Chiefs @ Packers "The Camp Body Bowl"

Leader

19 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Hope D-Williams sticks on the PS.  He does have talent with the ball in his hands.  Still has a long way to go when he doesn't.

I thought his lapse in picking up the blitzing linebacker was kinda forgivable. It seemed to me that the linebacker delayed his blitz until DW left the backfield for a RB pass route. 

Too much talent there to not try seeing if he can learn from his mistakes. 

2 hours ago, Greg C. said:

What did we learn from this game? Not much. I learned this morning that just before the game, Matt LaFleur said that Lane Taylor won the starting job at left guard. Just when I was thinking Jenkins was going to get it. I like this arrangement best anyway, with Jenkins as a backup who can take over for Taylor next year. 

I think part of it has more to do with the flexibility that Elgton Jenkins provides.  If you have him on the bench, he can conceivably slot into any of the 3 IOL positions.  If you have Lane Taylor on the bench, he's really only slotting into 2 of the 3 IOL positions.  With the OL, you want as little moving parts as possible, because you're only as strong as your weakest link.  I do think Elgton Jenkins will eventually be in the starting lineup by the end of the year whether it because of injury or ineffectiveness from one of our starters.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think part of it has more to do with the flexibility that Elgton Jenkins provides.  If you have him on the bench, he can conceivably slot into any of the 3 IOL positions.  If you have Lane Taylor on the bench, he's really only slotting into 2 of the 3 IOL positions.  With the OL, you want as little moving parts as possible, because you're only as strong as your weakest link.  I do think Elgton Jenkins will eventually be in the starting lineup by the end of the year whether it because of injury or ineffectiveness from one of our starters.

+1.  Plus, we're starting with the Bears and Taylor has seen those guys before.  Our left side OL is intact and starting against two tough defenses the first two games.  Like you said, eventually Jenkins will be in there.