BDL 2019 Summer Owners Meeting - Completed

SirA1

Topic 7 - 3 Up and Over % - Currently

• 3 up & over (End of Season until beginning of FA) : A 3up & over gives the chance to owners to trade away or for upcoming free agents.

•  If an owner trades for an upcoming free agent, he has to resign them at 100% of his IRL contract. Each owner is limited to one 3up & over per year (either if you trade for or away the player) and a 3up & over will count against the 3up limit for both parties 

• Multiple free agents can be dealt in 3 up and over deals (one from each team)

Again this is something that rarely gets used and usually to the detriment of the receiving party. I could see either 75% or 85% being a better facilitator for these types of deals. 

I'm going to open up the discussion on Topic 7 while we are waiting on the last stragglers for Topic 6 voting.

This again is something that doesn't get used because no one wants to pay 100% contracts so this is a change to open up more options now that we have tightened most of the 3 up options.

I was thinking 3 Options for this for voting. 

A. 75%

B. 85%

C. 100%

11 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I was thinking 3 Options for this for voting. 

A. 75%

B. 85%

C. 100%

I don't really understand the B option, We've spent a majority of these votes cleaning, simplifying, and standardizing. Why at the end are we gonna throw the random 85% number just to re-complicate things.

That said I vote for A.

Edited by Hockey5djh
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I don't rally understand the B option, We've spent a majority of these votes cleaning, simplifying, and standardizing. Why at the end are we gonna throw the random 85% number just to re-complicate things.

That said I vote for A.

Very well said.

40 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I don't really understand the B option, We've spent a majority of these votes cleaning, simplifying, and standardizing. Why at the end are we gonna throw the random 85% number just to re-complicate things.

That said I vote for A.

I agree. That's why I voted for A as well. It has seemed to me the majority of us have voted in favor of simplification. I am down for that mentality and not about to start voting against it unless I see an irrefutable arguement for doing so.