeah, you can do it outside the game again. It was ridiculous when you couldn't.

Friendly reminder to buy the game used, everybody! Some will inevitably buy it new, but your voice can be heard if your money doesn't go directly to EA!!

(I'm not the activist type but I feel very strongly about this haha)

On 4/28/2018 at 2:01 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I'll buy it if it hurts EA.

On 6/20/2019 at 12:21 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Which company made the game?

Is EA involved at all?

15 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I buy them off EBay so EA never gets my money.

Just waiting for 2K revival myself.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

It has to be a 3rd party. EA cannot in any way get my money.

We know. We all know..

• Like 5

Lol you honestly think EA cares whether or not you buy the game brand new?  Highly doubt they make the majority of their money from game sales anyway.  The majority of their money is made through microtransactions via Ultimate Team players.  The majority of people who play that game mode dump countless amounts of money until August of 2020. As long as people keep spending an arse ton of money in Ultimate Team, EA will be happy.

It's literally the same thing with NBA 2K.  That's literally why the game is so hardcore focused on MyPlayer and MyTeam.... the two modes that involve constant microtransactions.

If you buy Madden or 2K and just play franchise mode, EA and 2K don't give a damn about you.  You bought the game and will not spend anymore money.  They only care about people who have the game and will continue to spend money on microtransactions.

• Like 2

Did anyone see the update for this game?  I've never seen Madden add so much to the game after release before.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2019/08/20/madden-20-patch-19-notes-new-update-adds-o-line-superstar-abilities-new-player-likenesses-and-nerfs-fumbles/#337866aa668a

They added multiple OL superstar abilities, fixed QBs not running when supersimming, the ability to assign a double team to a rusher, and nerfed fumbles, among other things.

6 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Do you guys custom your sliders or just play on All-Pro, All-Madden?

I customize the sliders.  Operation Sports usually has some good ones.  I haven't bought the game (waiting for the price to drop) but in the trial, I found a perfect set over there that gave me the best gameplay experience in Madden I've had in years.

All-Pro is way too easy for me.  All-Madden isn't as bad in this game as others, but there is still too much cheese from the CPU offense.

Edited by iknowcool

@showtime, you do know there is a serious push to end micro transactions and/or heavily regulate them, right?  Why in TF do you think EA radically overhauled franchise mode and added so many new features this year compared to every past year?

Madden 18 was the worst-selling version since 01.  You are literally delusional if you think the progressive backlash and boycotting hasn’t improved the game.  You are the type of person who deserves constant remakes in Hollywood and inferior products.  

https://old.muthead.com/forums/madden/mut-discussion/1401545-18-years-of-madden-game-sales

EA is the same company that faced ENORMOUS backlash for their micro transactions in their Star Wars game.  

You are worse than the people who keep repeating they are boycotting the game.  One obnoxious group is trying to make things better.  They are fighting.  They are actively trying to help.  They are trying to improve things.  What TF are you trying to accomplish?  Quit talking down to people who are working to improve the game for you.