Kawhi Leonard signs with Clippers and Clippers trade for Paul George

49erurtaza

30 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Not Bums Bro. But clearly not the assets that’s Ainge held on for players like Ad, George and others.. They’re not franchise players. That’s what I meant by bums. 

I don't think Brown is a franchise player, but he'll be really good.  Tatum is potentially a franchise player, though.  The only reason they didn't get Anthony Davis is because they didn't offer the assets for him.  If they wanted to, they could have beaten the Lakers offer.  I just think the Celtics were smart enough to not offer it because I don't think Davis would have stayed in Boston anyway.

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think Brown is a franchise player, but he'll be really good.  Tatum is potentially a franchise player, though.  The only reason they didn't get Anthony Davis is because they didn't offer the assets for him.  If they wanted to, they could have beaten the Lakers offer.  I just think the Celtics were smart enough to not offer it because I don't think Davis would have stayed in Boston anyway.

We’ll never know. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

We literally spent the first half of the offseason talking about how the Lakers' assets were trash.  Amazing how things have changed.

No one is impressed with the players. It’s the 3 1st rounders with rights to swap in an additional year.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers gave up 2 players that are better than SGA, another young shooter, and 3 first round picks (which turned into Hayes/NWA) and 2 more future picks. SGA is good but I’d take Lonzo over him for sure. 

Highly disagree. I'd much rather have SGA.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How is that any different than the Clippers offer then?  It's not.

It’s not all that different... I like the Clippers package. None of us were talking about the Pelicans getting Lonzo, BI and a ton of picks when we discussed the Lakers package. All the rumored deals were like Lonzo, Ingram and #4

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

It’s not all that different... I like the Clippers package. None of us were talking about the Pelicans getting Lonzo, BI and a ton of picks when we discussed the Lakers package. All the rumored deals were like Lonzo, Ingram and #4

And the entire time we heard that any picks were garbage because it was LeBron and Anthony Davis.

36 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And the entire time we heard that any picks were garbage because it was LeBron and Anthony Davis.

No one thought the Lakers were offering picks 4-6 years away with the right to push them back, with pick swaps etc.

Stop acting like people were crapping on the real Lakers package. We were crapping on the hypothetical packages being thrown out... because they were crap.

11 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

No one thought the Lakers were offering picks 4-6 years away with the right to push them back, with pick swaps etc.

Stop acting like people were crapping on the real Lakers package. We were crapping on the hypothetical packages being thrown out... because they were crap.

So you're getting excited about picks 4-6 years in the future that their current GM might or might not be using?  They're lottery tickets.  Let's stop pretending like they're anything more than that.  They're not like FRP in the NFL where you have a high success rate.  The odds of getting a significant player are pretty damn low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

So you're getting excited about picks 4-6 years in the future that their current GM might or might not be using?  They're lottery tickets.  Let's stop pretending like they're anything more than that.  They're not like FRP in the NFL where you have a high success rate.  The odds of getting a significant player are pretty damn low.

It’s the combination of everything that turned that package from meh to intriguing. Those picks end up in the lottery range at the tail end of Lebrons career if not no Lebron at that point all of a sudden that package was really nice. They sign Giannis to pair with AD? Yeah, might get some more role players to pair with Zion. 

The addition of all those picks are what make the package intriguing though. You’re acting like Lakers fans were saying this would be the offer and we’d all laugh, half the offers posted on this board we’re 1 of Ingram/Ball with Kuzma and the #4 pick and like a 2020 1st. That’s a significantly worse package and why it caught flack, so stop acting like people just flipped tunes for no reason.

@showtime @CWood21 so apparently it really was always the Raptors or the Clippers... 

https://theundefeated.com/features/nba-kawhi-leonard-and-paul-george-pull-off-ultimate-power-move/

Mintz worked with a stunned Presti to find a fair solution for both sides, a source said. The Thunder then engaged in talks with the Clippers and Raptors, the two teams Leonard was open to playing for. (A source told The Undefeated early last week that there was “no way” Leonard was going to sign as a free agent with James, Davis and the Lakers despite speculation they were the front-runners.)

• Like 2