You Are Wrong About Lamar Jackson - Warren Sharp

Ray Reed

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think that Lamar Jackson has definitely improved in the offseason and looked fantastic yesterday.

I also think that those of us in survivor pools will make out very well picking "whatever team plays the Dolphins this week".

Agreed. No reason to think why it can't be a little of column A and a little of column B.

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Actually the above was.

How do you figure its idiotic? That organization practically dismantled itself. There was no appearance of desire or care on the sidelines. They're not even trying to hide the fact they're tanking.

Just because you already view LJ as elite doesnt make someone else's opinion idiotic and suggesting it does sort of makes you the idiot

No one is dumb enough to fall into this straw man. No one in this thread mentioned Lamar as an elite QB, except you.

Like you’re not even smooth. You’re trying to change the scope of the argument here so that later on you can argue that your position was that “Lamar isn’t elite,.. and that’s exactly what I stated on page 15/16 of this thread.” So go on with this bull crap.😂

22 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Imo, no. Because that coaching staff doesnt care about winning. They've got some talent in that secondary, their coaching staff just wont use it properly because they don't actually want to win

Yeah, this logic is flawed.

You are literally saying that a) the Dolphins secondary is talented. But b) that the coaching staff is purposefully utilizing that talent incorrectly and tanking the season away.

So if the secondary plays pretty good this season outside of this game, how could that be? The coaches purposefully putting them in a position to fail, should make that very concept not possible.

I mean, you even say they aren’t trying to hide the tank job either. So they clearly would have no qualms with disrupting good talent with purposefully poor playcalls. Using dime packages against the run, using heavy sets in obvious passing situations, etc. What is the logic behind how this Miami team with tanking coaches could put forth a quality secondary?

Also keep in mind with your response... how is it that whatever logic you conjure also didn’t equally apply to this blowout game as well.

I’m quite intrigued by your response.

47 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

their coaching staff just wont use it properly because they don't actually want to win

You realize these coaches are coaching for themselves in addition to other things, right? Their jobs are on the line. Putting your unit in a position to fail is not how you keep or secure future employment.

It's obvious that ownership constructed their roster with the intention of tanking in 2019, but to think they've instructed their staff to fail on purpose is just crazy talk. The coaching may be bad but it's not intentionally bad.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m hoping this is a joke. You don’t last as long as a HC in this league without being a quality coach. What’s more Harbaugh has done this type of stuff before, this is old hat. He didn’t even announce our starting LG for the season so as to not give a competitive advantage to opposing coaches.

Whats more Jim has a 70% win record in the NFL and that 49ers team that was bad before he arrived and fell apart after he left, is still doing poorly years later. Then he goes to Michigan and provides a 10% win bump over Hoke and nearly a 30% increase over Rodriguez. He’s only 5% shy of where Lloyd Carr was for all those years. You’re acting as if Jim is some scrub of a coach, he’s certainly not.

Yes that was 100% a joke 

16 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

You realize these coaches are coaching for themselves in addition to other things, right? Their jobs are on the line. Putting your unit in a position to fail is not how you keep or secure future employment.

It's obvious that ownership constructed their roster with the intention of tanking in 2019, but to think they've instructed their staff to fail on purpose is just crazy talk. The coaching may be bad but it's not intentionally bad.

I dont think they've instructed anyone of anything. I think they went out and hired a bunch of unqualified goons

38 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

No one is dumb enough to fall into this straw man. No one in this thread mentioned Lamar as an elite QB, except you.

Like you’re not even smooth. You’re trying to change the scope of the argument here so that later on you can argue that your position was that “Lamar isn’t elite,.. and that’s exactly what I stated on page 15/16 of this thread.” So go on with this bull crap.😂

Yeah, this logic is flawed.

You are literally saying that a) the Dolphins secondary is talented. But b) that the coaching staff is purposefully utilizing that talent incorrectly and tanking the season away.

So if the secondary plays pretty good this season outside of this game, how could that be? The coaches purposefully putting them in a position to fail, should make that very concept not possible.

I mean, you even say they aren’t trying to hide the tank job either. So they clearly would have no qualms with disrupting good talent with purposefully poor playcalls. Using dime packages against the run, using heavy sets in obvious passing situations, etc. What is the logic behind how this Miami team with tanking coaches could put forth a quality secondary?

Also keep in mind with your response... how is it that whatever logic you conjure also didn’t equally apply to this blowout game as well.

I’m quite intrigued by your response.

Idk how good that secondary is. I think that we will get answers after more games.

Is it possible we look back and say that the Miami win for LJ looks far better now? Maybe. Idk how good Miami truly is, I do know how bad they look and I think most ppl agree on that.

Idk how good LJ is, I know how good he looked in a singular game and how iffy he looked last season. I think most ppl would agree on that.

I have no ax to grind here. I hope he succeeds. I hope every player succeeds, well, almost every player, it's their livelihood. I'm just not willing to pass any type or judgement yet. But honestly Miami has been really bad for a while 

I'd also suggest that the talent on that roster sees the incompetence and tanking which is why they want out of town.

Edited by wwhickok

• 2 weeks later...