Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why is it so hard to be factual? 

Dak has played fine against decent teams. His numbers against teams with winning records is still in the top 10 range.

Dak is not solely responsible for wins and losses. I am not sure why people keep parading a team stat and pretending its all on Dak.

Daks best quarters are the 2nd and 3rd. Which has been pointed out at least 25 times. 

I guess if your original and loudly proclaimed opinion is that the guy “doesn’t even resemble an NFL quarterback”, you don’t move from your priors, no matter how immediately and continually you are proven wrong.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I guess if your original and loudly proclaimed opinion is that the guy “doesn’t even resemble an NFL quarterback”, you don’t move from your priors, no matter how immediately and continually you are proven wrong.

I really dont understand why people cant admit when they are wrong. 

Well only 2 more months plus  of this until we can officially sign or not sign Dak and 6 months tell draft day.  Don’t know the exact date deadline is for either signing Dak or tagging him again. 

While I never was on board with Dalton being the answer he is better then he has shown to us.  Frankly he barely got a chance as the Zeke fumbles and Other OL issues basically killed that Wash game.   Still to say Dalton never had these weapons is interesting as Dalton had one of the best all time receivers in AJ Green with high quality no2 and a couple of very reliable backs who shared the load and usually combined for around 1400 yards rushing.  I know one year there two backs combined for over 2000 all purpose yards. With a 1400 yard season from Green.  Dalton and Cincy’s only real problem was failure to win in the playoffs.  They lost like 6 straight times under Dalton.   

what gets me is now how I see Heath listed as one of those “starters” veterans that was let go to tag Dak.   I miss Jones and figure we should have kept him but he did price him self too high but we still could have signed him.     What cost this defense besides the rash of injuries IMO was just how bad the front office failed in adding FA. Of the four main ones that were brought in signed to be “starters” only 1 is still on the team and he barely got any minutes against Philly in Smith.   That is what made letting Jones and Quinn go not the Dak tag or contract.

this year has just been a crazy year COVID and all and the trickle down has been a perfect storm of a disaster for the Cowboys.  

7 minutes ago, quiller said:

Well only 2 more months plus  of this until we can officially sign or not sign Dak and 6 months tell draft day.  Don’t know the exact date deadline is for either signing Dak or tagging him again. 

Mid March to tag, mid July to sign.

Once again, when people said we didn’t need a $40M QB to win games with this roster... ..we weren’t talking about this roster. It was teams like the 2014 roster when Romo was just 14th in yards and 23rd in passing attempts. The 2016 roster when Dak was 19th in yards and 23rd in passing attempts. The 2018 roster when Dak was 16th in both yards and attempts. Those rosters didn’t rely on the QBs arm to get wins. You could very literally plug in a lesser QB in those situations and allocate funds elsewhere. 

Letting your best DB walk in FA with your best pass rusher from a year ago, changing defensive schemes, losing Chido, Brown, Lewis, LVE to injury, and Malik Collins, Jeff yes I said it Heath to FA, your entire offensive line goes down, and getting a new HC....

does not count as the same team. If you hadn’t noticed Dak was 1-4 with these weapons, and really should have been 0-5. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Once again, when people said we didn’t need a $40M QB to win games with this roster... ..we weren’t talking about this roster. It was teams like the 2014 roster when Romo was just 14th in yards and 23rd in passing attempts...You could very literally plug in a lesser QB in those situations and allocate funds elsewhere. 

2014 Tony Romo was incredible. That season, Tony Romo was the most efficient QB in football on 3rd down, had the highest Y/A, and completion percentage.

You plug a lesser QB into that 2014 team, and we might not make the playoffs.

15 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Once again, when people said we didn’t need a $40M QB to win games with this roster... ..we weren’t talking about this roster. It was teams like the 2014 roster when Romo was just 14th in yards and 23rd in passing attempts. The 2016 roster when Dak was 19th in yards and 23rd in passing attempts. The 2018 roster when Dak was 16th in both yards and attempts. 

You sure do like to flip-flop what stats that matter. Did you not just say ANY/A is the QB stat the matters (yes, yes you did). 

2019: Dak was 6th in ANY

2018: Dak was 6.5+ AY/A and 99.3+ QB Rating for almost every single game once we fired the OL Coach and got Cooper

2016: Dak was #3 in ANY/A

2014: Romo was #2 in ANY/A

Stop using bulk numbers to justify your stance. Its a bad take. And worst of all, you know its a bad take and you keep doing it because you dont have any good arguments.

Those rosters didn’t rely on the QBs arm to get wins. You could very literally plug in a lesser QB in those situations and allocate funds elsewhere. 

Exact opposite. They relied on the QB being extremely efficient. Those teams didnt have to throw bulk numbers because the offense was efficient (and the defense wasnt historically bad).

Its literally the difference between Matt Stafford/Jamies Winston and Tom Brady/Arod. Which is completely obvious to 95% of the football world. 

Letting your best DB walk in FA with your best pass rusher from a year ago, changing defensive schemes, losing Chido, Brown, Lewis, LVE to injury, and Malik Collins, Jeff yes I said it Heath to FA, your entire offensive line goes down, and getting a new HC....

You love making excuses for everyone else while bashing Dak, which brings me to this:

does not count as the same team. If you hadn’t noticed Dak was 1-4 with these weapons, and really should have been 0-5. 

Dak "should have" been 5-1, he put the team in position to win everyone of those games aside from the Browns. 

29 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Once again, when people said we didn’t need a $40M QB to win games with this roster... ..we weren’t talking about this roster. It was teams like the 2014 roster when Romo was just 14th in yards and 23rd in passing attempts. The 2016 roster when Dak was 19th in yards and 23rd in passing attempts. The 2018 roster when Dak was 16th in both yards and attempts. Those rosters didn’t rely on the QBs arm to get wins. You could very literally plug in a lesser QB in those situations and allocate funds elsewhere. 

Why continue to harp on won-loss record when that's indicative of the team's overall performance and not just one player? The team averaged over 32 points a game on offence. The defence, though, allowed 35 points a game and were setting records for ineptitude. 

• Like 1