2019 Week 1 Packers @ Bears Game Week discussion

boratt

5 minutes ago, deathstar said:

It's hard to tell. Chicago vs. SF and LA last year was dominant. But if you remove Fangio can Pagano replicate that? Pettine did pretty well in the first game vs. Nagy last season, but Trubisky's options have only gotten better. I think for Chicago the big question is w/ the DC and w/ Trubisky. For GB it'll be the passing game and the new edge defenders. Chicago's going to stress GB horizontally and GB just invested A LOT in their edge. 

Hard to say. I'll go for GB in a close one.

It's a tough call for me as well. So many question marks on both teams and changes from last year. I think it'll  be a really close game. Here's to no injuries and double doinks.:P

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pool said:

It's a tough call for me as well. So many question marks on both teams and changes from last year. I think it'll  be a really close game. Here's to no injuries and double doinks.:P

Sounds fair! I agree, these are very different teams than last year. The best we can hope for is that one team out-footballs the other; please no controversies.

18 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Beginning of a season with some new rules... Which one is going to screw the packers this year right off that bat?

In the past:

Fail Mary

temporary new roughing the passer rule

Holding. They called it a lot in preseason. Point of emphasis. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Norse65 said:

Holding. They called it a lot in preseason. Point of emphasis. 

I feel like (hope) that doesn't continue. They've done this kind of stuff in the PS before they never called it like that in the regular season

38 minutes ago, Pool said:

Hey Pool, thanks for coming over here and not being a turd in the punchbowl!

My practical mind is telling me to give the Bears at least 3 points for home field.

Talent wise....I'd give another 3 points to Chicago.  

Wildcard is the GB roster (4 new free agent starters plus 2 first round picks).

Wildcard is new GB coach.

Wildcard is new GB offensive scheme.

QB wise...Rodgers needs 6 points over Mitch.

The fan in me says I have to go GB here, but by 3 points.

I think we will see a defensive game.

Either way it goes, I'll echo your sentiment of no injuries!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Beginning of a season with some new rules... Which one is going to screw the packers this year right off that bat?

In the past:

Fail Mary

temporary new roughing the passer rule

Blindside block behind the LOS. Saw it called in the preseason, it's the dumbest rule I've probably ever seen. I can see it now....Rodgers scrambles out with Mack giving chase and as he reaches out, Vitale peels back and drills him on the inside shoulder, Rodgers hits Adams for the game winner. Flag on Vitale for what should be a perfectly legal block.