Should more teams copy how Sean McVay handles preseason?

Elky

I’m happy to see fewer starters in the PS tbh, watching Brady etc play meaningless snaps just makes me tense. I much prefer watching rookies and JAGs play. Not because the standard is great, but because I like learning about new players, and because the young guys have so much more to prove.

Watching Chase Winovich play PS football as if BB is on the sideline with a gun to his moms head is infinitely more fun than wincing every time Brady gets touched.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

That’s exactly what I said but @Starless said other wise. I’ve been watching for a hot min and no teams have done this strategy. Also, do pats still play their starters till the 3rd Qtr in the 3rd per season game? 

Matt Nagy has been doing this since he became a HC also, last year in his first season I didn't like it but as long as everyone stays healthy and executes during the season I'm all for it.

• Like 1

I don't think it matters people are gonna get injured whether its preseason or the 1st game etc.. etc...   Should everyone just keep the starters out until around midseason if they are in the playoff race?   and if not just YOLO and let the backups play the rest of the games

14 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

I don't think not playing their starters in pre-season had anything to do with them playing in the super bowl. 

Because you can’t see injuries players might have suffered if they had played in the 2018 preseason.

Edited by patriotsheatyan
  • Like 1

Preseason is boring. Has been for a lot of years now.

Think most fans would be more than happy if their starters weren't playing any preseason at all. Pretty sure a lot of Panthers fans will be asking why Cam was playing in a preseason game after he got injured. Sure its turned out to be a sprain and he could potentially be ready for Week 1 but for a while there was a question about how much of the season he could potentially miss, affecting their season,  because he played in preseason.

Obviously coaches and GM's would argue they're needed to decide on their rosters for the season, but think it does need reviewing. Maybe four is a tad too many. 

Edited by PFM18

10 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

I don't think it matters people are gonna get injured whether its preseason or the 1st game etc.. etc...   Should everyone just keep the starters out until around midseason if they are in the playoff race?   and if not just YOLO and let the backups play the rest of the games

No doubt, injuries in the regular season suck.  And still happen.  Injuries in a meaningless game that could potentially make your entire season meaningless...are stupid and 100% avoidable.  

• Like 2