2019 Week 1 Packers @ Bears Game Week discussion

boratt

Aaron Rodgers loves to audible.

Teams know this

Good teams bait AR into audibles

They unmask their disguise post snap

AR is in a horrible play because he audibles into a trap 

AR holds the ball, runs around and either takes a sack that destroys the drive or makes a big play off schedule

The Packers devise a whole system where Rodgers gets to the line quick, gets baited into a bad audible and then holds the ball when the play breaks down and finds a way to make off schedule plays. 

Not gonna work under center, with play action. Works better from shotgun so he can see the play falling apart in front of him instead of having his back to it. If AR wants to be audiblecentric in this offense he will die. 

• Like 2

AR and MLF are in for a world of hurt if one doesn’t adjust more than the other. If AR wants to keep his Manning/Rodgers audible style offense, MLF is gonna have to go to gun so AR doesn’t die. If MLF wants to run his outside zone with play action, AR is gonna have to give up the audibles and focus on pace and tempo so defenses don’t have time to bait him into bad audibles. Can’t have it both ways. 

Im rooting for MLf. I’m sick of the bad audible, broken play offense. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

What makes you think the slopfest wouldve been cleaned up had he practiced a few more reps against defenses that arent nearly as dangerous as the Bears? Against uncommon opponents who you wont see again. Against defenses that will only be called against a hurry up offense, with players trying things they may never try again. Whatever helps you justify the thing though.

I really dont see the need to put entrenched vets in harm's way. The younger players need to assimilate to NFL speed the guys fighting for a job need every opportunity to prove theyre the right man. Dont send the captain on patrol. 

Because it's not just Rodgers. The offense is a collaboration not a single entity

3 minutes ago, boratt said:

AR and MLF are in for a world of hurt if one doesn’t adjust more than the other. If AR wants to keep his Manning/Rodgers audible style offense, MLF is gonna have to go to gun so AR doesn’t die. If MLF wants to run his outside zone with play action, AR is gonna have to give up the audibles and focus on pace and tempo so defenses don’t have time to bait him into bad audibles. Can’t have it both ways. 

https://amp-si-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/02/nfl-super-bowl-50-gary-kubiak-peyton-manning?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQEKAFwAQ%3D%3D#aoh=15675394553918&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fmmqb%2F2016%2F02%2F02%2Fnfl-super-bowl-50-gary-kubiak-peyton-manning

I'll leave this here for you so you can quit reiterating your nightmares.

They're smart guys. Theyll figure it out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, boratt said:

Why do you believe you can't audible under center?

7 minutes ago, boratt said:

I think it’s not bad audibles.... it’s more Rodgers held onto the ball for bigger plays... or locked into Nelson, Cobb, etc over the years.

He had people open, they were just Jeff Janis etc... and he didn’t trust them. Or he was trying to play hero ball because he didn’t trust the defense.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

I'll go ahead and disagree with that.

How about don't fall for the garbage that other teams sat their starters so it's ok that the Packers did the same. Those other teams don't have a brand new system. How about don't fall for the preemptive damage control Rodgers and MLF are giving in case the offense struggles ? 

This is about Rodgers AND the offense. How many times have we heard that there is no simulating game situations ? Now all of the sudden that's not true ? No red jerseys allowed Thursday night. No grab and hold tackling. Rodgers and MLF keep talking about how competitive sessions against Pettine is just as telling as gameday. Seriously ? I'm guessing Rodgers couldn't be more comfy in the red jersey facing that defense for the millionth time. I could quote Alan Iverson but won't.  How many offensive starters have zero game snaps in this brand new offense this year ? Hell next year lets have the starters skip minicamp. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not buying what they're selling.

If you told me Aaron Rodgers would suffer one hit in the pre season game, it would be malpractice to have him in there. The risk isn’t worth the reward . 

Aaron Rodgers also isn’t Allen Iverson. Practice reps are much more valuable. Hell, just a few weeks ago Aaron was talking about how valuable team practices were and how he didn’t like the joint practices with Houston. 

1-2 series in the pre-season has no relevance on how he plays Thursday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I'm guessing either two things will happen.

A. He plays really well and everyone on TV goes OMG SB FAVORITES

B. It doesn't look very good, OMG HOW LONG UNTIL THEY FIRE THE NEW COACH

My question is how well he needs to play for A to happen.. I'm guessing we need to look really really good.

Let me go on record and say I’m extremely high on this team. Health permitted, 7-9 is my floor. The NFC is going to be tough, but I really like this roster .  LaFleur is actually my x-factor . If he can coach , I think we’re off to the races. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Wow, great article and it’s exactly what I’m worried about. Manning checked himself though. I don’t know if AR has it in him. Not to humble brag, but AR is the smartest person in any room.

18 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If you told me Aaron Rodgers would suffer one hit in the pre season game, it would be malpractice to have him in there. The risk isn’t worth the reward . 

Aaron Rodgers also isn’t Allen Iverson. Practice reps are much more valuable. Hell, just a few weeks ago Aaron was talking about how valuable team practices were and how he didn’t like the joint practices with Houston. 

1-2 series in the pre-season has no relevance on how he plays Thursday.

Too much green and gold Kool Aide

Of course he likes practice reps. Of course he says they are valuable. You also take it one game at a time. And don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Go ugly early. You've missed the entire point

Edited by cannondale

On 9/2/2019 at 1:26 PM, festiveonion said:

On opening up the offense against the Bears: 
Davante: "its been kinda rated G a little bit, so far throughout preseason so we don't give away all the goods" 
Reporter: "Could it be R-rated this Thursday?"
Davante: "It could be a rated X movie, we'll see" 

Love this kid lol.

"THAT IS A DISGUSTING ACT!!"

buckaikmanfaces.jpg