2019 Week 1 Packers @ Bears Game Week discussion

boratt

15 hours ago, Golfman said:

:D You're like Barack Obama, can't admit when you're wrong and like him, it happens a whole lot! 

You know what opinions and *******s have in common? 

The irony of you using Barack Obama for your analogy considering who his successor is 🤣🤣🤣

Prediction:

We lose because it’s our first game in a new offense and lots of new defenders, then this place collectively loses its **** because of whatever preconceived bias individuals happen to have is absolutely confirmed based on a play and a half in the game (Rodgers is done, No receivers after Adams, ILB is terrible, no pass rush, Crosby is the devil, la Fleur runs too much, etc). 

A less likely scenario is we catch the Bears off guard with new offense and win. And everyone is convinced we are Super Bowl bound. 

Bears crushed the Rams outside zone/play action offense. Now, the Rams play mostly 11 personnel and were more easily coaxed out of zone run plays by the Bears, Lions and Patriots collective game plans of showing edge setting looks presnap. 

Lets see how the chess match evolves. 

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

Prediction:

We lose because it’s our first game in a new offense and lots of new defenders, then this place collectively loses its **** because of whatever preconceived bias individuals happen to have is absolutely confirmed based on a play and a half in the game (Rodgers is done, No receivers after Adams, ILB is terrible, no pass rush, Crosby is the devil, la Fleur runs too much, etc). 

A less likely scenario is we catch the Bears off guard with new offense and win. And everyone is convinced we are Super Bowl bound. 

This is why I love Week 1.

Catching up....

Bears kicked the can down the road concerning Mack and his deal.  Which is smart.  They have cap space today, not a ton next year, but that is why you roll from this year.  It's about as good of a scenario as you can have, providing your young QB is good enough to get it done.  And I have my reservations concerning Trubisky.

Here's what I'm anxious to see on Thursday...

1) True unveiling of the MLF offensive scheme.  We've been told he's gonna run more.  Let's see if it is true. 

2) Smith's on the Edge.  Man, excited to see what each can do!

3) Back end safety play with Amos and Savage.  We've heard that it looked good in practice...let's see it for realsies now.

4) MVS.  Second year ascending player with size and speed?  Yes please!  Just like cowbell, I'm gonna need more MVS.

5) O-line.  They've all started many games.  Improved greatly at RG and depth.  Could be a top 10 or top 5 line in the league.

6) X Factor...what is it gonna be?  Or who is it gonna be?  Gary?  Trevor Davis?  Kumerow?

As this team was going through the off-season, I didn't have my usual enthusiasm for the team.  Was more practical and perhaps analytical.  But now that it is time to play?  I'm getting that fun feeling again.  That true fan feeling!  And I'm digging it!

I’m concerned about how AR fits into this offense. 

AR has run an audible/adjustment offense

Defenses show run defense presnap

AR predictably switches to pass play

AR falls into defenses trap

AR was in gun so he holds the ball and gets away 

Receivers adjust to post snap defense

Sacks or big plays happen

Why that will not work in the shannahan offense:

Rodgers predictably changes to pass plays

Defense trap works

now Rodgers is under center with play action

Rodgers can’t get away like he could from gun

Rodgers dead

These are two philosophies that don’t mix well. McVay runs an audible adjustment shannahan offense and good defenses trapped him into bad play calls and destroyed his offense. I worry AR is gonna push hard for this type of audible offense and get destroyed against good defenses who trap him In play action the same way the Rams were trapped. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

The "McVay style offense" term relating to GB and the notion that MLF got his job because of McVay (by some) really needs to go. He's been more Shanahan influenced.

Obviously MLF is calling the shots, but Let's also not forget that Hackett sure isn't a McVay guy. There's going to be differences between what LA runs and what GB does and MLF/Rodgers have said as much multiple times.

They also had Goff as QB. I think that may be Rodgers is a bit better?

Callahan dosen't play for the Bears anymore, they replaced him with Skrine.

Why does it need to go?  He ran a dumpster for an offense in the only instance he got control away from Mcvay.  Had he not been associated with Mcvay there is a 0% chance he's our head coach right now.

Archived