2019 Week 1 Packers @ Bears Game Week discussion

boratt

Just now, incognito_man said:

Are you observing the game from a Planck length away?

Actually not.....and for the less than brilliant amongst us.........

The Planck length is the scale at which classical ideas about gravity and space-time cease to be valid, and quantum effects dominate. This is the 'quantum of length', the smallest measurement of length with any meaning. And roughly equal to 1.6 x 10-35 m or about 10-20 times the size of a proton.

Offense has to get better at upping their efficiency on 3rd down as well as on play-action passes. We'll see how Rodgers responds to being behind center a lot more.

Interior line is improved, so it may not be as rough as expected, assuming he doesn't try to be superman.

Edited by Howler

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Our offense certainly employs a heavy dose of McVay concepts, which is the point. Of course the offenses aren't going to be the same, and of course Rodgers is a better QB, but the Rams offense overall was one of the best in the league last year and they were bullied all night. Merely illustrates that we have one hell of a challenge on our hands for Thursday against that defense, and quite frankly, if we struggle, I'm not going to take it as a sign for things to come. 

*Sidenote, I know Callahan is gone, I pointed out that he was hurt to illustrate that he didn't play in the Rams game so people wouldn't rush in and say "yea, but they did that with Amos and Callahan so it's completely different..." Other than Amos, you're looking at the same squad on Thursday night. ;)

One game doesn't mean much ... don't forget, we also gave the Rams all they could handle at their house last year without anywhere near the Bear's talent.  That being said, the Bear squad are the same in some aspects.  However they have a different defensive head man, QB that's only been so so, secondary that lost couple main starters, running back questions and a kicking game that's been a merry go round. Course we have a challenge ... don't think anybody is disputing that.  I like our chances.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Actually not.....and for the less than brilliant amongst us.........

The Planck length is the scale at which classical ideas about gravity and space-time cease to be valid, and quantum effects dominate. This is the 'quantum of length', the smallest measurement of length with any meaning. And roughly equal to 1.6 x 10-35 m or about 10-20 times the size of a proton.

That's what she said......length matters (another pun!)