Baker Mayfield: “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones”

ClutchDJ

57 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And also Ray Lewis is definitely a murderer. 

In his defense, best case scenario he was "only" an accomplice, accessory to murder, obstructed justice, purgered himself on the stand, and willfully destroyed evidence (Blood was found in his limo after he fled the scene and it's a shame they never could find that white suit/tuxedo).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In his defense, best case scenario he was "only" an accomplice, accessory to murder, obstructed justice, purgered himself on the stand, and willfully destroyed evidence (Blood was found in his limo after he fled the scene and it's a shame they never could find that white suit/tuxedo).

Agreed. Ray Lewis gets labeled a murderer all the time and that's just not true. He definitely did some shady stuff that revolved around a murder, but he didn't actually kill anyone. It doesn't mean he's a great dude, but it also doesn't mean we should lump him in with guys like Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth.

• Like 1

I think the only thing that bothers me about this is that Baker is usually reactive. As in something / somebody caused him to respond / lash out. I’m cool with that.

This is just him going after somebody. It was the same way with Duke Johnson. I guess he reached out to Daniel and apologized. That’s the first time he’s ever apologized.

Edited by candyman93

Even Belichick, who isn't exactly a master at PR, almost never talks smack about anyone. The only people he's spoken negatively about are:

Eric Mangini

The entire Jets organization

Freddie Mitchell

Charlie Casserly

Listened to a podcast this am (Cleveland Browns Daily) and they had the author of the article for GQ on to clarify things and this is being blown completely out of proportion (shocking, I know).

The Jones comment was made off the cuff when they were in a bar eating and the Giants were the topic on the TV.  He saw the TV and pretty much just express his surprise to him going 6, like most of the football world.  That’s it.

The winning was unrelated to Jones specifically and more a general thought regarding evaluating QB’s.

And obviously the interview was in May, this is a recent thing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Listened to a podcast this am (Cleveland Browns Daily) and they had the author of the article for GQ on to clarify things and this is being blown completely out of proportion (shocking, I know).

Some of the smarter athletes now record these interview sessions so they have a copy of the original and the context around it
That way they can push back on the cherry picking and out-of-context crapola

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Some of the smarter athletes now record these interview sessions so they have a copy of the original and the context around it
That way they can push back on the cherry picking and out-of-context crapola

Luckily the author explained it and provided the context the tweets lacked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hey Baker, you're in the NFL now.  It's a business.  It's time to grow up, shut up, and put a lid on the stupidity flowing from your mouth. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The Jones comment was made off the cuff when they were in a bar eating and the Giants were the topic on the TV.  He saw the TV and pretty much just express his surprise to him going 6, like most of the football world.  That’s it.

The winning was unrelated to Jones specifically and more a general thought regarding evaluating QB’s.

And obviously the interview was in May, this is a recent thing.

5 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

A losing record is really a technicality, he's 7-7 in appearances with one being when he came in relief and mounted a 14 point comeback that doesn't count as a win for him. Since context doesn't matter for these quotes I guess the context that he took over a 1-31 team and went 7-7 is irrelevant. 

The quote even with full context is stupid lol. Obviously Baker has been solid as a starter, I was poking fun at him by mentioning his record as a starter because his thoughts about "being a winner" clearly ignore context, given the program that Jones came from. 

19 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

The quote even with full context is stupid lol. Obviously Baker has been solid as a starter, I was poking fun at him by mentioning his record as a starter because his thoughts about "being a winner" clearly ignore context, given the program that Jones came from. 

Lol ok

29 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

He wasn’t even referring to Jones specifically.

On 8/20/2019 at 6:04 AM, FinSting said:

The NFL is full of successful players who were studs on non-primetime college teams. 

How to build your brand: say stupid stuff, get media coverage. Works every time. 

Daniel Jones wasn’t a stud on Duke though. Far far from it...