BDL 2019 Summer Owners Meeting - Completed

SirA1

28 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It's actually not a hard thing to do.  You just make dead money Martinez or whatever the guys name is in the sheets.  But it's something I'd rather we  not start doing for simplicity sakes 

Like I said, I know it's not hard, but it complicates things. So now when trading for a guy you need to look at the team your trading with to see if he's got future cap ramifications that could cause a trade to not work? Maybe not a concrete example but you know what I'm saying. Little things like that will add up to chaos. 

And to be clear, I don't think what I'm proposing is a new rule. I wanted to clarify the language of the old rule. Because even though a tab was created on a spreadsheet to track possible dead money over years, we never voted on doing that, for the reasons myself and others have stated here for reasons of simplicity. Footy proposed keeping track of dead money for years and it was shot down each time, yet somehow because it was put on a roster sheet it exists.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

And to be clear, I don't think what I'm proposing is a new rule. I wanted to clarify the language of the old rule. Because even though a tab was created on a spreadsheet to track possible dead money over years, we never voted on doing that, for the reasons myself and others have stated here for reasons of simplicity. Footy proposed keeping track of dead money for years and it was shot down each time, yet somehow because it was put on a roster sheet it exists.

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Well here's them thing, if we vote no.  Then are you these multi year guys locked and can't be cut at all.  There's no language to say what happens which is what we need to touch introduce here 

So it seems to me like we should actually decide what the original rule is first. If this doesn’t change anything, then I vote yes. If it does, I vote no. 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Well here's them thing, if we vote no.  Then are you these multi year guys locked and can't be cut at all.  There's no language to say what happens which is what we need to touch introduce here 

So....I know this is a technicality but can we stop calling these players "locked"? They can still be traded, the current debate is on if they are cut what happens to the money. As the rule is currently written I would argue that the money would carryover into dead cap next year but many people seem to believe that the entire contract would hit in the year the transaction is made. I'm voting yes just for ease, and simplicity.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic 8 When releasing a player(non 3 down/fa/sub 500 cut) , the team must pay the total duration of the contract money amount immediately .

Voting is now open.

Yes (7) - PR, SwoleXMad, JLash, Hockey, Bcb1213, Wwhickok, MD4L

No (4) - WFLukic, Whicker, TedLavie

Edited by SirA1

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

As the rule is currently written I would argue that the money would carryover into dead cap next year

Which is the problem, because that's not the case (no matter what the spreadsheet says) because we never approved that change. This is to make the wording clear.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Which is the problem, because that's not the case (no matter what the spreadsheet says) because we never approved that change. This is to make the wording clear.

So I vote for the rule where cap hit carries over the year. 

Basically a status quo, but established 

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

So I vote for the rule where cap hit carries over the year. 

Basically a status quo, but established 

No idea what this means, but if you're voting 'no' to keep the language muddled then just say that. 

• Like 1

Other than Topic 8 here is the new language in the BDL Guidelines for 3 Ups/5th Year options. So much cleaner. Thanks all for participating in this Owners Meeting. It was relatively painless.

The format is much nicer in the Doc.

BDL Guidelines

Team Transactions

You can offer a player a restructuring or an extension by negotiating with the contract committee. All 3downs and 3ups have to be agreed to by the contract committee. 3up & overs have to be agreed to by both contract and trade committees. 

Extending and restructuring contracts

100% extension (all year long): You can extend an unlocked player at 100% of his IRL salary as long as it doesn’t decrease his BDL salary. Clarification - You cannot 100% extend a UFA. 

5th Year Options (Start of Off-Season until beginning of BDL FA)

If a real life NFL 1st round player is tendered their 5th year option a team can match it at 75% without using one of their 3 Ups for the year.

3 Up (Start of Off-Season until beginning of BDL FA) : Each year, an owner has the chance to resign 3 players at a discounted rate. 

If the player is an BDL UFA (unrestricted free agent) they can be signed at 75% of the value of their IRL contract (Spotrac Avg Salary)

Players under the NFL Franchise Tag can be 3 Upped for 75% of the value of the Franchise tag. 

Players under a 3 Up/5th year option for a single year, upon signing a new contract in the NFL can have their BDL contract be updated to reflect the change.

3 up & over (Start of Off-Season until beginning of BDL FA) : A 3up & over gives the chance to owners to trade away or for BDL UFA’s.

If an owner trades for a BDL UFA, the have to resign them at 75% of his IRL contract. Each owner is limited to one 3up & over per year (either if you trade for or away the player) and a 3up & over will count against the 3up limit for both parties 

Multiple free agents can be dealt in 3 up and over deals (one from each team)

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 4:16 PM, SirA1 said:
On 8/7/2019 at 9:39 PM, SirA1 said:

Topic 8 When releasing a player(non 3 down/fa/sub 500 cut) , the team must pay the total duration of the contract money amount immediately .

Voting is now open.

Yes (9) - PR, SwoleXMad, JLash, Hockey, Bcb1213, Wwhickok, MD4L, RuskieTitan, Counselor

No (3) - WFLukic, Whicker, TedLavie

@pheltzbahr @Ragnarok 

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, SirA1 said:
21 hours ago, SirA1 said:
On 8/7/2019 at 6:39 PM, SirA1 said:

Voting is now open.

Yes (7) - PR, SwoleXMad, JLash, Hockey, Bcb1213, Wwhickok, MD4L

No (3) - WFLukic, Whicker, TedLavie

@pheltzbahr @Ragnarok @RuskieTitan @Counselor

Thought I had vote already, but yes on topic 8. Makes sense rather than track across multiple seasons, keep it simple and easy to follow.