2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

10 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

So a team that is only 4 games out with a better record is going to sell to a team that is 6.5 games out an in 3rd place?

Phils are apparently committed to pushing it in this year. I guess the Indians aren't. 

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Would the Braves deal any of their prospects outside of Pache, Riley and Anderson for top of the line SP?

Uh .... you mean would they deal any of the prospects you mentioned for a top of the line SP? 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Phils are apparently committed to pushing it in this year. I guess the Indians aren't. 

Along those lines......a section of a NY Post article:

"Cleveland leads the AL wild-card race, but one outside executive said, “They are very progressive. Bauer is available. They are open-minded. Despite what is going on (in the standings), this is just business. No one shows up at their ballpark. They have problems running a business because of financial flexibility, so they will make the best decision within that framework to trade him now or the winter.”

Bauer will be due a $20 million-ish salary next year that does not fit Cleveland’s payroll, especially because attendance is down for a second straight season despite winning the AL Central the past three years. So the Indians would seek a deal that brings them help now (notably a bat anywhere but shortstop), multiple prospects and cost relief. The model is similar to what Tampa Bay did in dealing Chris Archer to Pittsburgh at last year’s deadline for Tyler Glasnow, Austin Meadows and prospect Shane Baz.

Like the Mets with Syndergaard, the Indians can wait to see whether a team relents to an acceptable package for Bauer. This provides the greatest intrigue in this trade market"

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Bauer has indicated that he's unlikely to sign a long-term deal with us. Even with trading Bauer, our pitching staff should be okay without him. And I don't think (or at least hope) that they'll trade him just for the sake of trading him, but they're open to it if the right offer is made. With that said, I'm not sure what the Phillies have to offer.

3 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

“Outside of Pache, Riley and Anderson”

actually looking at the latest top-100 Wright is one spot above Anderson. @devils1854

MLB.com's midseason updates is a joke. They basically just keep their preseason rankings and just shuffle a couple guys.

Anderson is #28 and Wright isnt listed in baseball prospective's midseason update.

Anderson is #36 on Keith Law's update and Wright isnt listed.

Fangraphs has them closer. Anderson 43rd and Wright 45th.

I cant find Baseball America's update without a subscription.

Either way. Pache, Anderson, and Waters are untouchable unless its for an ace. That's pretty much apparent from reports. Wright is nowhere near the pitching prospect that Anderson is. Never has been. Wright would clearly headline pretty much any deal for a non true ace.

5 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

“Outside of Pache, Riley and Anderson”

actually looking at the latest top-100 Wright is one spot above Anderson. @devils1854

Anyone with a "top of the line SP" is probably going to want their top prospects.

If all they're willing to part with is Wright, then they cant expect to land a top of the line SP.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Anyone with a "top of the line SP" is probably going to want their top prospects.

If all they're willing to part with is Wright, then they cant expect to land a top of the line SP.

I was going to suggest Zack and a third of his remaining salary covered for Waters, Wright and another top-10guy.  He’s still an ace but I don’t expect more than one elite guy back given his age.  The Braves and Brewers aren’t on his NTC but the Phillies are.

Archived