All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

What type of apology did he give?  Drew might be trying some tricky lawyer stuff but I would hope the organization would catch it.

I'm sure the apology was not sincere and AB has no regrets.  

Drew told him to get his act together because legally the Raiders had control of the situation.  He violated the terms of his contract and the Raiders could cut bait and not pay him a dime.  Sure he would get picked up but I can assure you it would have been for a fraction of what he is making with the Raiders.  Drew knows this and that is the only reason AB apologized.  The only reason, all he cares about is money...

57 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m starting to realize 2017 was actually 2003 all over again. 

A winning head coach who falls apart and is figured out, a terrible record after making the playoffs. 

2004/2018 we hire an offensive guru coach who has never built a successful roster. 

2005/2019 we trade for the best WR and most diva WR Antonio Brown/Randy Moss for a Mid Round.

It’s almost as history is EXACTLY repeating itself. 

So we are currently in 2005.

We will make the playoffs in 2030. 

we gave the # 7 pick for moss. fyi  at least brown will go over the middle. and no, im not defending him fyi.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’m starting to realize 2017 was actually 2003 all over again. 

A winning head coach who falls apart and is figured out, a terrible record after making the playoffs. 

2004/2018 we hire an offensive guru coach who has never built a successful roster. 

2005/2019 we trade for the best WR and most diva WR Antonio Brown/Randy Moss for a Mid Round.

It’s almost as history is EXACTLY repeating itself. 

So we are currently in 2005.

We will make the playoffs in 2030. 

Gruden trades Amari Cooper to the Cowboys, who then wears #19 averages roughly 14 ypc and gets roughly 6 TDs. Gruden replaces Cooper with an old AB.
Gruden trades Keyshawn Johnson to the Cowboys, who then wears #19 averages roughly 14 ypc and gets roughly 6 TDs. Gruden replaces Keyshawn with an old Joey Galloway.

Gruden gets mad the Buccaneers spend too much on Defense when he wants Offense. GM McKay leaves after power struggle of Gruden not getting the OT he wanted.
Gruden gets mad the Raiders would spend money on Khalil Mack instead of offense, drafts Kolton Miller the OT he wanted over obvious defensive pick Derwin James, trades Khalil Mack. Gruden fires GM [spelling] McKayenzie then hires GM [Word Scramble] McKayo.

Gruden uses the Khalil  first round draft pick on Josh Jacobs, RB who played for a highly ranked college team splitting time with Damien Harris who was also drafted in the same draft class.
Gruden uses first round draft pick on Cadillac Williams, RB who played for a highly ranked college team splitting time with Ronnie Brown who was also drafted in the same draft class.

knock on wood if you are with me

Jon Gruden uses the 4th overall draft selection on 6'5" 258 lbs Clemson Defensive End Gaines Adams.
Jon Gruden uses the 4th overall draft selection on 6'5" 264 lbs Clemson Defensive End Clelin Ferrell.

Edited by Trojan

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can't lump Mayock into this. He's another Gruden puppet. Just here to work the draft. He'd have never signed AB to begin with. This was all Gruden. And the fact he's going to play shows Gruden is, as we all know, 100% in control. Mayock is glorified scout on this team.

AB will be the undoing of this season. And could easily see it being the undoing of this Gruden/Mayock marriage. Mayock isn't going to stand for this ish for long. Too well respected in this league. 

Would Mayock resign over this?

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Tom Brady has brought NE how many rings? And has played for them for how many years? Has he ever been traded for peanuts despite being top 3 at his position because his team didn't want to deal with him? That's a ridiculously bad comparison. AB ain't gonna change. He's a time bomb. And when he blows up again, its on the whole organization. 

When he argues with Gruden in practices and resolves it a day later, the whole organization is going to burn down or what? 

Just now, Geezy said:

I’ve been an AB apologist, but I’m tired of his antics. He needs to be a model citizen moving forward or he needs to go.

I say we gotta cut him by Monday 1pm or else we have to pay 15M no matter what. 

I would like to give him 4-5 games to see if he calms down but it’s not worth the financial risk. He’s gotta go...

But I guess the decision has been made. I expect AB to be quiet until 1:01pm on Monday. I expect some crazy antics in the 4th QTR when Carr isn’t throwing the ball to him much.